I am using debian but I want something with more working packages and less workarounds

I am using debian but I want something with more working packages and less workarounds.

Which should I do? Arch or gentoo?

Convince me Jow Forums.

Attached: 3b18f15629ccbf53a8d798aa1a16dbb4aee13cca45d9dbfc3e130d0adfccc3f8.png (4000x2000, 504K)

if you can seriously manage to install gentoo, you shouldnt be asking this question

Debian testing or unstable
/thread

What the fuck kind of an answer are you expecting? It's fucking gentoo of course.

Debian has probably more packages than both, but gentoo also has lots.
Arch only has very few officially supported, the rest you have to compile yourself from scripts written by random people and which aren't updated if the maintainer looses interest.

gentoo is a hassle to setup. once you get it running, updating and adding new things is very comfy.

there is a ton of packages for it, and 3rd party overlays provide even more.

Arch will be less time consuming out of those two

Gentoo has sane defaults, but still lets you choose how to set everything up. Plus there's tons of packages in the official repos. So, if you wasn't something that just works and you don't mind compiling, Gentoo. If you don't want to compile, then my advice is to stick with Debian, don't go with Arch.

Arch has probably more workarounds than debian mind you.

>don't go with Arch.
Why not?

GuixSD can do all which Gentoo can with convenience Arch can't best even on a good day.

What you get:
Safe upgrades - you no longer need to worry if a change might break X as you can just rollback (select old config from grub) then fix
Reproducible bulilds - security with little effort as you can challenge the server to make sure you have not been compromised
Simple packaging - packages are scheme objects making variant creation as simple as inherit and change to fit your needs
Variants - you can have multiple versions and variants of each paqckage making development pain free
Containers - not only can you export to docker and other such systems, you can even use native containers (and ad-hoc) with just one command
VMs - since configuration is declarative it can be used to produce VM images, containers, and more
Freedom - packages repect your freedom by default (3rd party packages do exists if you so desire a few non free programs)

and much more (too many to list)

>GuixSD
Still a meme, doesn't even include KDE

Because angry contrarian kiddos need to follow all the "dank memes" to make sure they fit in on an anonymous weeb website.

unironically (non-meme'd) install gentoo.

you can even install binary packages, there is literally no reason for arch to even exist

KDE is wip thus you can contrinbute if you wish for it to happen sooner rather than try mocking it for not being ready when there's a very small team working on it. GuixSD aims to bootstrap everything which takes longer time but produces better results in the end. This is one of the reasons why it's taking much longer.

>angry contrarian kiddos need to follow all the "dank memes" to make sure they fit in on an anonymous weeb website
... said the arch user

just use windows 10 you lazy neet, maybe you'll even get a job when you don't need to spend hours and hours per day fixing and ricing your system

Except I don't use Arch, you weird little meme-obsessed kid.

I'd go with Void or Gentoo. Arch is alright but not near what the neckbeards claim it to be.

Debian Testing

Attached: crux1.jpg (723x1024, 149K)

>I'd go with Void or Gentoo.
Funny, considering you don't use either.

yes i am, i dont use Gentoo at the moment but have Void running right now

Windows® 10

Attached: d5c.jpg (625x626, 36K)

defaults to systemd (ouch!)
bloated kernel
not an issue for many but it only supports x86_64

No point to either when debian testing exists

>bbbbbbut my aur user
I see your aur and raise you a .deb