He has a degree? Where's his experience?

>He has a degree? Where's his experience?
>He worked part time in school? That's not relevant experience.
>He knows several programming languages? I'm not interested about him fucking around in a bunch of different languages.
>Where's his portfolio? He needs personal projects and a GitHub in lieu of relevant experience.
>He has personal projects? Are they up on GitHub? If it's not there, it doesn't exist.
>His projects are up on GitHub? How big are they? I don't give a fuck about TicTacToe in Python.
>He made contributions to other projects? How many of those were for a large codebase maintained by a prestigious company?
>His resume made it through? He needs to brush up on Cracking the Coding Interview, Leetcode and Hackerrank. He needs to take two timed prescreen coding assessments, three technical phone interviews, and six back-to-back onsite whiteboard interviews.
>He passed? Ask him what his hobbies are.

Attached: igor-bogdanoff-10572187bihpl_123[1].jpg (500x500, 61K)

All this for a meager salary in an anti-rewarding position with 0 upward mobility. Not to mention this process selects for unscrupulous, well-connected individuals with 0 ability to do any of the job, while gating competent talent, as anyone who's ever worked in a big company can tell you.

joey pull up this kids github

Attached: asdf.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

What the fuck were you doing while going to college. Oh let me guess, playing videos games and spending your money on experience gaming equipment.

You had 4 years to earn experience, did you bother on looking to the countless internship postings on Indeed and LinkedIn? Companies get paid by the state to hire local residents and keep their businesses in the area.

JUST HIRE ME YOU FUCKER.

not this time

Attached: file.png (1366x768, 425K)

>he got hired?
>crash the company
>with no survivors!

Attached: DXW3kl9WkAA8c4C.jpg (313x175, 12K)

>this is what underageb& boomers actually believe

kys boomer

t. college student pursuing a degree and working as an embedded engineer for 2 semesters full time

My portfolio is on GitLab because I don't want my VCS portal getting the skype treatment

>Indeed
>Linkedin
when was the last time you looked for a job, user?

Attached: 1505102792888(1).jpg (1000x1000, 128K)

About 2.5 months ago. Already accepted offer.

>What the fuck were you doing while going to college.
Studying, you fucking retard.

I was purposely taught wrong, as a joke.

On a side note, it's all crashing down on me anyways.

Mfw my only github entry is TicTacToe in C

>Mfw my only github entry is TicTacToe in C
What are your hobbies, user?

mfw my github is a linix disrto I made for Jow Forums, a very basic shell I wrote for Jow Forums, and Windows Optimizer 2013

At uni, i go to local karaoke nights and a pool bar. When im not at uni i'm a full time chef and have to relinquish my hobbies and my soul

Salty commie detected

If all you hire is talentless hacks that you know through your connections you're not going to ship a good product and suffer. But then again, it's likely you're the talentless hack here with a very big ego.

>"Congratulation, you passed our tests! This is the first time this year that someone gets this far, I must say, management is pretty impressed."
>"Thanks sir, I'd really like to work for this company."
>"You will! Just one last question: What are your hobbies?"
>"Well, I used to browse Jow Forums for.. eh, I mean."
>"WHAT?!?"
>"Ehehe, no, I meant.."
>"GET OUT OF HERE!"
>"Yes, sir. I am so sorry.."
>"NOW!!!"

Why is Jow Forums the only board (apart from the Jow Forums) where i constantly see whining about being jobless?

Attached: IMG_2111.jpg (461x1908, 130K)

Rajaah and Pajeet took them all, but you can't blame them at all. Just blame NEETs, because they obviously didn't apply super duper hard and get the job that an Indian can do at pennies on the dollar.

>reasons to be fired on day one

If you want to work then work for it, what do you suggest stupid millennial

You gotta do what you gotta do. Otherwise you'd work for startups all your life.

Attached: 1513079615962.png (664x735, 78K)

lol exactly this.
i studied hard and competed in national hacking competitions like the NCL and consistently ranked in the top 1% nationwide, now im an analyst at a fortune 100 company and they literally offered me the job during the interview
dont fuck off in school, actually devote yourself to your hobby, and if your hobby isnt what you are going to school for your stupid.

my uni doesnt offer classes in playing video games

Attached: dumb.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Sorry faggot I'm not going to spend every waking minute of my life programming. I'm not an autistic son of a bitch like you. Electrical and mechanical engineers dont spend every second of their being doing shit outside of work.

have fun living a mediocre unfulfilling life doing something you dont enjoy, faggot.
im the one laughing here

I'm a programmer working on a neat project. Still dont program outside of work though since I'm not autistic

Tell me again how google, microsoft, facebook, amazon, apple, et al. are shipping great products or suffering. Oh wait. Underageb& fuck off.

Outside of SV, startups actually pay the exact same thing as google (but don't come with sign-in bonuses, just shares). The work environment is typically infinitely superior as well, and the people are typically more skilled and talented. There's an actual opportunity to move up in the company, too.

>you're doing it wrong