How hard...

How hard, and what kind of cost would I be looking at if I wanted to contract a Chinese factory to make my very own phone line based on the spec sheet and design of my choosing?
Let's say I want to order 10,000 to hopefully sell to you freedom loving fucks for dirt cheap because I have money to burn.

Attached: china-factory-worker-720x480[1].jpg (720x480, 62K)

The PCB blueprinting costs are prohibitively expensive, at least according to Computerphile.

>How hard
very hard

>I have money to burn.
if you're a billionaire, mb

I have a capital of about 300k, would that plus "pre-orders" be enough to get a contract?

>chinese factory
enjoy getting fucked over
if you have enough money to burn, make it in the usa or taiwan

That sounds plausible but nobody on Jow Forums knows about this topic

if it goes wrong then what

i want a cheap deal, like every other phone company
no one makes phones in the usa, and idk about taiwan, i dont care, whichever is cheaper

not enough volume

Well, a phone has multiple parts, and you have to source all of those. RAM, mainboard, screen, camera, you get the idea user. Then, you have to ship these to the same factory*.
All the while you, the entrepreneur, are performing QC and talking/emailing dozens of factory owners who speak crappy English and have no qualms about swindling you**. You'll have to fly to China somewhat regularly to inspect the product, make sure you're not getting fucked, etc.
If there's any retooling, you have to take the cost. If a batch of product sucks, you're fucked, not them***.

>I have money to burn.
Apparently not brainpower.

*Unless you use more than 1 factory for some reason. Like, maybe 1 factory solders everything to the PCB, another factory attaches the screen.
**See pic.
***See the damn pic for real.

Attached: anon says dont learn mandarin.png (1400x5552, 946K)

there's video on youtube of one guy making his customized phone by buying parts in china.

300k is nothing in that industry. Sorry bud

Don't do that. They'll steal your concept and sell it cheaper on aliexpress. They did that with majority of kickstarters dumb enough to outsource stuff to China. If you really are serious about this, consider East Euros. They are MUCH more trustworthy, besides Romania or Russia, you'll be dealing with something that's as good as Germans or Americans, just poor.

Try Poland or Czech for almost German tier outsourcing, but expect to pay more than for Ukraine. Avoid south and Russia is a hit or miss.

if you're trying to do a newly designed modern phone you're fucked

Rofl, $300k, are you out of your mind?

Saw that vid, very eye opening (no pun intended).

Shines light as to all the components needed to create a cellphone, and how hard is it to assemble the phone.

But those are pre-manufactured components, its nothing like what OP wants to do so we can be blessed with a secure, free and botnet-less phone.

IMHO it would take at least millions to have that done, and would have to be done at a huge scale.

as people have said countless times when this has come up, there's no such thing as a 'botnetless' phone, when you connect to your carrier's towers then can track you.

OP if you really want to do this you'll need at least a mil, a couple of engineers willing to work for free and a lot of connections
still think you can make it happen ? freetards will suck your cock forever if it's worth something
but why do you not like the librem 5 ? isn't it basically what you want ?

Never go to China. Instead try Vietnam.

>Never go to China. Instead try Vietnam.
I wouldn't do electronics there. VN is great at non tech stuff (Nike shoes for example). They're great at repairing phones, but not making them.
t. Have a house there, live there off and on throughout the year.

You're better off buying some defunct older design and repurpose it. Even then i doubt you'd get anywhere, though. Industrial scale is way beyond one person's spending. And even then, carriers will fuck you over and piss over what you wanted to do. Don't forget that the phone and communication industry is extremely hostile, you'll probably be sued out of your house by apple or something before you even get the legalities done.