Are Xiaomi products safe to use?

Are Xiaomi products safe to use?

Attached: 1518507863860.jpg (1487x2048, 287K)

cute whore

nice slut

>Are Xiaomi products safe to use?
The ones with Snapdragon SoCs and unlockable bootloaders are.

Nothing Chinese is safe

Nothing you haven't completely build yourself from scratch is safe to use.

Always assume that everything is unsafe and going to be used to your disadvantage.

That being said, xiaomi is not better or worse than anybody else in that regard.

Using one myself (mi note 4 mtk) and I'm fully satisfied for the price it came at (~200€ a while ago).

Even though it's rooted (oc it is) you could also live without root, miui is breedy gud

THIS
just buy domestic or our allies products

So how about a Mibox?

Has anyone done a test to see what data is going in and out of their devices?

Enough people are using them these days so Im sure that if there was any concern it would be well documented by now.

The king is kinda gay. Its not straight

>So how about a Mibox?
I was mainly referring to phones.

This

Define safe.

At this point does it really matter for the average person if a jew or a chink gets their grubby hands on your data?

Safer than what you mutts call food

I have a xiaomi redmi note 4 snapdragon with lineageos and it feels pretty safe, you can fine tune every app.

The Chinese government has yet to contact me for any reason so I guess so.

>Mido with lineage
Bad thing the finger sensor is slow compared to Miui

Why is the king tilted?

>Chinese design
>safe

pick one

Hello John NSA

Fuck I want to Fool's Mate this bitch so hard

>Are Xiaomi products safe to use?
What do you mean by "safe" ?

If you mean "will they explode in my face?" the answer is "no more likely then any other phone."

If you mean "do they contain Chinese spyware?" the answer is "yes, but it probably won't be activated unless you engage in activity deemed hostile to the PRC. In which case it'll be a full on spying post."

But remember, your "Smart" TV is also a full on spying post.

id rather have Chink government botnet that uses my data to keep track of its own citizens than (((American))) botnet that uses my data for marketing

As long as you flash another ROM on it then you should be good

No

>our allies products
But Israel doesn't produce anything.

>He trusts the hardware

Have you fully audited every chip?

How does unlocking the bootloader make it safe?
>baseband: proprietary, not separated from the ROM hardware, aka can read from memory indiscriminately
>all other hardware proprietary, so even custom ROMs are forced to ship vendor blobs

>But remember, your "Smart" TV is also a full on spying post.
Surely no one on Jow Forums gives their TV internet access?

How else will they be able to Netflix + chill?

By using their Xiaomi Mi Box.

Buy a cheap Xiaomi phone, it'll have huge ROM support. Pick any good one, easily the best budget, private solutions. It'll last a long time too, initial effort pays off, regular speedy updates are beautiful.

If you're not up for the custom ROM life, I would suggest staying away from it, if it's privacy that you're concerned about.

>chinese botnet over western botnet

Still rocking my 2.5 years old RN3P. Not looking to switch any time soon either. Easily the best phone I've ever owned.

RIP qt.

She is so hot, she melted the king XD

You underestimate the power of instant gratification.

Who is she?

"Harro? Yes he use Xiaomi phone. Stupid Weaterner ahah activate hardware backdoor!"

Attached: 53.jpg (243x207, 5K)

She is way out of your league.
Just fap and move on.

So if I'm Canadian I buy Canadian or Chinese

Since it's impossible to manufacture personal hardware, it is the only currently sane software-level option.

no

Id still prefer chinese botnet, as long as i dont go to china or shit on the communist party they dont give a shit about me, whereas the NSA does

Alexandra botez

>buy domestic or our allies products
Now you're starting to sound like a literal boomer.
Next are you going to complain about all the Toyotas and Volkswagens that got you fired from a union backed job at the Chrysler factor earning $30 per hour for turning a screw?

Attached: boomy sip.jpg (380x349, 30K)

I have a Xiaomi phone, and before I was able to flash a non MiUI ROM to it, I was significantly more concerned about gapps being installed than I was about the chink buttnet. That having been said, I wish I could've actually used the phone, rather than being cucked by incompatible carrier bands. I'd be more than happy to buy another phone from them if I had some assurances that their shit would work in Burgerland, but unless something has changed since I bought one, it stands that chinkphones really only work well if you're a yuropoor. Damn shame, too, my Chinkphone is really good for the price I paid for it.

Attached: 1522604046110.png (511x454, 88K)

No.

my mi A1 is
not sure about pic related tho

Attached: xiaomi-mijia-electric-scooter-15_810x350.jpg (628x350, 15K)

I have a Mi A1, and feel overall content with it. Maybe when software support ends I'll try out any custom pajeet-ROM...

It produces problems

This.

Stop buying Chinese, don't be dumb. All their stuff is made from stolen technology and it's made to send data to their government. And it's going to be used against your country eventually.

>it's made to send data to their government. And it's going to be used against your country eventually.
How the fuck are the Chinese going to use the fact that I enjoy watching ebony lesbian midgets peeing into each others' mouths against my country? Do you even think before you type?

What people should be worried about is being spied on by the country whose jurisdiction they live in.

No. No chink material is safe. They watch you with your camera.

I have a bunch of yeelights and they are fine - but they are on a VLAN that can't get out to the internet. I control them through another manner.

I used miui only for a week, when I waited for the unlocking of the bootloader, so I don't have a solid comparison.
Anyway, it feels pretty responsive \_(%)_/

Stumped by a king's gambit.

No, it's worse than the NSA botnet. At least American companies are bound by SOME regulations, in China surveillance is public knowledge and built into every platform. Good luck getting them to play by the rules.
It's not better to give the data to chinks because when ww3 starts chinks will pwn all your devices (personal and others like power grid and Internet infrastructure) with the built in backdoors while chinks themselves barely use any American hw.

what do yall think of the French defense?

Underrated defense. But 1..e6 is a little monster.

I TRUST A CHINAMAN ABOUT AS FAR AS I CAN THROW HIM

WHICH IS PRETTY FAR BUT STILL NOTHING IN TERMS OF TRUST

I don't think the NSA gives a shit about you either.

Why should you give them your info? In the grand scheme of things sure it doesn't matter but that doesn't mean you should just give it to them.

I'd mate her, or let her mate me.

>all these borderline racist faggots still refuse to pay extra shekels for domestically produced made in the USA products
you're all weak and don't deserve to make it to the promised land.

no
like any other android phone

When you decide to play politics or become a head of big corporation

That looks like the queen to me.

You only want to buy a Xiaomi because it's cheaper than the competition in the same range. Here in Eastern Europe you can get the Mi6 with SD 835 for 400eur while the S8 with Exynos is 520eur. S8 plus is 650eur. With these insane prices I've picked an A5 (2017 ver.) for 220eur. Even the OnePlus 5t is over 500eur. It's not even a fucking iPhone ffs.

>When you decide to play politics or become a head of big corporation
>implying anyone who buys chinkshit will get that far in life

>for 220€
Should have got a Redmi Note 5

i don't know, is it ?

It's not all stolen, some companies are dumb enough to license it to them. AMD

Yeah, dose of reality right there.

Just expect it to show up in the polygraph questions if you ever go in for an alphabet agency job interview.

What are you using that's actually "domestically produced" and not just a US OEM working with a foreign ODM?

If you're chinese, as long as you don't speak negative about politics or say anything about wanting to change the politics.

If you're non-chinese, as long as you don't use it for work and keep it purely personal.

US has no allies. Only interests.