Only positions that can be found are all unpaid internships

>only positions that can be found are all unpaid internships

Attached: 1531384236205.png (599x281, 42K)

If you have 3.9GPA, a project and interned at FAANG you can literally get $450k (total comp) starting salary in bay area. Study harder.

what ooga booga place is this?

These people are turning software into another fastfood industry where we'll have to tip developers to use software because they all work for free in silicon valley for a chance at a salary after X years.

Great idea, user! Brb starting my own software company.

t. unemployed teenager

Jealous of big four wages, cuck?

No I'm just pitiful of your lack of understanding of the job market and value of money.

I don't know how they can get away with unpaid coding internships,and if so not for very long anyway. The demand for coders is just too high still.

When I graduated my first job was clicking fucking websites. That was $13/hr. I don't know what they were thinking cause sure enough just 2 months later I left for $50k. Six months later left for $60k. That first job though they did have coders but they were only getting $20/hr when I was last there.

I think the low wage coder jobs are able to get away with it because the workers there are just not inclined to do the work to look for better opportunities. I said fuck that, I want more. Seeing all my classmates graduated with me getting these high paying jobs made me despise my $13/hr rate.

You've never had a job have you

> b8
Figured as much. Nobody is this stupid

If you want to be paid for an internship you'd better be able to deliver.

>No I'm just pitiful of your lack of understanding
>I'm just pitiful

Yes, you are.

Attached: br.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

>just starve to death and get evicted or you're not going to make it!

That's right.

>maths phd
>$300k starting salary like a fucking chump

Attached: 1502988444213.jpg (601x508, 28K)

imagine this radical concept of paying people for doing a job!
Wake up cuck, most jobs don't require you to be top 1 of your class in a top university; and company is making more than enough money to pay an entry programmer some money to cover up his living expenses.

that salary might just be enough for a 2 bedroom in Oakland

more like
>leech even more from mom&dad or you're not going to make it!
also
>wtf millenials? Why are you so dependant on your parents, get a damn job [insert anecdote on how this boomer was financially sound at 20]

>leave in a country where law force internship to be paid
Feels good

>adam22

The Come Up Adam?

>wanting to live in the bay area

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 43K)

Unpaid internships are illegal in America. I've actually never even heard of someone doing an unpaid one here. Anything CS or engineering related internships are all 12-20 an hour here.

>Unpaid internships are illegal in America.
no they're not

They literally are just duckduckgo it

> you can literally get $450k (total comp) starting salary in bay area

lmao wut

Guess how I know you have never worked in the bay area?

Facebook starting salary for fresh-from-college people is usually only slightly more than $90k, my dude.

I'm complaining about internships with shitty pay instead.

Attached: 1525367640810.jpg (438x750, 76K)

based

He's right
You shouldn't waste time complaining
You should be spending your time finding paid internships or actual jobs

works every time

weak follow-up
your permission to use this b8 is revoked

Attached: guaranteed_replies.png (1024x1024, 74K)

Oh no >:( he made me reply

Don't work for free.

based

They are not if the intership meet these 6 conditions

"1. The internship, even though it includes actual operation of the facilities of the employer, is similar training which would be given in an educational environment;

2. The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern;

3. The intern does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff;

4. The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern; and on occasion its operations may actually be impeded;

5. The intern is not necessarily entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship; and

6. The employer and the intern understand that the intern is not entitled to wages for the time spent in the internship. "

>The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern;

>The employer that provides the training derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the intern; and on occasion its operations may actually be impeded;

Otherwise its illegal in the US

We already do that with donations to open source and freeware devs