Why wont this shit work please help

> get manjaro current build iso
>try using uui first to install it
>reboot my computer
>usb doesnt boot up at all just boots into windows 10
>try it again just incase it doesnt work
>try rufus
>tells me it needs to install the current version of grub it can find it online when i press yes
>finish installing it from rufus
>reboot computer and its still booting into windows 10
>look up online what the fuck is going on
>it says i need to select the dd option it will probably work
>select dd opiton and install it
>reboot computer and it still does the same fucking shit no linux distro just windows 10 booting up

why the fuck wont this shit work, i tried like 4 times on 2 different usb installing programs and the shit wont work at all. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG.

Attached: bike.jpg (2198x1362, 248K)

Other urls found in this thread:

etcher.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

self bump

self bumpo

bump bump

When the BIOs screen flashes press the designated key to enter boot manager menu, from there you can pick which device to boot into. It's usually f8-f12.

I'm in a similar problem with Debian, the Fucker just won't boot, tried 3 different tools

This here. You need to tell the computer what it should boot. Don't expect it to magically know that you want to do something.

did that, made usb the first boot up.

I just can't understand how people can be so stupid. It's truly shocking.

How exactly did you mount the ISO using rufus? Did you mess with any setting other than loading the ISO and specifying which zip diskette to use?

how am i stupid, i tried uui and rufus tools to make the bootable usb and it still wont work. I put usb as the top booter in my list of shit to use as a boot up.

nope, didnt mess with anything at all. Just loaded the iso and put the usb to write over into the program.

Are you using a gbt specific iso on a non EFI machine?

The ISO doesn't need to be mounted. Like, at all. This is why you people are so dumb. You're using tools meant for distros made 10 years ago when USB booting was uncommon.

Dumb fuck probably forgot to change boot priority in bios

Fucking pajeets

Try MBR?

besides wiping my entire damn laptop to install linux, explain a better way of installing this shit onto my usb.

read the thread, i already said my boot order has usb top priority.

nope it shouldnt be, i got manjaro from the main website.

This program is a piece of shit, but you are too dumb for Win32DiskImager.
etcher.io/

Once you've written an IMAGE, reboot and enter your BIOS. Select the USB drive you just got through writing to. There may be some backwards Linux distro installers out there which lack EFI partitions, but all the major (i.e. GOOD) distros have them.

ill try etcher and report back

>tries to install linux and to his surprise it doesnt work
>still wants to use it

dude linux is just shit, give it up

Etcher doesn’t work for a shit

Bloated POS that it may be, it does do exactly what needs to be done.

Do you have any other ideas.

These are the possibilities.
1. The hardware you're using is so old the BIOS doesn't know how to boot from USB
2. The distro image you selected does not have an EFI partition

Look for a compatibility or legacy boot option in your BIOS.

Disable secure boot?

Yeah that's a third possibility assuming this is a prebuild that already had Windows on it.

Use PenDrive Linux to create the bootable usb,forget Rufus
Disable Secure boot as mentioned/UEFI
ReportBack

Ah yes, I have had this problem on an Acer laptop when trying to boot from flash drive and also optical disk. You should select the boot device at startup every time for it to work, press F12 or something.

there's like some shitty win 10 bios settings these days like secure boot and stuff that can fuck with you.

ok im back i have a major update,
1 i did disable secure boot, and it did boot up to the manjaro title screen for the distro and i pressed boot. It went to a configuration screen because it didnt find some stuff that the distro needed in the iso itself.
2 i tried pendrive linux and it ended up saying manjaros current distro is not supported.

Attached: notsupported.png (393x150, 5K)

This is why you use image writers and not garbage like Unetbooin, Rufus, and whatever the fuck he recommended. You don't need support or config files to write a god damn image.

Are you even trying to select your boot device from the BIOS when starting up? Most computers these days are set to always boot from the primary storage first.

I already did. Fucking etcher. You can use Win32DiskImager but it's going to look for a .img file and you need to be intelligent enough to search for all file types.

You're stupid. When rufus says that, you ignore it and go ahead anyway. Fucktardio.

Your stupid for recommending rufus dumbshit. He doesn't need an image modifier. He needs a fucking image writer. I know its hard because some many little winfaggots used rufus to make bootable images of windows 7, but this isn't needed.

I’m back and I made it farther, it’s guving me namespace and execution failures.

the problem is windows10
you need to remove secure boot

Try using USBWriter, I find it's the best and easiest to use Windows image writer.

Anywho, does the installer throw any errors when trying to install the bootloader? How many actual drives do you have on your computer, physical or otherwise?