Why is macOS the only good operating system right now?

Why is macOS the only good operating system right now?

Attached: 1522199219343.png (2048x1536, 675K)

it isn't, it's a marketing tool used to sell people expensive phones

its not

Because it's optimized for a small set of hardware and doesn't rely on terrible ideas like a registry

It's not the best but it works well for some and is well optimized for a certain set of proprietary hardware

macOS runs on phones?
It's pretty good but gay men support is still shit-tier and that will never change.

this.
and you missed that it was reworked in 2001 and doesnt rely on 80s unoptimized for anything code

This thread again??

Yeah, its pretty great from what I've used of it, but its gimped by horrible and overpriced hardware.

it WAS a good os. and it actually had really decent hardware as well, but things went downhill after 2012.

now it's ok for office stuff but the hardware is insufferable.

because after 20+ years the year of the linux desktop is never coming and windows is a dead platform

Stable UNIX environment
Syncs with all of my devices
Can run hackintosh on workstation for maximum horse power (free)
Secure & doesn't have viruses
Not Windows (doesn't invade your privacy)

Attached: Desktop1.png (2880x1800, 3.37M)

But it's not.

Attached: screenshot17.png (1280x1024, 447K)

Now run mpv from the terminal.

ok

fucked up the screenshot

Attached: screenshot19.png (1280x1024, 748K)

Good luck job hunting, OP.
Having to do paid shilling for the botnet must sicken a person.

Tbh I'm using macos for the first time because my new job is mac only and I'm unironically liking it so far. The peripherals are cheep plastic, the mouse is dumb, and there's no numpad on my keyboard. Why is fn where control should be and why does control do absolutely nothing? Apple hardware is a joke except for their screens.

It doesn't come preinstalled with adware.

Aren't you the guy, who was asking how to run mpv from the terminal in the other thread?

Where's Jow Forums X?

It really isn't, the only reason it doesn't get shit on more on Jow Forums is because both linuxfags and winfags think attacking each other is a bigger priority. Which I guess kind of makes sense, nobody takes macos seriously enough for shitposters to shitpost about.

It isn't. That would be like saying Chrome OS is the most useful and best operating system.

No? I only got up a short while ago.

Why is macos the only operating system that can be hacked with 4 keypresses and 2 clicks right now?

Attached: 1501567610917.webm (990x720, 2.45M)

Right here.

Attached: screenshot30.png (1280x1024, 553K)

Sadly that never seems to work on QupZilla with my Haiku machine..

Nice, how is overall hardware compatability/performance?
I'm much more interested in it now.

Runs fine on a Pentium 2 machine, assuming you have the memory, scales gracefully up to this Core 2 Duo box.
Wifi support is iffy - it works on my laptop, but not on one of the developers', there's no 3D acceleration, but it's pretty good otherwise.
Apparently trying it on machines newer than Haswell probably won't work, though.

If I could afford iMac pro

Mactoddlers will defend this.

Attached: Stalker Sunday.jpg (453x604, 65K)

Because

1. Microsoft accepted their costumers are the corporate drones and gaymer manchildren
2. Linux has a lot of infighting and no artistic/human skills, and when they try something new and original (e.g. GNOME3), there will be lots of resistance from people who just want it to stay that way (Win95/98 copy)

Report as per standard protocol.

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)

>1280x1024
You'd best be CRT comfy, faggot.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

I have a 1280x1024 CRT but it's really dark and I'm not game to work on a CRT lest I get bug-zapped, so that's one of those cheap circa 2005 LCDs.

I'm down to my last CRT. It's a 1280x1024 eMachines. I also have an eMachines 1024x768 flat LCD monitor. I use these for my old shitboxes. I use to have a Dell LCD monitor like yours but the power supply is bad, so the screen just flickers on and off while staying black.

All the newer monitors are shit. They're all cheap plastic with fucked display colors that cause horrendous eye strain. I'm probably going to look at eBay this weekend to find more 4:3 and 5:3 displays like I used to have. They're like $15 a piece or less

I got 4 identical HP L1706 screens for free, got 3 of them in use: One on my Pentium II DOS machine, one on the Haiku box (so, this one) and one on the plan9 box. Good stuff, definitely better for reading lots of text on.

UNIX
Best applications

How will mactoddlers ever recover?

wasn't this fixed like 2 times already?

>gay men support is still shit-tier
Wrong again.

Attached: handy_records.png (492x64, 11K)

>1 step forward
>2 steps back
#JustMacshitThings

Attached: 1522080235371.png (895x920, 1.11M)