$0.30 of ink? That'll be $60

>$0.30 of ink? That'll be $60.

Attached: 468065-canon-pixma-tr8520-wireless-home-office-all-in-one-printer.jpg (810x456, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

popsci.com/gear-gadgets/article/2008-02/grouse-inkjet-refill-racket
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A thread died for this

Attached: 099.jpg (364x573, 32K)

Get a job.

inkjet is a racket
popsci.com/gear-gadgets/article/2008-02/grouse-inkjet-refill-racket
highlight from the article: costs more by weight than gold
those $20 inkjet printers on black friday are just like that crack sample from the neighborhood dealer. he just invested himself a new cash cow

at least now you can have third party ink refills, although printouts won't look as good

>too stupid to do some research
>buys cheapest printer

Ink is so expensive on cheap printers because it's a loss leader

Spend a bit of money and it's cheaper and comes with more. Epson gives "2 years" worth of ink included on their continuous tank ones. Rated at 150 pages a month for the 2 years figure.

and then ink is just bottles and last i checked like $16 and that's dollary doos

Unironically the printer company need crucifixions to serve as a warning.

Attached: vKlKfey.jpg (518x583, 38K)

and gas costs more than water

what a racket!

I don't understand why we can't just burn an image onto paper with uv light / lasers. It would be a black & white printer that works forever without cartridges

Who the hell buys inkjet printers?

Because the printer would cost $5800 and you would have to use specially treated paper

>works forever
until the dozens of sensors fail or the laser module dies and the quality would be absolutely shit for text or not dark enough

A wallet died for this

Attached: 41jWrdoPw3L._SX355_.jpg (355x337, 20K)

Every dumbass out there.
They should be buying black and white laser printers but they'll dismiss it thinking they'll need color.

need better bait than that

Attached: 1529384255996.gif (482x271, 1.31M)

Toner carts are still overpriced for what they are, just less so than ink carts. The printing meme needs to die.

IS THERE A BIGGER PROFIT MARGIN SCAM

OTHER THAN MAYBE INTERNET SERVICE

Attached: 1531222028403.png (567x418, 44K)

Why is that allowed

In US maybe, im paying 25Mb/s for $14 in Mexico.

E-ink is still too expensive and too low-contrast

Problem solved.

Attached: brother-dcp-t300-multifuncion-ecotank-original-D_NQ_NP_316511-MPE20600247090_022016-F.jpg (1200x653, 117K)

*blocks ur path*

Attached: 71PUCRmxMAL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1184, 156K)

Attached: ecotank_06.jpg (683x444, 26K)

>$0.30 of ink? That'll be $60.
Well, $60 is > $0.30... so, what's the problem?

This is why the bitching about cost of internet service should set off alarm bells when talking about net neutrality.

Attached: 1413137102441.jpg (183x232, 14K)

>they never have to maintain the service
>no expansion needed

do you dumb cunts not realise how business works

then they're gonna spend billions rolling out 5g over x years

NN has nothing to do with price, if anything it makes it more expensive as they can't offer free data for x service etc

I get around 80Mb/s for about $60 in the US

>PA unironically has decent internet infrastructure

Attached: 7463831707.png (350x200, 21K)

Printers are a scam, I literally print my shit at a "graphic" (I dunno how do you muricans call it) for the equivalent of $0.05 a page (color) and even less for grayscale.

Going out just to print some shit sounds like a chore desu

>Going out just to print some shit sounds like a chore desu
It is. That's why you have a secretary.

Get a job

>NN has nothing to do with price, if anything it makes it more expensive as they can't offer free data for x service etc
>if anything it makes it more expensive as they can't offer free data for x service etc
>they can't offer free data
>free data
>theres always one per thread
First, you need reading comprehension, this is landline cable. Doubly so, cause you need to look at profits and costs v profits, which plainly show you are fucking wrong.

But moreso, data has nothing to do with internet service, its bandwith. Do you expect to be charged by how how many centimeters you travel for gas, or how much fucking gas you get?
Net neutrality is basically ISPs, not network providers but endpoint providers, wanting to double dip, after jewing out so hard with consumer.

Dont believe the electric jew

Attached: electric jew.jpg (256x257, 5K)

0/10

Hope your rent money to bernie was worth it

Your job charges you to print? What kind of KFC gives their fry cooks secretaries?

I'll have to go to work anyway, so I can just park my car on the way and print my shit.

I get around 100Mb/s for about $15.
t. eastern europe
how can 'Murica even compete?

Corporate handles the cost. i'm sure it's a write off.

they're big companies jerry, they just write it off!

>Using ink
Just get a $200 brother laser printer. The sample toner they give you lasts like 1000 pages and it costs $20 to refill and will last a decade

Or stop using paper cuz it's fucking 2018

I pay $100 for 1000mb/s in states

>ignores feeder and drum expenses in long term

Don't tell me you fell for the laser printer is cheaper meme?

I pay 70 for 100 in mexico, why should I subsidize you poor fags.

Bottled water, in the US at least, is the most over bought thing there is. In the US there are many regulations requiring a high standard of quality of the tap water, and government agencies have many employees to inspect the quality of the tap water, regulation on bottled water is basically non-exist, and that's not to say that bottled water is bad because it's unregulated, 99.999% of the time it's at least as good as tap water, but people believe that by buying bottled water they're getting something "better" than tap water when that isn't really the case and they drink it at home even when they have access to much cheaper tap water. In fact 30% of bottled water in the US is literally just tap water being put into a bottle and you pay 1000% more for that same tap water than if you got it out of the tap.

Yet despite that our tap water is some of the safest drinking water in the world because we pay taxes to make sure it is that way, we are ashamed of it, we'd rather disguise it as a water from the Coke or Pepsi companies sold for the same amount as Coke or Pepsi but just the water without the shit they add to actually make it Coke or Pepsi.

I BUY BOTTLED WATER BUT THE GOOD SHIT IMPORTED ALL THE WAY FROM A VOLCANIC ISLAND IN THE PACIFIC CUS IT TASTES FUCKIN AMAZING

CARBON FOOTPRINT LIKE YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THOUGH, EACH SIP IS LIKE CLUBBING A BABBY SEAL TO DEATH

IF THE WORLD IS GOING TO HELL I'M GETTING MY PIECE, THE ZOOMERS CAN LIVE ON ONIONS CUBES AND RECYCLED PISSWATER LMAO FUCKUM

Attached: index.jfif.jpg (246x205, 11K)

woah hivemind B^)

*adjusts for cost of living*

difference being

epsion eco tank

12$ a bottle
black - 4000 pages
color - 6500 pages

canon 29$ color

using their 'big' ink cartridges, you get roughly 100 prints, for 54$ a black and color combo, and has 12 grams of ink.

epsion has 3.7 ounces

if you need a printer, go laser, its far cheaper overall
If you print often, consider an eco tank, the main problem with them is if you don't use them, they may dry up fucking the printer, something you don't run into if you use it often
If you want color and don't print often, color laser, possibly second hand office color laser and refurbish it.

in terms of cost

laser > color laser > ecotank >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cartridge ink

what sucks the most if chipped cartridge ink where they have a sent number of prints.
Personally if you use the printer often, get an ecotank,

Why does Jow Forums loves to complain so much about costs?

Attached: 1518929421839.png (244x203, 25K)

business can't make any money according to Jow Forums

everything cost price or below

Thing is, most of the family needs to print something off once every few months, ink printers tend to fail if you do that to them, but laster gives 0 fucks.
laser with color also tends to last longer.

Personally if im printing something is for personal use/reference, so I will pay the cost of a laser printer and be done with it, if im printing in bulk, what eco tanks are made for, i'm honestly more likely to order through a print shop instead.

This

>laser > color laser > ecotank >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cartridge ink
Some cartridge inks are not priced so badly.
My brother inkjet printer has same price for all 4 cartridges, and it can do 1500 pages, just like laser printer with similar-priced cartridge.

lasers powerful enough to cut metal cost around 300$ one for paper would likely cost 50 or so dollars, the problem with that comes in the form of you would need settings per paper type to do it correctly, and also, you have the issue of the paper becoming brittle

that said, you could probably make it a sepia tone printer

But we already have thermal paper and thermal printers, that's what receipts are made on/from

it still runs into the issue of if you don't use it often it breaks, I take that into account of cost

While it may be similar in price, laser is the least work, if you are willing to put in the work, ecotank is ultimately far cheaper, granted I have no idea how long the printhead works on eco tanks or cost/if its repairable at all

took 3 printers and around 700$ in printers and inks for me to convince my parents that their 300 printed sheets of paper did not need color, and laser would be better for them.

It does dry out, but not as bad as HP.
But yeah, refillable ones are better.

lasers are fairly cheap actually, and if you had a socketable laser module, replacement could be cheap enough to be viable.
then you would need a mirror and some lenses for focusing the laser, which honestly the entire stack could be fixed position and moved on a sled and moved line by line,possibly an end mirror that changes position rapidly with magnets, I know there is a 3d printer that does this with an audio port and it does a fairly good job. the whole module could also be a plug and play and user serviceable, making it cheap.

the main issues are the paper would become brittle, and you would need settings per paper type/brand you put in.

Had one of those at work, worse than a regular cartridge printer
>"user I need you to see what's wrong with my printer I CANNOT WORK YOU ARE COSTING ME MONEY"
>I get to his office and ask what's wrong
>"yeah someone filled up the black ink tank with blue ink , I don't know who did this, AND I CAN'T DO WORK"
>siphon out blue ink, go to inventory and ask for a refill bottle
>"is this for (douchebag)? He came in for a blue one yesterday"

>someone fucks up so the printer is shit

in most printers you can mix up color cartridges too

net neutrality is simple

1gb of data from netflix should be treated the exact same as 1gb of data from isp owned services

they try to charge you more for using competitors services.

and investment
Go fuck yourself.

They would be laying fiber optic lines, you know, the same lines that are capable of multiple terabytes of data per line, and only need to be upgrades at the two ends, you know, the be all end all of data infrastructure, the shit that they estimated cost 26billion dollars in the 90's would cost around 200billion dollars today, and they have collected taxes in the form of 400billion dollars and have refused to do.

yea, they will set up 5g, it will perform like 4g, and they will just have more people on single towers, effectively making it cost less for them to have the same shit service for everyone else.

> 400billion dollars and have refused to do
they spent it on fibre to cell towers

>estimated cost 26billion dollars in the 90's
>lower population
>less need for high speed internet
Yeah you know before cell phones were streaming HD video, you know anywhere people go, you know mobile

5G is estimated at 200billion for US rollout

Also NN doesn't allow for thigns like x video service being unmetered or free spotify data

>competition is bad

for america, most places bottled water is not necessary, however, on the go, you aren't able to fill at a tap, or the water is no longer cold, so you go in a store and buy a cold water form them, they have charged stupid prices for this for a long time, nothing really new, now it's just a company bottled the water rather than a fountain drink cup filled with water for the same price.

>not using bottle inkjet printers
Shame on you Jow Forums and you call yourself savy?
>but the inks are expensive
Get acrylic paint, rubbing alcohol, and brake fluid and mix them together and pour back into your tanks.
Your welcome

Attached: B05C5C2E-BA1D-4D4E-9901-82EFEA1111BB.jpg (620x726, 64K)

in the 90's they literally said 26 billion dollars to get billy bobs outhouse connected, they were planning for everyone in america back then, they were planning country wide, if you just want to connect cities, where the majority of the 50 million more people from the 90's to 10's are it costs significantly less

and using it to power cell towers, fuck no, cell towers are limited by the hardware to route data and calls, not by their bandwidth.

and good, I DON'T WANT UNMETERED USE
I dont want comcast saying I can only be on comcast controlled internet and infrastructure otherwise I take the dick I want to pay for what I fucking use

what have we here, on average I would be paying 90%+ less for my data if it was actually charged for in an open market way and not a few national corporations control where they refuse to let any newcomer (google) install infrastructure? WOW call me fucking shocked, I had no idea I was taking in the ass that hard.

I fail to see why this is a issue with the printer?

How well do their printers play with linux? Every HP printer I've hooked up to works out of the box with linux (scanner at the very least, don't usually print stuff)

Is a color laser printer even worth it? Especially considering how expensive the toner can cost.

Attached: meatwad.jpg (236x177, 13K)

>at least now you can have third party ink refills
>Now
Been doing that since mid 2000's.

Attached: r200-ciss.jpg (570x380, 17K)

And speaking of which. Today my dad needed help printing stuff
>user I can't get this to print
>ok I think it might be the space on the computer (bloated as fuck)
Saved it to external drive
>prints fine confirming problem with computer

>user I need help scanning this
Sure no prob
>scanner doesn't work cause computer is fucked with malware and bloatware
>delete enough bullshit to start scanning
>hp scanning app doesn't fucking make multipage pdfs
>open laptop
>open simple-scan
>works out of box
Linux is based

>and using it to power cell towers, fuck no, cell towers are limited by the hardware to route data and calls, not by their bandwidth.

jesus fuck you're stupid

they have fibre backhaul

4G doesn't do voice in the traditional sense it's all data

Never trust on an Epson printer, they pioneered the chip cartridge technology and they were almost the only one who would not print if the chip was too old, if the chip was fake, or they didn't feel like it, other brands just nagged about using counterfeit ink but still let you print.

CUPS works very well with almost every printer on linux, with Brother at least you need to download their drivers but i think they offer support for all their printers.

Everyone moved to chips for a reason, if not them then someone else would have been first as its so obvious.

at the very least with their eco tanks, they aren't chipping it, and they are using fairly decent ink, at least when compared to what 3rd party refills are.

How to explain this for a retard... god this is going to be a challange
cellphone towers handle calls,
cell phone calls are around 8000bits
8000bits is roughly equal to 1kb, now on the bandwidth I have for myself, on copper lines, I could facilitate around 25,000 people talking at once

however, and here is the bottleneck retard, everyone connecting at once is the bottleneck, not everyone using bandwidth, there is far fucking more bandwidth to go around then ability to handle that many connections.

>cellphone towers handle calls,
>going on about bitrate for calls

jesus fuck get over calls. who's even on 3g still

did you miss the 4G data bit for calls. did you not notice the VOLTE sign on your phone or the HD calling sign

quit living in the past grandpa the fact you think there is infinite bandwidth is retarded

>copper lines
>calls
>2018

Just stop

You actually are sorta right (don't know bout the bit ratefor phone calls). And something else helps
Phones only transmit data from your Mic to the cell tower during a call if there the signal changes fast enough or out of a specific range. Think loud noise or irregular enough frequency

pebkac :^)

animeposter btfo

Does anyone not living with their parents actually own a printer?

If I need to print something, I put it on a USB and print it at work with the photocopier. And I'm pretty sure the only people alive who still print photos are 60 year old boomers.

Ok, 1.5kb so around what, 16000 or 17000
again faggot, THEY ARE NOT BANDWITH STARVED YOU INCREDIBLY DENSE RETARD, THEY HAVE ISSUES ACTUALLY HANDLING EVERYONE WHO USES THE TOWER AT ONCE

a phone call is the worst case scenario for the cell tower as they don't have bandwidth problems, they have problems with being able to connect everyone at the same time. and my copper line is literally another worst case scenario as fuck knows what business tier fiber speed is used for said tower, either way, its an extreme overkill, weather or not they are effectively using said fiber is moot at that point.

I tried finding out what the effective bitrate was for landlines as its for the most part hasn't changed, its an inconsequential small number, and found out cellphones have upped bit rate a bit, not that i'm able to tell the difference as all phone calls sound like garbage but having a number let me just take my 250mbit line and use it as an example.

You download a shell script from their website. When you run it in terminal it asks for your model and then auto-downloads all the .DEBs for it and auto-configures them. If you're setting it up as a network printer it will prompt for an IP at some point.