Just yesterday I was given a van-load of E-waste from a tech repair store in my area for free...

Just yesterday I was given a van-load of E-waste from a tech repair store in my area for free. He even drove it to my house. Right now I tested to see if the Dell OptiPlex GX1 and Dell monitor he gave me works... and indeed it does! But no mouse and keyboard. I'll have to get them.

It's running Windows 2000 Professional. I haven't used Windows 2000 in an eon. Can someone tell me what I can do on it? What classic games can I play? And should I keep it or resell online? They are both in great cosmetic condition.

Attached: 3348284535_00cb26990d_b.jpg (1024x768, 560K)

Selling them is dumb as shipping will cost a lot and they aren't worth that much to begin with.
The best upgrade you can do is swapping the hard drive with an ide to msata adaptor off aliexpress with a modern ssd.
If I remember correctly the video card in that machine is slow as fuck, so you can only use it for dos games. Still, there are a plenty of really fun ones, so you'll still have plenty of fun. Enjoy your new computer!

eBay is full of "retro" systems and this include these dell systems. Depending on the Dell OptiPlex model it will have an ATI or Intel graphics built in. As for these PII/PIII systems with the Slot CPUs there is an AGP slot.

But still a nice machine to play around with. I got a Dell PII XPS in the closet along with a PowerMac G4 that I'm going to be digging out soon to play around with.

It's an Intel Pentium III.

Try and sell it on Craigslist, lot's of collectors would love to have it. Selling a power mac g4 right now for $50 because the HDD is faulty. Would love to get it working but I don't care enough.

But before you sell that fuck around with some classic games. I played Half Life 1 on an old optiplex I got a few months ago and it was pretty fun on a CRT.

Attached: pc.png (1466x822, 1.88M)

>But before you sell that fuck around with some classic games. I played Half Life 1 on an old optiplex I got a few months ago and it was pretty fun on a CRT.
That's exactly my ambition user.

Also among the the E-waste dump yesterday was a scrapped out iMac from 2006. Just the LCD and glass was missing. But inside the MOBO, power board, speakers, disk drive, wifi board, fan+heatsink, and peripheral board is intact. I wonder if I can sell or refurbish that..

Attached: IMG_20180712_192138.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

Nice find, I'd try and fix it up and sell it. You could probably get some good money out of it and it's pretty fun. Restoring PC's and reselling is a good hobby. Got a ton of old Dell's for free and worked on all of them to resell.

It isn't worth repairing as there's nothing you can do on it. Old macs are useless in the modern world.

Not true ignore this user.

What exactly should I focus on restoring? Another user suggested trying a method ti install a SSD. I understand the video card in this model is "a distaster".

Yeah an SSD is a good idea.

>filthy carpet
>meme keyboard
>wireless mouse
>shitheisers pugged directly into computer
so this is the state of Jow Forums

Who cares. Get back when you get an Amiga or SGI machine for free.

Sun Ultra2s are getting pretty pricey again.

These parts are just put together for testing PC's. This is where I have everything set up normally.

Attached: meme.png (1099x823, 1.63M)

I thought that was the inside of a fridge initially.

Ahh much better user, autistic rage satiated

Euro coins? Where you living?

MYST
Command and Conquer
Warcraft

Nah burgerfag here. Those are just some pennies and dimes.

Ahh that's cool too.

Attached: 1531092369045-b.jpg (648x1040, 55K)

Who cares about shitty model Suns.

>Ultra2
>shitty
That shit was supported well into Solaris10.