Jow Forums

Jow Forums

Attached: yee.png (900x500, 46K)

nigga where bish

Transparent sidepanels are cancer

A thread died for this

should be flipped tbqh

This really does highlight something Jow Forumsis stupid about. They'll complain about wasting money on stupid shit that has a "gamer" aesthetic, but the reality is that you really can't avoid it if you are being economical.

t. Poorfag

>having internals so ugly you don't want to look at them
But why user?

Found the gaymer

>caring about how things look and not how they perform

Truth

Prepare for a shitstorm

Why would a case cost more without the open side? Retard alert

this

I just use the case I bought when I was 12. It's got rust in some spots now and the cable management opportunities are poor, but I'm too cheap to bother with an upgrade

>IT PERFORMS GREAT WHO CARES HOW IT LOOKS!!!

Attached: wrong4.jpg (640x480, 67K)

are you saying being able to see fires before they happen when you buy nvidia isn't a viable buying strategy?

Nice goalpost moving, gamerbro

So they why the fuck would a side panel matter? Who gives a shit if you can or can't see internals as long as the performance is there?

who fucking cares about how a desktop looks? just push it up against the wall under the desk and nobody will ever see. if you're running a home server then put it in the utility closet with the modem.

maybe you could care about laptop looks, like when you pull it out during class, but desktop looks? that's just for /v/ fags posting pics of their $1000 nVidia graphics card that only works on windows and speeds up their fps by 1%

did they ban you off /v/ or something? lol

Attached: 71tLQo-vA1L._SL1200_.jpg (1200x814, 135K)

>Higher manufacturing cost is good

i always buy the cheapest case and just leave the side open.i want to pay for performance and not to amuse 12 year olds in a e-pissing contest.

Attached: 1528754708054.png (500x500, 109K)

good for you, luis.

This.

enjoy ur dust

???????? k

i bought an nzxt source 210 and destroyed it

still using it tho works as intended

nice to see another user who doesnt give a fuck about the look of a PC :+)

Attached: 1530964346864.jpg (535x529, 27K)

How do you sleep with all that LEDs shining on your face?

what you don't use night lights?

I paid 24.99 + tax for my case made by Rosewill, its got usb/audio headers in the front, a vent on the side, and an extra fan in the back.

>Buying expensive cases ever.

Attached: triggered.jpg (340x344, 16K)

>they function just fine so who cares how they look!

Attached: images[1].jpg (225x225, 7K)

a case is the one part I go to the store to buy. For most cases, you just need a metal box with some fittings. Found a cheapo $20 box that's works perfectly for me.

Spent $50 on a case by CoolerMaster, looks like the one on the left in ops pic.
I seriously don't care what the inside of my PC looks like because all I'll be looking at is my monitor anyway.
I don't understand OP's pic anyway, it'd make more sense if the one on the right had RGB LEDs in it or something.

I'd pay 100 dollars for a motherboard tray

>the boomers that put form before function

>.i want to pay for performance and not to amuse 12 year olds in a e-pissing contest.
>implying you don't leave the side open so you can easily participate in guts threads

>Thinking that the clothes you wear is the same as what metal box you put your computer in

I actually do have a side panel and a single white led it so i can check dust build up

good uses for windowed cases other than for gaymen memes:
>plugging wireless mouse/keyboard on the inside ports of pic related, an opaque case wouldn't allow signal through because it's metal
>some motherboards use an LED light as diagnostic codes, will flash in a specific pattern
>general monitoring, such as dust buildup and fans
good use for opaque cases:
>not needing to care about what the inside looks like, therefore having a wider choice of components to choose from
>not feeling obligated to have the tower on a specific side because there's no window to make redundant

Attached: pcie usb.jpg (1300x1300, 186K)

>single white led it so i can check dust build up
how does an LED detect dust?

>I don't care how they look as long as it's cheap
>I care how it looks as long as it's cheap
fucking pick one you indecisive fucks, you've argued both ways

This. Bunch of underage (or Asian) in this thread who don't understand how stupid and tacky ricing out your PC looks.

I'm looking at my case i'm not looking at my screen. If i'm not looking at my screen i'm doing something else. Having a pointless LED-riddled case and a window is straight up a waste of time.

Its like admiring your lunchbox.

Dust reflects photons emitted from the light emitting diode that are then captured by photoreceptors in the human retina.

which case?

>t.

Attached: 1529114758830.jpg (633x640, 51K)

the virgin window vs the chad side fan

It's pretty funny how 10 years ago, a PC case with a clear siding would of costed more. Fashion tax spans farther than the Apple world.

You want decent airflow, and you want decent amount of storage bays, if you don't want either, you are not looking to a case that would have a window to begin with.

you want something that is fairly easy to clean, and something that makes the time you are working inside it not a complete motherfucker.
I personally use a thermaltake cube case, horizontal mounting allows me to have any stupid card or configuration without the worry of gravity being a problem, or the practicality of space. because I have an area to put it size is not an issue, in fact the oversized case makes working inside of it painless, anyone who ever had to deal with side mounted sata in a case that just barely fit the motherboard knows what I mean. and if i'm willing to pay an extra 20$ I could have thermaltake send me a second side panel without a window and a few more hdd bays, something I am considering.

personally, the case is one of the most

because there is usually some led shit that you cant turn off inside, and with so much shit going the way of 'lets led everything' a case that doesn't shine would be nice. granted im considering a light strip with a dead switch in mine just so I can look inside and see if there are problems, without removing the computer from where its positioned.

sadly this is more of an amd problem at since the 200 series, bearing the one manufacture who cut corners on vrm shit, but that's not an nvidia fault.

This is true.

Pre Bought kits? yea, looks like shit,
A well done modded case and theme, that can still look good.

qft

I want a window so I can see when I should clean it because I never open it again even when I should replace thermal paste

A TV without a screen?

>less and less new cases have external 5.25 bays
Die case makers and die people who buy cases with no external bays

Get a zalman z11
>cheap
>fuck tonne of drive bays
>SSD mount behind the mobo
>small window

Attached: 41TXIPBwDdL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 18K)

I enjoy having a side panel on my computer because I cherish the idea that technology is also art, it also shows your accomplishment for an extraordinarily useful tool that you will take care of throughout either your or the computer's lifetime.
With that in mind, I dont care for the led aesthetic, since none will really see your computer, you should focus on the environment around you to look as clean and comfy as possible to add a homely feel and correct light fixtures to either shine on the computer or to show the insides in a nice comfy way.

>I cherish the idea that technology is also art
This mentality is a cancer on modern technology. better aesthetics means less practicality, even if it's just slightly higher price for the RGB mess.

In desktops, it hasn't hurt the functionality of the device too much, but look at what happened to phones and laptops.

It looks worse than plain 40 dollar cases though.

It is precisely nvidia's fault for providing false specifications.

I bet you like minimalism faggot

no, it was specifically... was it evga or was it gigabyte... decided vrm pads cost to much, let's not put them on our gpus. it was 100% that companies retarded ass otherwise everyone else would have had the same problem.

Okay, this is epic

Attached: 1521423692731.jpg (988x1059, 138K)

Attached: 1513310143346.png (968x1419, 439K)

no u

It was shit thread anyways

Huh?
I bought one without a side screen because it's cheaper.
The tower in on the floor anyway, I can't even see it unless I go out of my way.

i'd never buy a transparent sidepanel case but i also would never buy a plain case for 275$. How about one of these old, plain grey cases for 2$ from a n old computer? Clean it, bam! Instant aesthetic case for nearly nothing

Achually I only like super tower cases with great airflow. That's why I don't like the rgb tempered glass shit we have in the current gen.

>I destroyed it
Do you wrestle with the case, user?

Cases with windows cost more (and perform worse) than ones without, you dumb nigger.

*Blocks you path*
8/10 bait scuzzbag

Attached: 11-352-085-V21.jpg (1280x960, 87K)

You want a case that if you kick it your foot breaks first.

Attached: CA039PT_119921_800x800.jpg (800x800, 63K)

I just don't understand why people buy cases in the first place. I've been using the same fucking case for 15 years now.

this but non-ironically.
the case is supposed to be the exterior of the PC, it's supposed to be aesthetic as it is.
If you want to see the insides so badly, either do an open air build or use a fully transparent case.

Even if you spend all your time and money color coordinating your PSU, fans, heatsink, memory, mobo, gpu and power cables it's still never going to look good, just less random.

>mommy i need a window so my motherboard can tell me how gay i am in led morse code

Attached: 1514281869532.jpg (1400x711, 104K)

>air flow
>cable management
>space for hdds and ssds

I used my old case for like 10 years too, replaced the guts 3 times or so.
But for current build i bought a new one this time.
It really is so much more comfortable to manage cables in it.
And it has ssd tray. (i had to zip-tie my ssd before)
It really is worth it to get a new one every now and then.

>needing a XBOC HUEG case
>not getting something as low profile as a console
Please, go back to

Since when do transparent side panel versions cost less?

My shitty case without the window was cheaper than the one with the plastic transparent shit.

Side fans are pretty effective.

New Balance are comfy as fuck. Being the autists choice of footwear is only a bonus.

I can hear the cpus suffocating from here.

I saw a spider web inside my windowed pc and could clean it up fast

I, for one, find it ironic how the lack of a gaymur window on the side of the case is now the sign of a premium product. We've gone full circle, lads.

*GPU silently suffocates*

Why don't you want soundproofing?

Transparent panels are pushed by the guberments to raise the noise level for ham operators so they have to use monitorable ways of communication.

I like my old plexiglass case though it's a original ft01

>that iphone notch side window
what in the fuck

ban faggy /fa/ keyboards first
those mini keyboards and "cool" keycaps are max 0nions
if you have rgb anything really kill yourself

somebody interested in creating a Jow Forums fortnite clan with me?

>Throwing away a side panel that can potentially mount a fan because you need to see the internals of a machine with no moving parts
Smart.

> a rectangle of Plexiglas costs more than than a solid rectangle of aluminum or steel or whatever metal a decent case is made out of.

t. Gaymer who is stuck at 13 year old

what about old school cathodes? casue i have them in my current pc...

Have you seen the price of plexiglas? Shit's way more expensive than aluminum. Plus the costs associated with now having to work with multiple materials and manual labor to attach the plexiglas to the metal frame.