Microsoft to release Surface Phone

Where were you when Surface Phone got 15k signatures for Microsoft to just release it already?

Attached: surfacephone_petition.png (1343x805, 380K)

Bots. Who else?

Didn't they literally just put it on hold because WCOS isn't ready yet? What impact would this have at all especially if it's under 100k signatures.

Me and others who are dying for a true innovation, and sick of dumbed down smartphones of Apple, and lack of aesthetics on Android.

doa

There was BBOS10 which was actually innovative, it was fast, and it was built on top of QNX, a world standard when it comes to RTOS (which all mobile devices should be running). And it was almost purely gesture based since RIM somehow figured out how to do a gesture based graphical environment that doesn't feel like a useless gimmick

But yet you folk "dying for a true innovation" didn't even notice it so RIM abandoned it in favour of Android.
As it turns out, carving the slightest piece of the market dominated by Google and Apple to make it self-sustainable is near impossible.
Noone will write software for this dumb trash, so noone will buy this dumb trash because it has no software, and noone will write software for it because noone uses it. You can quote me on that later.

>14,980 have signed.
So close

>clamshell
[cautious optimism intensifies cautiously]

15k isn't very much, and one signature does not equal one sale so companies tend to not care about petitions anyway.

>it's a "microsoft gets ready to abandon another phone in less than a year" episode

JUST STOP

It still is good for a rumor product.

To be honest, the emergence of this petition did indeed bring my hopes down on Surface Phone getting ever released. People acknowledging the rumors of cancellation made me believe into those rumors more. I still have my hope on a release, and not thanks to this petition, nor the silly 15k votes, but I hope that the cancellation rumors were just bogus, and leaks were real.

Even if they were to release it saying "BUY IT ON YOUR OWN RISK", and abandon the project at that moment, I'd prefer it to iOS's atrocity and Android's hideousness.

>oh boy microsoft will definitely begin to waste tens of millions of dollars on this concept render image because we have gathered an arbitrary amount of internet signatures
retards.

how much do they pay you?

There's various microsoft boardroom fights about how they shouldn't push their own hardware.

The phone would cost over $2000. I'm pretty sure only 0.0001% of those signers would be willing to shell that much out for one of them.

Yeah, they pay me a grand each month for promoting the product they apparently have decided to cancel, dumbass.

They already are into it as far as we know, with several patents and some OS work. The rendered image is merely a projection the info being leaked about the Surface Phone at works, with a touch of whoever drawn it. The petition does not aim to make Microsoft start working on it, but continue working on it, hoping that they already are in an advanced stage, as much as releasing it within this year.

>as much as releasing it within this year
Not going to happen.

Lumia 950 had cost me $550 2 years ago. I wouldn't expect it to be 4 times of that, maybe 3.

We'll see m8

If this is true Microsoft would kill the phone market if the phone/tablet runs full windows 10 then Android and iOS would be btfo of the galaxy

I was laughing my ass off, remembering how I fucking hated the """flagship""" Lumia 930.
Never again.

Also, I'm laughing twice as hard at all the regards that believed Microsoft would ever release the Surface phone after all the lies about "Upgrade to Win10" and other bullshit.

Look, I prefer desktop over mobile all the way, but
>Windows 10
No.

Attached: regards.jpg (620x413, 43K)

The domination would begin with the 10% of the computer users of the world who love Windows 10, continue with the remaining 10% userbase of Windows 10, all within two years.

Rest depends on how Microsoft manages it.

>after all the lies
Do you just make up lies in your head or something?

Are you serious?
They promised that all 8.1(if not earlier) devices will be eligible for upgrade to 10. By the end it was "only selected devices that have 1Gb+ ram". And even then they dropped some phones like 1520 and even my """flagship""" Lumia 930. Got it semi-officially through the "update advisor", which meant limited feature set (no phone recorder, for example) and with no ability to recent it through PC.
And that's on top of killing all the Lumia software and turning it into shitty chink-level knock offs. Worst offenders were Lumia camera -> Microsoft camera and the absolute shit to which they turned "Here drive" (Microsoft Maps).
And even that's on top of broken DEFAULT software, such as broken calendar tiles (that lagged a couple days behind the actual date) and terrible Outlook mail.

I have a story about Outlook mail. I got tickets to a concert in church. The QR code was outside the fucking message area in Outlook. I've opened it in Outlook on my girlfriend's iPhone and it showed correctly. Then I had similar experience with more "broken" mail.
Fuck Microsoft phones.

Here, look at picrel.
You can still see 1520 in this list.
They changed the promise multiple times after that too.

Attached: Screenshot_20180712-212047.png (1080x1920, 807K)

Only the upgrade was a 'promise' though, everything else is just general vague complaints. You can't even back up the shit you're talking about.

What OS would it run?

>Only the upgrade was a 'promise' though,
That's exactly what I said in . Re-read it if you don't believe me.
>Can't back up
You mean like in ?
Or like picrel?

I don't know if you are paid shill or what, but the experience was absolute garbage and was deteriorating fast.

Attached: Screenshot_20180712-224201.png (1080x1920, 324K)

>change.org petition

Attached: hahaha.jpg (940x613, 33K)

tfw sailfishos is the only good phone OS

It's not a phone you fucking moron.

And I thought /v/'s petitions were retarded

Can't wait for Microsoft to get bored of this phone and scrap it

what's the point of a windows phone

No apps >windows phone again

fuck off shill.

>all the lies
Implies multiple lies. There was only one. Feel free to try again, this time with multiple lies.

i was jerking off