Best low resource personal firewall?

im looking for a personal firewall that won't chew up resources. whats your personal preference Jow Forums?

Attached: fire3.jpg (618x410, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tinywall.pados.hu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

jesus christ do i really have to insult you lame faggots to get a response?

(You)

(((ME)))?

For you probably the built in sec of windows and common sense. Who do you think you need to keep from your system? What kind of idiot are you to be vulnerable to that type of attack?

i mainly need to block the occasional warez from reporting home

can i just add an exception to hosts or does that not apply in this day and age?

oy vey

Attached: 1529669414778.png (1500x625, 398K)

tinywall.pados.hu/

google only returns ads and shitty shill articles

install iptables on gentoo

lol, liek i be running gentoo, when i run linux its debian. this is for win10.

Attached: 804724097_230339.jpg (640x822, 43K)

there is a thread for the stupid lot such as yourself.

fuck right off ya cunt.

these are both me plus
i've been here longer than you been sentient QTpie

k, learn selinux and all your problems go away. oh wait, you're retarded.

Ufw

lowest form of retarded in fact, im an idiot.

literally wtf do you even want? wtf is a personal firewall? jesus fucking christ.

thank you! now i can let this die.

>block the occasional warez from reporting home
There is no firewall that can do this out of the box. To do this, you start with any old firewall, like the one in your shitty router, and add rules to block sites by IP address or domain name. You need to figure out which IP address or domain name yourself. There are lists online but they are nowhere near comprehensive.

One way to figure out which traffic to block is to start by blocking everything, and then allow the traffic you actually need. But this is hard in practice - do you really want to whitelist the websites you want to visit, and block the rest of the web? Or do you allow everything on port 80 and 443 and hope the malware authors didn't use that port? Either way sucks.
There are many firewall products that claim to do exactly what you want out of the box. It is a lie, they will not protect you any more than your shitty router already does. Many people believe these lies which is how Sonicwall remains in business.

don't worry i'll blow you late bb

shit this doesn't work on windows despite being python

Just use Windows firewall if your on Windows silly

can i just run wire shark and see what changes when i run the program and then block whatever new shit shows up?
you seem to be the most intelligent person to show up to this shitshow of a thread

awe shit homey! is that a real thing? i've been outta the game for a while

Yea that's a good way to do it. It's a shitload of work though. You'll always have either false positives or false negatives.

If you can find a firewall that can block by process, it gets easier. For example you could allow every connection from Firefox but block everything from Photoshop.

i'll look into these things.
thanks guys i'll get the next round of blowjobs

>most intelligent
>doesn't know what mandatory access control is.

honestly, you all are retarded.

longest reply == most intelligent don't cha know

As long as you are running Windows XP or later, it should be installed. How long you been outta the game? Windows 10 calls it Windows Defender Firewall I think.

since longhorn was just a codename

So what were you in jail for?

lol, no jail just working homeless

bump