NAT

Fuck everything about this, both from a developer standpoint and from an end user viewpoint.

Attached: download.png (275x183, 6K)

Nah you just can't put in the effort, which is why you are so low but still put blame onto everything else even though it's your own fault for not being in a position you want to be.

Kek kys fagget. It's an objectively retarded system

and what is your problem with NAT you autist?

I agree, my isp uses carrier grade NAT and it sucks

Mine randomizes external ports or something.

it's a nice way to make IPv4 last a little longer

isn't NAT better for privacy tho? because they can't tell who post what inside the subnet.

Because PAT and MAC addresses don't exist.

How does NAT work when different LAN nodes are connecting to the same external IP? e.g. multiple LAN computers connecting to Facebook

Would NAT even exist if IPv4 had the address space IPv6 has?

no

How does it work and why is it suck?

I like NAT and you can't stop me liking NAT.

MAC addresses don't cross networks, unless it's part of the data packet.

*makes ipv6 useless*

The gateway device manages the instances so the data is forwarded correctly.

IPv4 wouldn't exist if it had the address space IPv6 has.

It was funny in the old days where some dipshit enterprise guy would order 500 IPs for 500 machines, put them all on the front line and get blaster-wormed the fuck out instead of sitting behind a Linux or Unix kernel powered gateway of some description doing NAT with a handful of IPs

>that response
Zero intelligent response went into that post.

really?!!! wow, thanks! that was fucking informative

So I guess the router running NAT just guesses at which host to send packets to. Got it.

I have no clue but it involves a lot of port number switching. Port x on your PC connects to port y on the mat internally. Then port A on the NAT externally connects to port B on some server. The NAT has to keep track of all these ports and connections.

The MAC Address wouldn't be crossing networks though. That's just the router using a lookup table to know what port is associated with what LAN IP/MAC address. There's no need to send the MAC address to faceberg lol

Separate your WAN onto it's own VLAN and add devices you don't want going through additional NAT directly into that VLAN.

You're welcome.

When you open a connection to another computer usually the port your computer opens for return data is random.
The router keeps track of your internal IP and port (port A) and links it to the port it opens (port B) when sending your traffic out to your destination.
Any data it then receives on port B it will forward to your IP on port A, and so on.

Something like this is also possible, along with rewriting the network address.

Attached: DSC_0251.jpg (3264x2448, 1.78M)

but who was 12338???

When you say NAT do you mean masquerade or the larger body of NAT tech?

The router keeps track of that. It just puts into a routing table that, say, anything that comes in on 12338 is destined for 128.3:12337.