The absolute state of Applel

>The absolute state of Applel

Attached: applel.png (892x844, 549K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mashable.com/2018/04/12/graykey-box-iphone-unlocking-police/?utm_campaign=Mash-BD-Synd-Flipboard-All-Full&utm_cid=Mash-BD-Synd-Flipboard-All-Full#iSF_PL.Edmq3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Allowing data transfer over USB while the phone is locked at all

Attached: 1475447311209.jpg (353x239, 18K)

at the risk of sounding like an applefag, this doesn't really mean much, it doesn't defeat it in the sense that it get data support back on after it times out, this just means attackers don't need to bring cracking tools specifically with them before they attempt to acquire the phone

>plugged into the phone before the one hour limit
So if it was sitting around for an hour already then this method is useless?

This.
An itoddler has defended this.

T H W A R T E D

>Apple
>device security defeated after intense research and reverse engineering

>Android
>still secure because it's fucking unusable trash

SURE SHOW'D THOSE APPLE USERS WHO'S BOSS RIGHT?!?

Nobody mentioned Android here man. The IPhones security is better then most phones I'd say. Some phones specifically designed for the task do better ofc.

Apple is gay.

Attached: frog.jpg (2000x2000, 489K)

you have to actively turn on data transfer from USB for it to work, iToddlers are in full defence mode.

What was apple thinking? (if they were thinking at all)

Attached: 550.png (207x243, 7K)

It would appear iPhones are locked in the sense a mailbox is "locked".

What's up with the shitty news these days? It's not a real loophole, it won't work if the phone has not been plugged in.

Tekashi is that you

>Phone takes an hour to actually lock it when you lock it
Think Different(tm)

Reason is entiely beside the point. Apple's products, by any sane standard, shouldn't even exist. It started with needlessly proprietary hardware and software, and now they're more marketing than commodity.

It's because otherwise no peripheral will work in your pocket, since they ditched the headphone jack the port connector has to be able to send data just so your wired headphones work.

All things can be solved by not living near niggers

this post is literally some one saying "hey if you steal iphones plug random shit into them to reset timer before you plug it into PC to unlock it"

Maybe they shouldn't have removed the headphone jack.

man_in_academic_regalia_looking_wistfully_at_his_diploma.webp

Oh, and lest we forget, Google mocked Apple for removing the jack, then did the same with the Pixel.

>>Allowing data transfer over USB while the phone is locked at all
ohh look
>Lightning to USB3
found your problem
>lightning
Do you know why lightning sucks?
Because you can easily start DMA transactions with the system, even if you have 0 privileges.
Do you know who built that? Intel.
So, combine Intel's shitty security with apple's shitty security and you have an implosion of security holes.

>Maybe they shouldn't have removed the headphone jack.
They cannot bring it back, because they'll have to admit that they lost the battle with functionality
plus it's not able to sell proprietary shit for a huge amount of money that plug in a 3.5mm hole.

>security firm does it
>it's fine
>private individual/organization does it
>DMCA CIRCUMVENTION PUNISHABLE BY 20 HARD LABOR YEARS UNDER FEDERAL LAW

USA #1

>phone locks up AFTER one hour
>hurrrr why is it not locked up BEFORE one hour.

I hate Apple but that article is retarded clickbait.

>Having this bad reading comprehension

Attached: 852.jpg (213x237, 9K)

Most likely this is fake news. It is a fact that Apple products, and the iPhone prominently, are the most secure consumer electronics products that you can afford. They just work, and for most effects, they are unhackable. If there is a way to get in, it is most likely to be exploited by governments. Unless you are a terrorist or a drug dealer you have nothing to worry about.
PD: nobody wants the secrets of a bunch of basement dwelling beardnecks, Jow Forums

>if a USB accessory is plugged into the phone before the one-hour time limit has elapsed.
>before the one-hour time limit has elapsed.

I don't even lock my phone

Attached: 1521992638528.jpg (600x329, 17K)

Believing in fucking fake news like that.

Attached: aids.png (1665x609, 322K)

Same here.

I use a Samsung LED cover which unlocks the phone as soon as I open it.
I just look after my stuff.

Attached: 1531325161890.gif (509x710, 2.55M)

Attached: 1519667547120.png (594x648, 152K)

> I don't lock my phone
> I just use this thing that locks my phone

Attached: brainlet echo.png (500x500, 20K)

Yet another iToddler has defended this

by lock he meant with a pin or a password, not keeping the screen on 24/7

>I don't even lock my phone
I actually do, but only to be able to use Google Pay.

Based!

The restricted mode is working just as intended.
It will enter restricted mode after 1 hour of no usage used unless you connect some USB.
If you use a phone dock, or connect to the car stereo, or hearing assistance, it's meant to stay connected for longer than 1 hour.

>feature works exactly as intended
Stop whining, It would be even more effective if the timer was shorter but that'd sacrifice convenience.

>Think Different(tm)
You are locking it wrong.

>Feature works as intended
>(((Journalists))) are desperate to make up bullshit to get those coveted Clicks for their beloved ad-shekels

how is this an exploit when it's literally how it's designed to function? Fucking clickbait.

Reminder that Type C supports analog audio io through passive adapters while ishit requires external dac.

Uhhh my Pixel XL 2 requires an external DAC (It's in the cable)

Attached: 800px-Cybiko.jpg (800x1477, 205K)

Isn't Android security just a meme though? At least your shit is somewhat secure with iOS.

Underage bitter virgins need to leave.

Lightning != Thunderbolt

Not really. Android is only really "less secure" because there's a 90% chance you're buying a phone that won't get updated, and because you can install whatever you want instead of being stuck in a walled garden.

This. It's your phone, keep up with it you faggots. If you're afraid of getting mugged, live near white people.

Then it doesn't fully support type C

iTODDLERS BTFO

Nice fucking digits

Wow incredible arguments.

perfectly valid argument to some shitty idea that a company shouldn't exist just because they make proprietary devices.

>a company shouldn't exist just because they make proprietary devices.
Like they're the only company doing so.

>apple constantly updating features to restrict law enforcement and others getting your data
>gets shit on
>meanwhile at google

>Google is receiving police requests for data from all mobile users near crime locations
>Google has declined to comment in detail on the issue

top kek aka yes we handed over location data

Will get patched but not really a big issue

it's to stop police like in that last guy trying to unlock the phone with his dead body. 1 hour window they'd still be doing a crime scene etc and that's assuming he locked his phone just before that

Least apple is doing something, FBI paid $1000000 for that first device which was just a box that bruteforced pins on older iphones

Anyone have that picture of the smug dude sitting in a chair with a bunch of apple product boxes on display? I really need it.

Nice digits

Hope this one works

Attached: 1477114373887.jpg (2000x2000, 547K)

take that trash to /b/

no one gives a shit about that here

Thanks my dude!

No they do it in house. Also that box does not bruteforce and its imo 15000
mashable.com/2018/04/12/graykey-box-iphone-unlocking-police/?utm_campaign=Mash-BD-Synd-Flipboard-All-Full&utm_cid=Mash-BD-Synd-Flipboard-All-Full#iSF_PL.Edmq3

Guys... Guys, listen to this! What if we removed all the ports from the phone! Nothing to plug in anymore. Just wireless charging and Bluetooth for accessories!

Thank you Apple, please send you check my way!

Their products are worse than proprietary. They are closed as shit.
Just take phones or dedicated DAPs for example. Almost every one of them is literally just drag and drop to transfer files, but with Appleshit, you are forced to install dedicated software to do basoc shit.
Proprietary is bad, yet sometimes necessary, but proprietary that also doesn't conform to standards is complete garbage.

>Buy apples DAP
>You're forced to use their software, buy music from it, and use their audio codec even though iPhones can play other audio formats
That's bad proprietary, it doesn't protect the user, or improve the experience like good proprietary hardware/software

Apple is a mess

>Imagine unironically owning an Apple product

/thread
iphone is dumb

Unfortunately I do, it's just too hard to sell right now so I keep it to dump it to a connectionist for gibs in a few years.

>this whole thread
S E E T H I N G
Lagdroid users sure do love to make threads about iphone. It's almost as if they're jealous of what they can't have.

If you want to save passwords at all it makes you set a pin

Apple was thinking
>we want a way to access our devices for diagnostic purposes without having to rely on the user to unlock their device, because they may not be able to, therefore we need the ability to access the device no matter what state it is in
Thus we get the exploits.

you don't need to access your phone as a USB device in order to perform diagnostics, if you're implying exploits are merely repurposed support tools

You forgot Android's built-in analytics that connect everything that goes on around you to your Google account

this

>your Google account
my what?

baka

You do when you're in the Apple ecosystem, because your standard Apple store worker can't open the fucking phone.
How will you do diagnostics on the device then? The only port is the Lightning connector.

That's probably how it works now, but Apple is more than capable of diagnosing hardware on iPhones without accessing the running OS, the phone equivalent of "booting from knoppix". That they don't is a complete travesty desu and I'm pissed at Apple if "diagnosing" my phone requires mounting it as a mass storage device.

>but Apple is more than capable of diagnosing hardware on iPhones without accessing the running OS, the phone equivalent of "booting from knoppix".
That's through the Lightning port.

Macs can boot over WiFi. I'd be surprised if iOS couldn't do that.

Keep telling yourself that mactoddler.