What is the best Linux distro?

What is the best Linux distro?

Attached: ubuntu.png (700x755, 81K)

Considering the picture, definitely Void Linux.

Install Gentoo.

debian or manjaro

distrowatch would probably help you out more.

GuixSD

*GNU/Linux distro

>What is the best Linux distro?
Alpine.
>*GNU/Linux distro
Mint.

Ubontu, of course. It's my daily driver.

came here to post this

it's gentoo logo

Debian, CentOS / RHEL, some non shitty ubuntu distro like xubuntu or lubuntu if you want it to just werk on a shitty PC, slackware if you want ot be a hipster.

What are you even talking about?

MX Linux

Solyd K.

I'm surprised he has not shown up yet

Fucking based!

Honestly after years of messing with different distros, I always find myself coming back full circle to Ubuntu. The desktop environment is up to you, but if you want something stable and that requires minimal tweaking Ubuntu just works.

Unironically, same here. openSUSE is a close second.

alpine vs void
who wins

For what purpose? Nothing beats Debian for servers. Fedora for enterprise users, Ubuntu for home users. Arch for hobbyists.

Crux

Right? Barnyfag is slacking

that picture would be so cute if it wasn't some retarded mlp thing

The one I use.

This, the most underrated distro so far.

Arch

Attached: 6Ix41p5.png (610x598, 844K)

Considering the pic
> ponyos.org
Or

Loirux

>manjaro
>Arch with bloat
No thanks

Attached: 1529954408359.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

That's not linux based though.

Depends on what you think makes something to be the "best".

Stability: centOS
Looks: elementaryOS
Plenty of customization: Ubuntu Budgie, Solus
Being lightweight: Arsch
Balance between all these aspects: Xubuntu

Fedora with systemd stripped.

Nix OS
or

Attached: nixos-logo-only-hires.png (1183x1024, 88K)

what. You mean you find it hits all the cute checkboxes, but you prevent yourself from having a good time cause the design comes from a place you dislike

Is GuixSD just libre version of NixOS?
This rollback stuff seems really nice

Since Arch AUR is kill I want to try something new for a change. GuixSD or NixOS

Guix is just fsf NixOS with it's own init instead of systemd. I installed nix recently and it's very comfy and I love the way it works, I won't be switching from this anytime soon. I highly recommend you try them out

Void, Souls or Debian.

probably ubuntu with xfce. It just werks.

install gentoo

fpbp

Qubes OS based

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-11_08-37-11.png (1366x768, 324K)

Ubuntu

Attached: Ubuntu-logo.png (450x450, 10K)

Qubes, after they get rid of systemd (I think you can already use Void with it though?)
Gentoo
SourceMage

>Arch AUR is kill
What?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1408844743764.png (854x473, 257K)

What if I want to run PC games that aren't supported by Linux? Dual boot the only option? How hard is it to get drivers for laptops?

Solus os

gayOS

Kubuntu

No, Richard, it's 'Linux', not 'GNU/Linux'.
The most important contributions that the FSF made to Linux were
the creation of the GPL and the GCC compiler.
Those are fine and inspired products.
GCC is a monumental achievement and has earned you, RMS,
and the Free Software Foundation countless kudos and much appreciation.

Following are some reasons for you to mull over, including some already answered in your FAQ.

One guy, Linus Torvalds, used GCC to make his operating system (yes, Linux is an OS -- more on this later).
He named it 'Linux' with a little help from his friends.
Why doesn't he call it GNU/Linux?
Because he wrote it, with more help from his friends, not you.
You named your stuff, I named my stuff -- including the software I wrote using GCC -- and Linus named his stuff.
The proper name is Linux because Linus Torvalds says so.
Linus has spoken. Accept his authority.
To do otherwise is to become a nag. You don't want to be known as a nag, do you?

Windows 7

>Qubes, after they get rid of systemd (I think you can already use Void with it though?)
Are they planning on doing so?

I'm mostly interested in Qubes, Alpine, GuixSD, and any distro that manages to implement a microkernel. For home usage I'm stick to Ubuntu until I feel like I know what I'm doing, then Fedora.

What's a good distro to run on my thinkpad x200? I'm using opensuse right now but it seems a bit laggy.