Why don't you have a hackintosh Jow Forums ?

why don't you have a hackintosh Jow Forums ?

Attached: screenshot0.png (1920x1080, 52K)

because I'm not a massive faggot like you OP?

Attached: thinking.png (899x900, 44K)

i have a laptop that came with OS X preinstalled, dont feel like ruining my desktop with it

My wi-fi card is incompatible, unfortunately. Would have to buy a supported one.

Because I’m the only prick on planet earth with an ASRock motherboard

Because Linux exists.

Explain to me why should I have one, meme boy. The install process is too painful for me to give a shit.

Because it's a lot of work and I have money.

It's not really a lot of work. Generally, Clover is able to boot pretty much any system with its default settings nowadays.
Then, after you install, you possibly need to install a kext for your Network adapte, lilu with WhateverGreen / NvidiaGraphicsFixup to make your graphics card work flawlessly and AppleALC to get sound.

It used to be quite tedious when getting sound was difficult, getting the graphics card to actually work, finding a config that booted, without aborting with cryptic error messages (or none, which was worse) and the number of supported Network Adapters was small.
Nowadays, all the hard work has been done by some hardworking no-lifers who dedicate all their time to researching MacOS and how to make it work as flawlessly as possible on any hardware.

Nice, but what if I want a laptop and want to connect to an external monitor?

Because there's certain software that with my shitty PC wouldn't even bother running well on that (I actually tried on high sierra). Not a bad OS but I ain't willing to dual boot for shit.

Doesn't it only run on a limited selection of hardware

I want to believe you.
I also don't want to start the installation process and be completely blindsided.

There's some site that has a lot of information on what to do. I read it every now and then to try to get motivated, but never pull the trigger because it sounds like a giant PITA, I'm not 23 anymore, and my 2012 Macbook Pro works just fine.

Laptops usually don't work well, yeah.
I'd just try it out. In my opinion, trying out new operating systems is exciting. MacOS feels like an interesting mix between Windows, Linux and all the other UNIX-Likes and also something unique.
Though the experience has gotten much closer to the other operating systems in the last years since many recent applications were written in cross-platform toolkits like Qt, and those applications tend to feel pretty different from native Cocoa applications.

Yes, but compatible hardware is easy and cheap to acquire.
I have a old ThinkCentre i5 office machine with a decent low profile Quadro GPU that runs it just fine without any other mods than the bootloader.

They do work well if you treat them correctly.

Model: Dell XPS 13 9360
CPU: Intel Core i7-7500U
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620
RAM: 16GB LPDDR3
SSD: ADATA SU800 256GB M.2 SATA
Wireless: Dell DW1830 + BT4.1
Thunderbolt 3, QHD+ Screen 3200x1800

Attached: 6pc2ATP.jpg (5472x3648, 603K)

Good stuff.
How do normies react when they see this thing? Do they start stuttering, sweating and getting angry?

Their reaction is more of a curiosity and asking how did I achieve this. Some of them jump around and skree from the amount of salt

lol OSshit doesn't even support wifi.

Why would I want to use an OS that has all the drawbacks of linux and macos combined but none of the advantages?

Attached: cirno.jpg (678x845, 53K)

It does. Mostly broadcom chips tho, but it works

If you use hackintosh you are like those guys that get fucked in the ass and say that its not gay if the balls don't touch. At least use the fucking apple computer and be gay, its less embarrassing desu senpai

I don't want to to use clover because I've read that doing a more vanilla installation allows for better update compatibility. I'm not interested in reinstalling the OS twice a year. I also read that dual booting is a pain in the ass, even if i have a dedicated drive for it. Either way i just see too much headache for too little gain.

wow, certainly looks nice user!

Because I'm busy compiling my kernel

Macos looks fucking terrible on a 16:9 screen, holy fuck
Get that working on a Huawei and I'll be impressed

>Get that working on a Huawei and I'll be impressed
Oddly enough, impressing you is low on the priorities stack.

What the fuck is the point of cuckos?
I literally own a macbook air and I use it as little as possible.
It's an inferior experience to even the shittiest of Linux distros

> What the fuck is the point of cuckos?
muh professional software

Literal trash
Find me a "professional" backup solution as good as rsync and a cron job. A "professional" encryption solution as good as dmcrypt and luks.
Etc etc

muh multmedia production software
> impying this doesn't already exist on Windows.

Kdenlive, audacious and obs/ffmpeg are more than enough

I'm waiting for the Pascal series to function properly before switching to it on my desktop. I'm running Windows 8.1 but I'd like a Unix based OS that doesn't fucking break itself nonstop.

Tried it once, it was janky as hell and didn't work with half the hardware in my machine. It also didn't allow me to update the OS.

FFmpeg needs another GUI (besides Handbrake), and would be a perfect tool in Linux Distros

> b-but muh terminal

I have one, but I barely use it. Lack of good, working, free, R/W EXT4/NTFS drivers and horrible OpenGL support turned me away from it.

It was essentially a prettier GNU/Linux but non-free and those 2 deal-breaking problems.

Attached: 1401277534-4.jpg (500x332, 38K)

How could OP earn rupees for starting a thread about Hackintosh?

This so hard. God I laughed. Thanks user

Because macOS sucks.
>oh if you'd use it you'd like it
I use it more than you. It sucks.

Used to but I always found myself going back to wangblows because of muh games. I do prefer macOS though.

Nieźle, szkoda że xps jest u nas taki drogi

i have no use for mac os

doesnt work on z68 extreme3 gen3

Doesn't work out of the box on my z68 gen3 extreme3. Not without an assortment of weird mods to the bios and the use of old outdated things like chamelion.

As for sound.. that's a chore and a half. Most integrated audio devices do not have real support for macos and you have to do some hacky tedious ass shit to get it to work, the same is for most hdmi or DP audio.

As for graphics cards.. I can't think of any other os where I have to literally spoof my device ID to get it to fucking work.

As for nvidia, apple doesn't give a shit about it.
I can't even get proper opencl performance with my 1070 in sierra, my options are... to use a more recent amd card, which only works with crappy high sierra.. no thanks.

You pray you can find a framebuffer personality that allows it, but good luck.

I hackintoshed a h61 joshua uatx board, I was forced to use a usb sound device and a shoddy linux port driver for ethernet, which would crash over dhcp refreshes.

I hackintoshed a dq67sw mobo, refused to work with yosemite, el capitan or HS.
And of course, there was no sound and no usb 3.0, and of course the obscure nigger guides on the internet are no help.

And so now what. I go _BUY_ specific hardware for hackintoshing? even when not having authentic apple nvram severely gimps the experience? No fucking thanks.

If I want something broken then i have linux and bsd for that.

Power management and touch pad probably suck ass.

>at the same cost of an authentic apple machine but with a gimped gpu and non retina display
nice

Most of us don't want to flash our bios with some custom version of it uploaded by some random foreigner 10 years ago who hasn't been seen in ages just to get the OS working.

As for laptops, same issue as linux. heard of optimus? Why would I gimp my $1300 laptop with this OS so I could only use the igpu?
Why would pay a shitty company like broadcom an extra 70 dollars just to get a wifi card obscure enough to work?

Because the operating system itself is already shit when it's run on supported hardware, so why would I want to run it on unsupported hardware?

There is bigger pixel density than on a real MacBook. We made our tests.

Power management works great - sleep/wake/c-states, everything is cool. This is a precision touchpad so I can use VoodooI2C that for now let's me use basic gestures like 3F swipes between screens. However the Devs are working on Magic Trackpad emulation for full gestures

because windows does everything a mac can do these days and it's supported by my hardware officially.

Damn things are impossible to install on both real and virtual boxes.

2600K Hackintosh mustard race, also the Hackintosh Discord is filled with highly autistic but generally helpful people, someone is always willing to share a config and having a repo of kexts is pretty useful.

Hackintosh is still pretty allergic to AMD.

Because I use Ryzen and don't feel like installing custom kernels. And I've already rebuilt my workflow on Windows, so idgaf.

Is it really that much more expensive for you lads than over in america?

It was like 1600$ for a refurb version in October. still a good deal because I would have had to pay more for the shittiest specced MacBook Pro 13" (8GB 128GB SSD - about 1800$)
1600$ is like two minimal monthly salaries for a pleb.

Is Hackingtosh a botnet like Mac OSX?

works great with HP

Attached: Captura de Tela 2018-07-12 às 10.27.40.png (698x458, 94K)

Hackintosh is literally a PC that runs macOS. So it belongs to Apple botnet.

I've got a T530 with optimus novidya card that lelnix can barely work with, and a vaio pro 11 that for some reason can't even boot any other os
Was thinking of buying an X220 just to fuck around but seems I'm just getting a crippled compromise that WSL easily beats