What do ya'll think about the Surface Laptop?

What do ya'll think about the Surface Laptop?

Attached: surface_laptop_group-100720813-orig.jpg (1620x1080, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xAI6yIZI3rg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Two words:
Overpriced
Trash.

It's popular so Jow Forums hates it

If it weren't designed by an idiot they'd be quite nice.
Used a Pro 3 for a bit at work. You need this enormous $120 docking brick to have any useful number of ports, the things fan was CONSTANTLY at full blast to keep itself cool doing nothing, and the screen is in that obnoxious border of "This isn't so small as to not need a bag to tote around, but it's not big enough to be able to see anything without wasting the resolution"

3/10 there was an attempt
The screen admittedly is QUITE pretty though. Just the wrong ratios.

Attached: mxp.jpg (800x451, 178K)

The suede covering is aids.

fucking garbage, pajeet

id get it if the alcantara wasn't there

i have the gs8 alcantara case and while kinda nice it just picks up dirts and oils and then eventually smells. as it's a case i just wash and dry but youd have to nicely wipe down often

The keyboard attachments are absolute shit.

>surface laptop is surface pro now

Fuck that shit belongs in the trash

this
but even worst it runs windows10

Attached: pajeet.jpg (1853x1000, 325K)

I don't hate it because its popular, the surface book/pro is popular, and are solid but pricey, and I would prefer it a million times over this, you literally have to fucking cut the cloth off to repair it

id get the surface book 2 if it wasn't so fucking god damn expensive in australia

Attached: dollarydoos.jpg (784x930, 80K)

I'd like a Surface Studio if it didn't cost the same as 2 computers with the same specs =D

/thread

No real reason for it to exist.
Also, laptops shouldn't have touch screens if they're not 2-in-1s. (But that doesn't matter, because 2-in-1s are garbage anyway.) Fight me.

>MS isn't allowed to make a laptop

MS shouldn't be allowed to make anything.

Nobody buys them.

Attached: image.jpg (1536x1899, 1.75M)

>hasn't been an update to them
>surface line includes 2 other devices
>quarterly earnings
>still 800million in 3 months

overpriced and underpowered. it's like the MacBook has a gay autistic cousin

Windows is not at all optimized for touch interactivity and the fact that they still insist on slapping touch screens on absolutely everything only further proves that while they're great with designing products that are pleasing to the eye, Microsoft has no clear design philosophy at all.
There is no reason for the Surface Laptop to exist.

Once you start taking notes in onenote with a pen it'll all make sense tbqh.
Touch is a fad, in the laptop world, but stylus use absolutely isn't.

There's a keyboard right there. Considering you're on a laptop, wouldn't it just be easier to start typing instead of having to pick the whole fucking thing up and flip it around?

niceme.me

Attached: 1531240175322.jpg (640x427, 129K)

I own a SB2, a SL, and a SP4. I also have a MBP 2017 15" and a gaming desktop. I use a LOT of different computers for work.

Surface Laptop is absolutely the "sexiest" looking of the bunch. The metal finish is exquisite. The magnetic latch is perfect. The cobalt blue is eye catching but professional. The alcantara holds up perfectly fine after 100s of hours of use.

But performance is bad. I have the i5/256/8 (only model that comes in a color, I think). It's just an absolute dog in anything other than Office. Even large Excel docs slow it to a crawl.

>by Mehedi Hassan

Would buy if it didn't have fabric and came with enterprise

Way too expensive for what you get.

Attached: rms-xxx.jpg (480x451, 37K)

LIVE ETERNAL (in some dumpster) GLASS AND GLUE!

Literally disposable:
youtube.com/watch?v=xAI6yIZI3rg

I use one and I love it. Just keep your hands clean.
Broke asses will be broke asses when it comes to quality.

What kind of loser spent time making a collage of baby's first bait thread?

I (probably) have more money than you but everytime I even contemplate buying one of these, I get this physical sensation of stomach churn at the price. It just cost too damn much. And for what? A slightly nicer laptop than I can get for less than half the price. And it's basically disposable on top of all that. No fucking way.

Let me guess, you prefer 16:9 aspect ratio so you can watch movies.

3:2 is perfect for programming.

right now only the surface pro - maybe surface studio - is a viable option if the device fits your requirements

Rather have a T420.

Fanless
Shit

Yea let me just type up organic structures and integrals on my keyboard

The chink copy is better

Have a surface book
Pros:
>Good, sharp screen (great for watching kino / drawing)
>Battery lasts for 8-10 hours
>Windows 10, at least using Microshit apps like OneNote / Word, looks pretty aesthetic

Cons:
>Pen is kinda shitty for anything else than writing (can't draw straight lines slowly as there's jitter)
>Retarded design means if you want to draw you have to take the screen off then fold it around, then plug it in, EVERY TIME
>Screen has zero battery life
>It's gonna be a paperweight in 5 years because it's hard as fuck to repair

I'd get it if it was half the price and run Fedora with touchscreen.

Its like a foam cup, its got no value to it once it leaves the box, ugly as fuck with no design worse of all its throw away.

its just one huge fuck up IMHO.

its just fucking ridiculous, it doesnt apeal to anyone and doesnt stand out at all.

I mean fuck, just look at it... i dont know what people think when they buy them, its like a pile of mediocre trash.

Even worse, i dont know what macroshit was thinking when the shat out this... THIS FUCKING THING.

WHAT THE FUCK BRO, SRSLY.

who is this marketed torwards? care to shine some light on this matter?

Attached: dogo feels let down edition.png (1125x1884, 1.61M)

Why are you getting so mad about it? Sure, the surface laptop doesn't make much sense in a world where dell xps line exists but how about the other surface devices? The pro/book/go/studio devices are amazing for artists that want an all in one package at the price of a good drawing tablet. Not only that, but the surface book led to Microsoft allocating R&D to hotswappable pci devices. I know that Microsoft isn't the best of tech companies but they are doing their thing and their devices are great IMHO.

It pisses me off because (((they))) are paving the way for this kind of buy-and-i-use-it-then-throw-it-away bullshit tech, and it might become a trend just like crapple's iShit.

Thanks to crapplel every fucking flagshit phone now comes with a shitty non-removeable battery, or is (((non-user serviceable))), which BTW makes me not want to buy that shit if i cant fucking fix it for what ever reason.

It urks me so much throwing away my hard earned shekles on something that wont last and cant be repaird.

All that work and effort down the drain.

For example:

>Buy gaymen laptop with xFire GPUs, one dies, take apart laptop (30-45mins for a novice), fix/replace or dispose of dead GPU, repaste and put it back togeather, shit works again.

>Buy espensiv Reizor gaymen labtob :-DDDD >GPU/RAM/Soldered SSD dieded
>oh fug cant fix it BETTER SPEND $2,000 on another one!
>Same shit habbenigs to new disposable crap

Not too sure what kind quality/experience you get by using one of those to draw or create contenent but something tells me the its prob is shit given that the day microshit develops something that doesnt suck odds are it will be a vacuum cleaner.

The only thing that did suprise me was the fact that microshit was able to pull off that neat little hotswappable pci thingamajig... props to them i guess but THEY ARE FUCKING LATE TO THE PARTY.

Thunderbolt eGPUs exist so that kind of makes that shit obsolete... maybe if they released it a few years before it might have been a thing, i mean PHUCK but eGPUs could be used way before thunderbolt via expresscard.

So fuck it.

Attached: nerd-rage.jpg (1200x627, 104K)

>Not too sure what kind quality/experience you get by using one of those to draw or create contenent but something tells me the its prob is
You are correct. Slow straight lines come out squiggly. This thing is a farce for the price. It should be $799 at most. $649 on sale

It's not popular.

Trash that winfags and Jow Forums will defend. Along with all Microsoft products.

Seconded

Aren't the surface book and surface laptop two different products?

>naming everything "Surface"
>naming anything with a word that already means something

>Mac
>Macintosh
>already a type of apple
hmm

Yes. One is at least a decent product, the other is utter trash

like macbooks but somehow shittier

Attached: PEPEWHIP.gif (359x371, 407K)

i wonder how much it costs to produce one of them surface poos

Attached: cato deep in tought.jpg (640x853, 63K)

serious question, how can people work on those glossy screens? for me they are absolutely unusable

It has a fan idiot