90% of webdev is just fucking around trying to get nodejs to not shit the bed

>90% of webdev is just fucking around trying to get nodejs to not shit the bed
>it always does anyways

Attached: monika weary.jpg (640x468, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17513709
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just Monika.

welcome to the world of programming!

Aah I remember when I was a beginner

At least it's not PHP.

PHP is utterly shit, but it's still better than JS

>node
>running a headless browser just to fetch rows from a database

Apparently I need it for the build tools I need to use for this library, I guess. Bullshit, I tell ya.

Attached: i wanna die.jpg (1280x1655, 617K)

How bad of a sign is this?

Attached: absolute state of the javascript community.png (494x51, 4K)

This is only-JS probelms. Using libraries and frameworks in other languages just werk. Even older Java projects with Quattuordecillion function once you fill them up.

This might have more to do with the package sources, rather than the language itself. Older languages have well-known robust and boring libraries that have been fine tuned through decades of hard work, whereas NPM gives you access to pretty much anyones weekend code

Only because java is matured. Good look using something made for java1-2 with modern libraries.

>he only uses node js

Attached: 6GxJgmB_zps8gty4ogn.jpg (500x383, 17K)

is node.js just javascript?
it's like, a runtime environment for javascript, so you don't have to use a web browser
what do people actually use it for? why would a web dev use it, if they design things for the internet?
can you make like, video games using html, css and js with node.js, that don't have to run in a web browser?

what is PHP used for???

Nuclear power plant control.
In Finland at least.

>code poorly, don't cover edge cases
>run into edge cases
>OMG JAVASCRIPT SUX NODE SUCKZZZ

typical retard

Attached: pepodance.gif (1027x731, 111K)

>90% of web development is Node..

If you think web dev revolves around Node.js and PHP, then there's a good chance you're a pajeet.

I can't tell you how much I don't want it even fucking installed. I'm not writing my app in node.js, but apparently all the other devs that write libraries use node.js based build tools.

>it's my code that's poorly written
Except when it falls apart before I've even written a line of code.

I'm not even using node.js for my backend. It's apparently requried for the build tools for this piece of shit front end library.

Attached: sayori feels.png (469x1151, 384K)

>not using ASP.NET or .net core

Its like you want to have a shit backend.

depends on how you code your shit. i bet you code everything in the backend

make libraries and segregate your code

Actually, on this particular project, I have a static backend. It's literally just apache serving some files. Apparently, I still need node.js installed for reprocessing reasons, though, and it's fickle as all hell.

If I needed something more dynamic, though, I'd probably be using flask on python3.

Attached: monika NP hard.jpg (671x629, 81K)

this
>ez to debug
>compiled
>it's C#, so I can use it to develop vidya gaymes

Facebook, Google, Wikipedia, Wordpress.

>not using node only to build your client

webdev is for fags.

This is pretty much exactly what I'm doing, and it's still absolutely terrible.

;)

Attached: no homo.jpg (540x481, 31K)

It can be used as a webserver.

It's even worse when after a few years experience the only complex part of your job is gathering requirements for clients that have no idea what they want

Everything becomes obvious at the ~5yrs exp mark on the technical side so you're not even having fun anymore

[] == '' // -> true
[] == 0 // -> true
[''] == '' // -> true
[0] == 0 // -> true
[0] == '' // -> false
[''] == 0 // -> true

[null] == '' // true
[null] == 0 // true
[undefined] == '' // true
[undefined] == 0 // true

[[]] == 0 // true
[[]] == '' // true

[[[[[[]]]]]] == '' // true
[[[[[[]]]]]] == 0 // true

[[[[[[ null ]]]]]] == 0 // true
[[[[[[ null ]]]]]] == '' // true

[[[[[[ undefined ]]]]]] == 0 // true
[[[[[[ undefined ]]]]]] == '' // true

Attached: 67g4d7g6frd3ghij.jpg (300x168, 8K)

Use triple equals you big baby.

Don't be garbage at dealing with computers. It isn't even a programming issue. I feel like you are the target audience of those hugbox Medium articles crying about how hard web dev is when it only requires a modicum of computer literacy.

>Listing a bunch of edge cases (you probably found on Github or some article) that only trip up literal retards who don't know how to defensively code
Just because it gives you plenty of rope doesn't mean you have to hang yourself.

Actually there is a better part of Webdev where you use boring but reliable technologies like ASPNET, Play or Vaadin with reliable SQL databases like Postgre or SQL Server behind it.

>90% of frontend is just fucking around with npm and webpack, then getting hacked because ESLint was compromised.
ftfy

Luckily we're only forced to use this garbage for frontend until web asm saves the day.
If you're using javashit on your backend too then you deserve everything you get.

How the fuck do you get hacked because one of your devtools are vulnerable?

Also, wasm isn't going to save shit. It is a stack VM, and your Java, C#, Python, Golang, or anything aside from some trivial C/C++/Rust isn't going to be usable in a meaningful way without you also compiling the VM/GC of your language into wasm code.

Have fun sending megabytes of language runtime code just so you can continue using a bastardized version of whatever language you are used to using.

>Have fun sending megabytes of language runtime code just so you can continue using a bastardized version of whatever language you are used to using.
On the upside companies will be less eager to make their applications web-based.

Why would that be the case? Instead of sending megabytes of language runtime they want to teach users to download and run an application? Maybe for phone apps, sure, but companies already do that.

Kek

It will stop making companies thinking you could e.g. run a DAW in electron.

Just wait till the WebAudio spec gets a bit more mature.

If you're as incompetent as js shitters are it's easy.
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=17513709

>Compiling the VM/GC into wasm
Yep! And you only need to load it once if you refer to the official CDN hosted package. Blazor is already fairly usable and I'm sure there are other projects out there.

The CDN argument is a weak one, imo. Am I supposed to keep a cached version of every minor version of Python (for example) from 2 -> 3? It isn't like browsers can support binary patching of resources like that (yet).

Well with dotnet you don't have to worry about the runtime version as long as it's >= to your target. Backwards compatibility is incredible.

For languages with a fragmented and non- backward compatible runtime I'd expect they'd either shape up or nobody will use them for webasm.