Notepad Improvements

blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/07/11/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17713/

>Notepad Improvements

With Build 17666, we introduced extended line ending support for Notepad. We’re excited to share that today’s build has a few more surprises in store based on what you’ve been telling us!

>Wrap-around find/replace: We’ve made significant improvement to the find/replace experience in Notepad. We added the option to do wrap-around find/replace to the find dialog and Notepad will now remember previously entered values and the state of checkboxes and automatically populate them the next time you open the find dialog. Additionally, when you have text selected and open the find dialog we will automatically populate the search field with the selected text.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Attached: 1735ca3bdc2c711319186d679c7cd64d.png (996x515, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/h0x0d/status/992345720358227968
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Text zooming: We’ve added options to make it quick and easy to zoom text in Notepad. There is a new menu option under View > Zoom to change the zoom level and we display the current zoom level in the status bar. You can also use Ctrl + Plus, Ctrl + Minus and Ctrl + MouseWheel to zoom in and out and use Ctrl + 0 to restore the zoom level to the default.

>Line numbers with word-wrap: A long outstanding request has been to add the ability to display line and column numbers when word-wrap is enabled. This is now possible in Notepad and we’ve made the status bar visible by default. You can still turn the status bar off in the View menu.

Attached: de60a724ead06fea232e2bd44fea8197.gif (998x518, 41K)

Nice
Source code?

Finally getting their priorities straight.

based
kys freecuck go fix holes in gaytoo

Still can't into unix EOL?

Does it work on Windows 7 if I copy over the .exe?

It's literally a single standard textedit and a menu strip full of default dialogs written in WinAPI. You can do it youself in under a hour.

unpopular opinion: notepad should be replaced with a new, lightweight editor with line numbers, syntax highlighting and dark mode enabled by default. Would make windows sysadmin 10x easier until there's a good alternative to RDPing into boxes.

Who cares?

Why would you want to? When...

This.

Why use vim when now notepad supports find/replace?

Didn't they have to change the internal Windows API to get it to understand Unix line endings?

Because . All the "improvements" they've made recently have been one line here, two lines there in a 6KB .c file.

No. They just would have changed the load and save routines, and belted our converted line endings when loading or saving.

it only took them 3 decades.

Dark mode is cancer and should never be enabled by default.

twitter.com/h0x0d/status/992345720358227968
I feel like this would crash on Windows 7.

Notepad can't into modal editing

Good. Modal editing is garbage.

You're a fucking moron, notepad also can't into relative lines

>we added some irrelevant features to our 33 year old program

I doubt it. It looks like they subclassed the edit control (those message IDs look like they're in the WM_USER range). Pretty trivial stuff, actually. No, it wouldn't work on 7 because there'd be a hardcoded version check (of course - MS likes them).

>dark mode enabled by default.
i can't believe I actually made it to this part. Absolutely haram, kys.

>lightweight editor
This is the very definition of Notepad.

I always get lulz out of this sort of shit.
>ms should put xyz into windows
>OMGWTFBBQ M$ HAS KILLED THE XYZ INDUSTRY FUCKING BASTARDS ANTITRUST INVESTIGATION NOW

Notepad didn't need the retarded line ending support.
The only thing it needs is better undo/redo.

Upgrade to 10 now you idiot~

Notepad is supposed to be extremely lightweight while WordPad gets these sort of upgrades.

When you spend several hours a week in front of a computer screen is a god's blessing.

How is modal editing garbage? Go back using sublime text and visual code.

I'm using sublime and I couldn't be happier with it.

BLOAT

Welcome to 2002.
Mac OS X had this since forever in TextEdit.app.

Yeah, talk about placebo.
That's not how eyes work.

your eyes get blasted with light coming off the backlight too you dumb cunt.
Dark font of bright background will always remind the more legible one and the one with less eye strain.
If your eyes get tired, consider getting a desk lamp and stop sitting in a dark room you dunce.

NOTEPAD++ minimal > your shit