New imac pro logic board costs about $2000

>new imac pro logic board costs about $2000
>unless you tampered with the warranty stickers, in which case its 4600 fuck yous
And that's the price the service provider is charged for the part, not the customer.

Attached: apple tax.png (1303x699, 974K)

Linus is rocking the JUST look I see...

>crying that the product he damaged on purpose costs a lot to replace when you're replacing everything except the metal frame

> missing that his point is the ridiculous markup on the parts and the general asshatery apple pulls on their ''partners''

>makes second video
>all his fault still
>miss point that he's replacing everything but the shell
>why is it so expensive!

> he knows and accepts it's his fault
> the main board has no reason to cost almost as much as a complete, new machine
> apple going about fining people for ordering parts they don't "have a certification for" is also utter horse shit

>> the main board has no reason to cost almost as much as a complete, new machine

Except it is almost all the components of a new machine, bar the screen (which he broke also)

> apple going about fining people for ordering parts they don't "have a certification for" is also utter horse shit

>apple can't certify people to work on their products or control a supply chain

>lo

Attached: asd.jpg (519x520, 38K)

Apple is gay.

Attached: frog.jpg (2000x2000, 489K)

>why won't apple fix my mac wtf guys

Do you honestly think appealing to my dislike of Apple will make this Manletcuck Soÿleaf faggot appealing OP?
No, please take your shilltubers to .
This is a board for posting people directly involved in technology and educated in it via practical application and studies.
This manletcuck is none of those except a marketer using tech as a meta to justify shilling his channel on Jow Forums and breaking the advertising rule.
Please take this shit elsewhere.

Attached: o-POLICE-PEPPER-SPRAYS-WOMAN-900.jpg (900x576, 161K)

CPU and RAM don't need replacing, they are worth half the cost of the machine.
Do some math.

>missed the part where linus fried everything mucking around with it after breaking the screen on purpose, need a new psu too

do the math

CPU and RAM are NOT needed.
Pay attention. Cost of parts is now known, you have nothing to hide behind.

>i inspected the board myself,trust me the cpu is fine!

>its impossible to test a generic socketed cpu and ram in other hardware!

>applet detected

>i know it's good though

hahah

And? It doesn't matter of the CPU and ram need to be replaced, you're still being charged 4600 for the board, minus the ram and CPU.

>boards should be free!

We have zero reason to doubt they are bad, he is not making any noise over those components and he has shelves of spares if he needed to replace them.

You're just factoring them in because it's the only way to bring the price to that of a new machine, which is still irrelevant to whether service should be an option.
If replacement parts are available, fix what is broken, don't just make more trash.

>We have zero reason to doubt they are bad,

LOL except he hasn't tested them but knows the whole board is dead and the PSU after he shorted it

Boards should not cost the service center more just because a sticker has been damaged on the old one.

>he hasnt tested them
You don't know this.
>the whole board and psu are dead
Actually he suspects the PSU is dead, and "the whole board is dead" is probably wrong. Only a small section of the board has to die to render the board useless. The machine wasn't running at the time which means the CPU wasn't powered and it's extremely unlikely he shorted an area in the CPU power rail section of the motherboard, so the CPU is most likely fine.

>You don't know this.
he just hasn't said it to help his argument

It doesn't matter nigger i'm not that guy but what don't you get that they are willing to pay for it and that carries no expectation of anything other than having access to service which has been denied for multiple other people? Whats wrong with entitlement to service for such an expensive product when thats always been apples biggest meme?

>don't buy apple shit since they refuse to fix anything for a price below the total cost of the device
>don't buy all in one shit so I can replace individual pieces all with their own warranty if something ever breaks
feels good

Attached: 1524832948481.jpg (384x530, 53K)

He could have claimed the PSU was fine too.
There's actually little reason to suspect it is damaged.

except he said he shorted the computer and the psu and board died

he said it

top kek keep moving the posts

>all components work fine!

No, you see he's only replacing the mobo, the PSU, and the screen. Computers typically have a lot more pieces than that but that's all he wants to replace.

No, he said maybe the PSU is damaged but he is replacing it anyway.
Try to pay attention to the video.

Also, for why the PSU probably isn't damaged, it is the thing supplying the fucking power that fucked the motherboard. It's made to handle high voltages, the motherboard is not.

ITT Apple shills

Linus Video had a positive impact in Louis channel. (Pic related)
Keep in mind Louis last upload was 5 days ago.

Attached: IMG_20180711_125539.jpg (1283x2403, 219K)

Can someone explain why people on Jow Forums are actually defending Apple's anti-consumer behavior?

>the psu is dead because he said it was dead!
>the cpu and ram are dead but he isnt saying because he wants it to look like a cheaper repair
>stop moving the goal posts!
I wonder who is behind these posts.

Because itoddlers browse here sadly

>you argue linus hasn't tested
>but then he has tested
>but then it isn't dead
>but he wants to replace it
>but it's not dead
>but he tested it!

Because it is well known there are Applefags on Jow Forums and likely paid Apple shills.
Almost half the image posts these days have an Apple identifying filename.

Phoneposters invaded Jow Forums some years ago and it never recovered.

You can't test the PSU on non-Apple hardware because it is proprietary.
You can test the CPU and RAM on non-Apple hardware because they aren't proprietary.

Apple charges 5500 instead of 2600 specifically if warranty stickers are broken on the part being replaced which any 3rd party service is obligated to return to them.

Lol.

>that upcoming Louis video
>that fucking Wendell cameo
Is linus browsing Jow Forums now?

Wendell cameo ? Where ?

How long until Linus will invite Luke Smith and King Terry ?

Linus has been kinda on terms with Louis after the whole gpu oven thing

They met once, and then louis went back to his job instead of wasting his precious time an an even smaller and less educated manlet than himself. He probably forgot that linus even exists.

>apple can't certify people to work on their products or control a supply chain
Of course they can certify, what does that have to do with fining? I don't have a Linux certificate, but I can still work with Linux without Linus fining me.

because you didn't agree to work for "linux" and sell their products and use their branding

it's like why bob's taxi co can fire you but you can still drive a car

And what does this have to do with me buying Apple's spare parts? When did I agree to work for them?

No one said that. You're really desperate.

RETARD ALERT

too hard to follow the MULTIPLE posts?

it's in regard to authorised re sellers who agreed to buy/work on apple shit and got trained and deal with apple

So I can buy spare parts from Apple freely? Because I clearly remember Rossman had his iPhone screens stopped at customs.

>tries to tamper with mac
>the company that does everything to keep you from tampering
>the brand people who don't want to tamper buy
>"why dont they want me tampering?"
>"why does it cost me to tamper?"

Attached: 1528210025723.jpg (385x375, 35K)

wow, what a great company. i love how they refuse to offer replacements parts, 10/10 would buy again

you mean someone else where they were labeled as iphone screens in bulk quantity and got seized by customs, not apple as they had apple logos on them

counterfeit goods are illegal

They weren't counterfeit. If you believe so, please provide evidence.

na i'm good i've seen the videos. Customs seized it and then informed the party due to the apple logo. If they weren't counterfeit they wouldn't be seized.

this is like Jow Forums crying about the refurbished windows disks and how greedy MS is but then i'ts him making thousands of cases and cover art in china so he can re sell them in the US as legit copies

So no evidence. The screens weren't counterfeit mate.

>SOCKS WITH SANDALS
>WEARING SANDALS
>2018

Attached: 1528459332081.png (469x452, 277K)

yeah customs just seizes shit all day long

>federal agency seizes item
>no evidence!
>listening to louis 3rd hand account as it happened to someone else in florida

/thread

>if you refurbish a product made by another company the product is now counterfeit
Shit I fixed a Dell and didn't remove all the Dell logos. I guess it's now counterfiet material.

>buy random dell parts from china with dell logos on them

dumb cunt got nothing to do with you fixing your own plastic pos

>refurbished items are counterfeit

Aftermarket parts aren't counterfeits since they are technically different, and have slightly different specifications
Plus the majority of aftermarket parts seized don't have Apple logos or parts
Aftermarket parts are only counterfeit if they say they're oem
>Buying a refurbished screen, which is just an oem screen with the broken glass repaired is counterfeit

Most Dell parts aren't proprietary, so replacing parts dont make a machine counterfeit, that user is just retarded and doesn't understand that

It never makes it a counterfeit. You can replace whatever you want from your phone.

>Plus the majority of aftermarket parts seized don't have Apple logos

Except hers did

>they have tiny Apple logos on the flex cable, which is what connects the screen to the interior of the phone.

>Aftermarket parts are only counterfeit if they say they're oem

>“The parts I buy have an original flex on it because that’s what’s best for my consumers,” she said. “It’s difficult and pointless to erase the existing Apple logo that’s printed on a tiny piece of flex. There’s no customer-facing Apple logo, no logo anywhere on the glass. It’s smaller than a grain of rice. We have never said online, in person, or anywhere else that these are Apple-certified screens.”

wow so they're OEM

thanks for agreeing with me

This makes it okay?

Send it to Louis he’ll fix it for cheap or better yet fix it yourself.

Can't fix it yourself because you can't get the parts. That's the whole point.

I don’t understand why anyone would just not buy a new MBP instead of trying to repair it. I don’t know anyone who actually tried to fix their out of warranty Windows PC. Just trash it and get a new one.
Or sell it for parts on eBay.

You just make the parts or cannibalize off another you got for the parts. This is not rocket science.

I just don't know what he was expecting to happen. If he disagrees with their business so much he shouldn't cover their products, but he's just doing it to make money with his business anyways.
Did he expect Apple to bend over backwards for him?

Did you not watch the video? It's simply to shame apple for shitty practices that are over-all bad for the industry as a whole. Not that anyone on this board should not already be aware, I expect it's to educate the reddit kids whom live under rocks and still actually purchase apple products. Minus the ipad pro, cause that shit replaced my wacom like a bamf. Let's just hope it NEVER BREAKS.

>I don’t know anyone who actually tried to fix their out of warranty Windows PC
Seriously, get the fuck off this board.

No, I'm sorry, this is bullshit.
The screens are iPhone screens, that's all there is to it. They were made by Apple and they are for iPhones.
If you replace the broken glass on the front of the screen that does not make the screen counterfeit. You cannot claim it is an official OEM part, but they weren't doing that. They were just calling it what it was, and iPhone screen.
Even if you have to replace dead components on the screen itself to refurbish it, it is still an iPhone screen. It is not counterfeit.
If you actually put the Apple logo on a non-Apple item, then it would be counterfeit. They do not do that. The logo is already there because Apple made it.

Apple tried to use this same line of argument in fighting against right to repair bills when they argued that if a third party repairs a Macbook then it is no longer a Mac but becomes a "PC".
Apple is just trying to make the rules.

Calm down boy. I meant Windows notebook.

>Why is this tech reviewer buying a product and making a video to warn potential consumers about the awful anti-consumer practices this company has
Yeah, I can't really quite wrap my head around why a tech reviewer would review a tech product. Truly a mystery!

You are exactly the kind of consumer whore these companies count on.
Give yourself a gold star.

>implying they're bad
>implying no other manufacturer has issues
>hp recalled 50k batteries in january
>no one gives a shit
>apple watch has battery exchange program
>lol apple shit xD

When my Samsung ultrabook's battery started expanding I contacted the Samsung service center in my country and purchased a battery that they mailed me and I replaced myself.

Why did he need a new mobo ?

So it's an original Apple flex cable, not a counterfeit. Thanks for proving his point.

>buy products from china
>all labeling says non original screen
>has apple logo though

which is it

see

IMAGINE shilling for apple, FOR FREE.

Attached: 1369056134709.gif (276x220, 774K)

My work is important so I have two MBPs just in case and I back them up regularly. So far zero problems. It’s not about doing what corporations want me to do but what I have to do to stay productive.

>>implying no other manufacturer has issues
That's not the implication.
Recalls are a thing, admitting your product has a fault and dealing with it should be normal (we make a big deal about Apple because they generally need to be sued before they do a recall or extended service).
The problem is that you have a paying customer who wants their product serviced, the company is capable of providing the service but denies it, which is within their rights under their policy, but they also have such restrictions on their partners that getting service from licensed service providers who are willing to do the work is also difficult and far more expensive than it should be.

Good for you. Can’t wait for your screen to crack. Let’s see how you repair that.

that's labelled as non apple parts

she even says they're never labeled as genuine

How can you win when you say they're not original screens but they have apple logos on them

hence they got seized

>if they claim it is official its counterfeit!
>if they claim it isnt official but it has the logo on it its counterfeit!
It's always counterfeit, I guess?

>MBP
>work

Ayy lmao

Why would my screen crack?

Visibly destroying a part is mandatory for some replacements. If I remember correct Logitech asks for a picture of you cutting the cable to their peripherals before they send a replacement. I've heard of a few companies doing similar to make sure your not just trying to get free stuff.

yeah im sure apple said remove the glass then step on it and break it in half then will will send you that display for you to self install

Can you imagine being such a loser that you have been hating on apple for over a decade even though every one else copies them then 3 years later you praise the copier and say how the design isn't original

i remember the mba and how suddenly Jow Forums used their dvd drive daily top kek

or how everyone copies the mbp design now. funnily enough its been over 10 years since that uni body design

Apple got rid of the optical drive at a time it was still commonly used.
>b-but they were leading the way!
No, it was still going to go anyway.

Why would your battery bulge? Shit happens.

Well I outbid most of my competitors so yeah, work. Real paying work.

Product "ecosystems" were a mistake. Once you get dragged in you're more willing to put up with them shitting on you. Same reason why I don't buy all the digital shit Amazon sells.