If you had, for all intents and purposes, an unlimited budget...

If you had, for all intents and purposes, an unlimited budget, what's the best PC you could build without stacking things like buying multiple graphics cards?
Obviously it would run NVidia for starters.

Attached: nvidia-titan-v-gallery-b.jpg (2560x1627, 559K)

TR 2 once it comes out, Vega 64 because >nvidia drivers on linux, 64GB of b-die RAM, some 4k IPS display and a couple of 1TB 970 Pros.

Aren't there already 2TB SSDs available?

MLC or better there's the 960 Pro, but I want the latest model for added speed I won't even need, and the 970 Pro only comes in 512GB and 1024GB.

you guys think small

Attached: 035DB1CC-1B52-409B-AFDA-B75D1B14BB9A.jpg (1125x2031, 404K)

retard this card is based on GP102. V100 shits on this.

lmao no. At least post the V100.

>Vega 64
No ecosystem

>hur hur let's just post the most expensive thing
This card lacks display outputs, user. It's also made to go in a rack mount case with 100+ dB Delta fans blasting air through its heatsink.
It doesn't go in a PC, it quite specifically goes in a server.

Calm your man tittties down.. I was just saying ya’ll think small. I know the issues with the Tesla gpu

Happy?

Attached: 6E439E3D-4C2E-4C62-B21F-35C52910F1B0.jpg (1125x1997, 307K)

If I could make the best computer possible with an unlimited budget...

I would either go ryzen 12nm or TR12nm, which ever worked better on windows 7

I would have a 1tb nvme samsung boot, and possibly a 8tb raid 0 fuck it drive, with a 8tb hdd backing the array up

a 12tb mass storage drive
a 12tb backing up the mass storage

and external storage backing up the storage off site, possibly a shed underground or something, if it could work on a dead switch that would be perfect
as in let's assume you want to back up every week, the switch would turn power on to the shed, a heater would kick in warming it up if necessary, after a few hours the hardware would kick in and start backing up over the network, and once this is done, it would shut off, and the switch would cut power completely from the outer installation till a week later where it kicks on.

Probably get the highest end samsung tv as a main monitor, a cintiq for dicking around on, 64 or 128gb of ram because fuck it,

but gpu... thats a hard one
1080ti, vega 64, or titan xp (that 3000$ thing)

in professional applications, vega out does nvidia in many cases, some it outdoes it by so much you need dual gpus to compete against a single vega

some pro loads only work in cuda though,

and games, it's undeniable that 1080ti/titan xp would be better.

Honestly, I have so many issues with nvidias gpus, their drivers, and other bullshit I never had with amd, if there was a good way to have multiple gpus in my system, I would likely choose amd as a main gpu and nvidia as a secondary, using it in situations it's better passing through the amd gpu, and using amd gpu in situations it's better along with just using the amd gpu out right for display.

Titan Xp is not $3000; Titan V is

For consumer hardware, something like

Motherboard ($400)
TR2 2990x (32c/64t) ($1500)
1180ti ($1000)
128GB DDR4 RAM ($1600)
2TB NVMe SSD ($1000)
4x 12TB WD Gold HDDs ($2000)
Power ($300)
Cooling ($100)
Case ($200)

total, ~$8,000

>8tb raid 0 fuck it drive, with a 8tb hdd backing the array up
That's not how raid 0 works. Google raid and look at some pictures.
>128GB DDR4 RAM ($1600)
Jesus fuck it's really gotten that high?

the sad thing thou is you would get same frame rate with a 1000$ computer.

lol don't kid yourself.

Test

>Obviously it would run NVidia
Wtf why would you want to suffer from shitty drivers if you have unlimited budget?

Better than no driver

lol no it would games don't use more than 4cores.

>reversing this hard
apparently novideo is the only graphic chip manufacturer that doesn't provide freesync driver

Show me a $1000 build that will beat the performance of a 1080 ti.

well actually a 1500$ computer might perform the same. with a i3 8350k (4core cpu) overclocked and a 1180ti.

Nvidia is the only GPU maker that matters.

if you have extream overclocking you can overclock at 980ti to framerate inbetween a 1080 and 1080ti pare that with a i3 8350k and you could get about the same frame rate as that build with a 1000$pc but yer your probably right you might need 1500$
(im talking super extream overclocking on the 980ti thou like volt modding and flashing and stuff)

sad to be a fag like you

Nice non-argument, AyyMShit shill

i would pay 5k usd for a brandnew t420

Should I go for 2700x+1080 or 2600+1080ti?

Mostly playing overwatch on 1440p and some programming. Maybe consider streaming later.

>nvidia drivers on linux
LOL
Nvidia drivers on Linux btfo the AMD ones.
Titan XP would be my go to card if budget meant nothing.

A ThinkPad T420, unironically.

Implying your faggotry is an valid argument

>PooMD streetshitter calling others faggot

>if you have extream overclocking you can overclock at 980ti to framerate inbetween a 1080 and 1080ti

Attached: images (7).jpg (375x266, 14K)

>implying Streetshitters don't go nuts for bobs and vagine
You played yourself, novidia shill.

>Custom case to my liking
>Top of the line everything
>MiniITX format
>Everything either done by someone or diy
>Costs includes the tools if diy
>Specs are just too boring to mention if the parameters

a 15" dell xps and a goddamn mountain of cocaine.

>xps and mountain of cocaine
that's not a trannyboot x60 and a mountain of chicken tenders

>best
For what?
With a crazy budget you can just make different builds, each with the components they need. A NAS with all the storage you need, a gaming rig with a 1180TI and shit, a dual Epyc workstation, etc. Putting things like 5 of the best HDDs and 128GB ram in your gaming pc would just be retarded.

>tfw built the best PC without stacking things
>tfw had unlimited budget
>ASUS Zenith Extreme
>TR4 1950x @ 4.2ghz, push pull watercooling
>32gb DDR4 Corsair vengenance
>Currently acquiring 4 more Samsung NVMe 250gb drives to have a 6-way bootable RAID0 1.5tb NVMe stack
>5-way RAID-5 2tb stack
>Waitfagging for the 1180ti my R9 290x 4gb is handling things fine at 1080p, will go to 4k when the new card drops
>Will probably run two 1180's, because fuck you, I can
>Already started fabbing up a parallel 2nd loop for both cards, fans and radiators are mounted
>Will step up to 2990x when it drops
>mfw stuffed it all into a beige 90's tower

I already have my "dream" PC, or at least close to it.
>Ryzen 1600X
>16GB RAM
>Vega 64
>1440p/144Hz/IPS/Freesync
>lots of SSDs and HDDs
I guess if i had more money I could buy faster RAM (Mine's 2666MHz) and another Vega. Maybe upgrade the CPU but honestly 6 cores is enough for what I do right now. Threadripper might be useful for more storage I guess, so I could go full hoarder mode.

>If you had, for all intents and purposes, an unlimited budget

A ticket off this planet.

RAID0ing multiple cards only boosts sequential stuff right? For the thing that actually matters for home use, QD1 random read/writes you'd want something like 900p optane no?
Unlimited budget and only 32GB RAM? Why not 128GB, then create a 100GB ram drive and then run everything off there, would that work?
Also, waiting on something with unlimited budget, topkek. A big shiny 4K OLED TV + the only card that can run those resolutions, 3000$ Titan Volta, SLI is dead and buried.

id put a 1080 in my old build and maybe add another 8gb of ram

Shut the fuck up you double nigger.

Does anyone have advice as to what WiFi adapted to get for my gaming pc? I know it’s a stupid question but I am at my girls parents house and the room I’m in I can’t get a proper landline so I am just going to WiFi it to the modem. I see all kinds of USB adapters but they range anywhere from $5 to $80. are the high priced ones any better or is it just for chumps?

RAID 0 boosts both sequential and random read/write, but access latency is still the same, that's where a 900p would shine

Assuming nothing custom:
>TR 2990x
>ASRock Fatal1ty X399 refresh board, hopefully with 16 60a phases
>Titan V (maybe 2x if running VFIO setup)
>custom closed liquid loop, 2x 280 rads
>140mm Sterrox whenever they come out on both
>top-end ATX PSU, AX1600i or SuperNOVA T2, internal fan replaced with Sterrox
>2990x overclocked to 4-4.35GHz all core, or left to boost, depending on how OC'ing affects it
>Titan V overclocked to 2GHz+
>ASRock 4x RAID0 NVME card for boot, loaded with 4x 2tb 970 Pros
>3x 2tb 970 Pros in RAID1 for reliable backup on the main board
>Cerberus-X for SFF ATX and cooling compatibility
>alternatively, PC-O11 with 1x360mm rad and 8x 12tb helium drives if more storage is desired

Assuming everything custom and a truly unlimited budget, just commission AMD to make a Zen 2 / VEGA 7nm APU with integrated ECC HBM3 on a monstrous die bigger than a Threadripper IHS. Burn through 10k+ silicon discs until you find the absolute highest bin.
Make the memory controller of both CPU and GPU talk to a shared HBM3 (as it has better latency than DDR5 and better bandwidth than GDDR6) pool 64+GB in size. Solder it straight to a motherboard with all the I/O you want, and at least 32 60a phases and integrated AC/DC power converter that feeds into the phases directly.
Commission Noctua to make a custom air cooler for it within dimensions you'd like, and commission Lian-Li for a custom case to fit it into. Make sure the air cooler Noctua makes has heat pipes integrated for the power units. Have AMD solder the cooler directly onto the custom APU's die.
Have them verify a highest possible overclock for both components with perfect stability (I'm not talking consumer-grade Prime95 verification, I'm talking bluespec levels of correctness) and lock it to that.
That'll give you the highest 1s CPU/GPU desktop/workstation-style performance possible with current tech.
If you didn't care about X86, though, I'd do the same thing, but commission a RISC-V or MILL CPU with 3D processing extensions.

I don't need 128gb of RAM but I could afford 1TB if my motherboard supported it

A fool and his money are soon parted.

>all these people talking about threadripper when the OP is pretty clearly talking about gaming given they mention a GPU
Threadripper is pretty terrible at games. You want an 8086k.

Eeeeh, a 2950x would be excellent at gaming, hitting pretty damn close to an 8086k (if you bound the game to 1 die) and beating the hell out of it at literally everything else. It's just 2 better binned 2700x's slapped together. A 2990x would probably not be as good of a choice unless he had 3x 360mm custom liquid loop, due to increased power consumption limiting clocks thermally. I'm ignoring VRM limits here.
For all a computer's use cases combined, TR2's slight loss against the 8086k in gaming isn't really a factor.

>the best personal computer
if i had it my way it wouldnt even have an hardware accelerated 3d addin card, it would all be made via software running on the bazillion cores of a multiple terahertz cpu. _any_ framebuffer output card would do

My 1950x handles gaming just fine, well over 100 fps in all AAA titles max eye candy all ultra settings 1080p, don't get mad because I spent way less money to 360noscope your ass while doing 15 other things at the same time.

Attached: 1311836116281.jpg (642x455, 73K)

>tfw playing original CS 1.6 on a Window 98SE Pentium 3 900mhz with 3dfx Voodoo 5 graphics card getting top frag against noobs with 8086k's and 1080ti's

Attached: 1308997062188.jpg (388x384, 33K)

>TR2 2990x (32c/64t) ($1500)
>128GB DDR4 RAM ($1600)
>yfw you realize you live in a timeline where you spend more cash on ram than the cpu when building a HEDT

Attached: 1506813192565.jpg (512x512, 139K)

I would just buy the new iMac Pro
Simple as

no you can you idiot a volt modded 980ti with a CPU cooler on it or watercooled can out perform a 1080 and approach a 1080ti

10series doesn't support same overclocking. go look at 3Dmark scores lots of the extream guys are still using 980ti because they can get better results than a 1080 pushed to the limit.

Probably a TR2990X, 128 GB B-Die 4266 RAM (16 GB modules) and a Titan V OC, custom waterloop (hardline), external radiator, and a ASUS Hyper NVMe RAID (4x 970 PRO 2 TB).

>980 Ti
>Approach a 1080 Ti
Proof plz.
A 1500-1600 MHz 980 Ti can reach a 1080 stock.

This. 128gb ram, intel xeon 18 core 2.3ghz cpu, radeon pro vega 64 16gb, 4 tb ssd, 5k display, and light weight all for only $13k dualboot mac osx and windows

I'd pay chinks to design and make a Ryzen + a fat dGPU motherboard for T420.

Also that's a nice crypto shill thread, OP.

you have to volt mod the 980ti like literally solder shit onto the board. but its possible people do it. you cant volt mod 10series because the firmware detects it and doesn't turn on the card. look on overclock.net or 3dmark forums. its not like super close to a 1080ti but its futher away from a 1080 than close to it.

I mean 24/7 OC. Some people run 1600/4200 24/7 with a good warercooler. But these cards are already exceptional.

The most expensive Mac pro, totally maxed out. About $36,000 but worth it, imo

fpbp

DRAM prices are goddamn stupid right now. Rumor has it that things will get better in a year or two.

>what is CUDA
Retarded amdrone

Something not worth the shit drivers that don't even support Wayland.

>using linux for anything that would benefit from CUDA in the first place

Irrelevant and obsolete before release, where linux will remain forever.

Sure thing my dude but I'm using Linux and it's my build.

How is Linux integration with CUDA? What are your use cases?
I'm looking to get into it to speed up monte carlo simulations; most of my code is in C.

I don't know, I'd just use it to shitpost on Jow Forums.
Did you miss the point of the thread? It's making whatever with unlimited budget.

That's been the "rumor" for the past 2 years tho...

:(

napster

I'd buy the 4tb upgrade in the new macbook pro™ :^)

No