I just bought a refurbished mac book air on amazon for $600. Did I fuck up, or get a deal...

I just bought a refurbished mac book air on amazon for $600. Did I fuck up, or get a deal? I know basically nothing about laptops.

Attached: D9A8D95E-71F9-433A-81FC-F167790F589D.png (832x464, 237K)

Have fun with a 600$ dual core that overheats

You’ve had firsthand experience with this? Some reviews I’ve read claim it had a 14 plus hour long battery life, but that doesn’t seem so good if it’s goig to overheat periods of use. It also has 128 gb 8 bf ram? I’m not sure what this means or if that is enough space.

You are clearly the exact market apple caters to, so you'll probably be fine.

What are the specs?
I just bought pic related used for $750
AppleCare is good until Dec 2019

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 10.28.43.png (1396x894, 333K)

I probably am, but isn’t this a sufficient computer for simple internet surfing and stuff like that?

It’s just a early 2015 model of the 13 inch Mac book air. It is the one with 138 gb of storage and an i5 processer so it isn’t upgraded or anything I guess. I’m just wondering if I got an alright deal

he's a fucking idiot. no core i5/i7 macbook air heats up. that was only an issue with core 2 duo shit, and was common with ALL core 2 duo shit laptops, both PC and Mac.

for a 2015 that's fine. but personally i would have waited to see what apple is offering later this fall. they're rumored to be releasing a new line of value minded notebooks. paying $300 more for something with intel 8th gen would be well worth it IMO.

I have one and its perfect for just surfing around and carrying around the house. GOD like battery

Thank you, for the information. I was in desperate need of a laptop so my research was minimal and I just wanted something fast.

Great to know. How long have you had it, and has the performance stayed consistent? Being that this is refurbished, I’m wondering if it will perform the same.

not that poster but i've been riding out a 2013 for 5 years. I had a 2011 prior to that and jumped at the 2013 when I saw Anandtech's review of the 2013 benchmark the battery at 16 hours (after offloading my 2011 on the secondary market I only had to foot in $200 to upgrade so win-win). So overall I've used this class of machine as my primary computer for the better part of 7 years. No issues at all. Performance has been consistently great, even after upgrading to the latest macOS year after year. Battery life is still in the 12-13h range too which is absolutely phenomenal considering I use this machine everyday. I would love to have a reason to upgrade, but quite honestly I don't see the need.

>know nothing about laptops.
>Buy a laptop.
>Did I fuck up?
What do you think, user?

user, I'm in the same boat with a 2013 MBP, thank God it has been so faithful in terms of performance and battery life over all these years, only needing two display replacements.

I'm honestly afraid of what I'll do when it finally dies, the new keyboards and ports are so terrible. Have been looking into Windows laptops after so long, and Razor's newest 3rd gen laptops are looking pretty decent.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 6.10.36 PM.png (2880x1800, 3.76M)

Exactly same experiences of my Late 2013 MBP. I expect this machine to last me for additional 2-4 years. Might go for a Windows machine after this if Apple hardware doesn't get better in the future

>only needing two display replacements.
you wut nigga?

>no core i5/i7 macbook heats up
retard
google before you make posts

you could've payed $100 or less for a laptop meant for just internet surfing, paying $700 for that is ridiculous

You've never had a C2D give you second degree burns on your nutsack if you think an i5/i7 lukewarm is actually comparable. **See rule 2 for posting on Jow Forums

Attached: 1450827034481.gif (250x188, 1.05M)

nigger my i5 before repasting got up to 98C kill yourself

>buys a piece of shit low build quality PC
>is astonished that they couldn't be arse bothered to paste it properly (or engineer the laptop housing to not be a thermal trap)

poorfags gun poor

i have no idea what you're trying to say, you have autism

you do not talk about /b/ xDD sprolololo

>I know basically nothing
At least you have some level of self awareness.

Attached: 1516115953133.jpg (1080x1370, 291K)