Why didn't anyone tell me addon lenses for phones were this good now

Why didn't anyone tell me addon lenses for phones were this good now

>60mm addon lens on the right

Attached: new_moment_lens_portrait.jpg (2000x750, 1.25M)

Other urls found in this thread:

engadget.com/2018/02/20/3d-printed-smartphone-microscope-is-good-enough-for-scientists/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

jesus fuck that's crisp

>Hmm.. let's see what the gayest fuck thread on Jow Forums right now

> i have no use for my phones camera because it can't go high enough iso in my moms basement

Attached: 1528492599117.png (358x309, 227K)

engadget.com/2018/02/20/3d-printed-smartphone-microscope-is-good-enough-for-scientists/

Attached: IMG_5655.jpg (477x472, 41K)

That is the same exact image on both sides though

Attached: 1520540630424.jpg (497x453, 23K)

What's the one on the left ? 18mm ?

I'm gonna guess these are 35mm-equivalent focal lengths. The actual focal length of the lens on a phone camera is usually something like 5mm, but it's almost always 28-mm equivalent (moderate wide angle), because of the enormous crop factor.

That makes sense. I was wondering why those 60mm looked like a 100mm lens and forgot about the crop factor.

it's not a "this looks like a 100mm but considering crop factor it makes sense it says 60mm.'
it looks like a 60mm (you're just wrong on the 100mm), but considering crop factor, it's actually not even a 8-10mm lens.

>imagine being this dumb
An actual 60mm lens would be almost 400mm in 35mm equivalent. You didn't "forget about the crop factor", you just aren't as good at determining focal length from a picture as you think.

phones have almost 7x crop factor

>5mm focal length
Are you fucking retarded?
My phone focuses on shit literally miles away, it isn't 5mm.

can't wait for summer to be over

she's c-cute...

I'm serious.
I don't understand why you care about the focal length of a lense, its proportionate to its size and literally has zero effect on image quality, the sensor's ability to detect the image is the only thing that matters, blowing shit up with a lense can be done at any scale, so it's entirely irrelevant.

Its almost like people into photography are stupid.

Because photographers use actual cameras, only instafags buy these

>gimme a few minutes to get my settings right guys, just a quick snap

Attached: 5500732101_8e2b64f4cf_b.jpg (1024x683, 192K)

Attached: 1417878569210.jpg (1200x820, 266K)

Damn you two alright ? Gotta lot of heat in ya.

Attached: dta0bvkb4t111.jpg (1242x1544, 127K)

>sticking your elbows out
fucking amateur hour over here
it also shouldn't take any time to get your settings right while in aperture priority mode either, maybe 15 seconds tops if you also need to switch into manual mode and control the shutter speed and iso setting too, I can literally turn my dslr on and start taking acceptable photos faster than the camera app will open on my phone

Attached: me_black_copy.jpg (250x250, 23K)

Changing all settings might take 10 seconds max or the photographer is retarded. Changing lens is long and stupid.

man i'm not sure if i should reply or not but i already started typing so why stop huh

> literally has zero effect on image quality,
Most lenses fuck up contrast and introduce chromatic aberration in the corners of the sensor. If this is not "image quality" to you, I don't know what is.

>posts stupid shit on a technology forum
>gets called out
>uh uh damn nigga u aight? gotta lotta heat in yuh
fuck off

Colander man asside, this pic is pretty comfy.

I'm sorry for not knowing the answer to my question, guess I'll have to do better next time :^)

*snap*

YEP

Attached: vVkoPPU.gif (250x250, 992K)

How come all this lens shit is for androids
I have an iPhone

gay retard alert

That's pretty shit.

it's the other way around, camera position is different for every android phone