Can ALL telemetry be disabled on MacOS and iOS? Is it harder to do than on Windows?

Can ALL telemetry be disabled on MacOS and iOS? Is it harder to do than on Windows?

Attached: 1516506148596.jpg (1600x900, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ask to Siri

She told me telemetry is completely anonymous but I don't care, it's still my usage data and I don't want it to be collected.

Telemetry is easy as fuck to disable on Windows if you're using the Enterprise edition.

>hosts file (%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc)
DWS - github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying
>Services (services.msc)
DiagTrack
DoSvc
>Group Policy (gpedit.msc)
Data Collection and Preview Builds (Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Componenets + User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Componenets)

As for Pro and Home, I'm pretty sure some of the config options are not present like gpedit

>easy as fuck
>just lobotomize your DNS and install these third party utilities
also this is a mac thread you fucking dummy

>lobotomize your DNS and install these third party utilities
DWS is a one-time use utility. It simply aids the process
>this is a mac thread
Windows telemetry was brought up too

You people should read a research paper once in a while. Apple uses differential privacy to collect data. It's virtually impossible to pinpoint who you are.

It's still being collected, though. I'd rather not have that happen for their stupid advertising and analytics bullshit. Fuck them for selling my data

Turn it off in settings tard

I don't care. no telemetry please.

They could still collect it. Windows definitely has pulled scumbag shit like that. The same could be said for Apple I don't trust it

no

Attached: prism-slide-51.jpg (700x525, 85K)

There is none, changing systems settings can damage your mac and will not be covered under warranty.

That's bullshit. Mac has telemetry. Literally all modern OSes have at least some sort of telemetry, except the majority of Linux distros.
>changing systems settings can damage your mac
Again, complete bullshit. A factory reset is all you need if you fuck up, which is practically impossible to do on Mac unless you're a literal retard

Sorry OP, but would you rather baby sit a barely functional os like linux for your computing purposes or whore out your data?

Then monitor your outgoing network data retard, it’s not that complicated

No because that would take over 1 brain cell and a knowledge of using basic tools. It's easier to just whine.

I realized that I can do that. I've already sinkholed the domains, but it's still a fucking bitch to deal with

It makes you respect Jobs a bit more, doesn't it? He kept the NSA at bay

>Is it harder to do than on Windows?
Can't be harder than impossible.

The only thing that kept the NSA at bay was applel's irrelevant 0% marketshare pre 2011.

Neither are open source. We don't know what lies beyond the edge of the observable [macOS or Windows] universe.

Attached: Briandunning-HereBeDragons229.jpg (300x300, 63K)

>Apple post iPhone
>Irrelevant
Pick one

>itoddler subhuman
>reading comprehension
Pick one.

this
you never know what's under the hood