Whats the consensus on liquid cooling? is it worth it...

Whats the consensus on liquid cooling? is it worth it? i dont know alot about computers but I want to get it mainly because I just think it looks cool. does it actually make a difference in terms of how your computer runs though?

Attached: full-4A.jpg (1200x800, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

l3p.nl/projects/l3peau/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What you refer to as "liquid cooling" is really just air cooling with liquid transport, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it air plus liquid.

>dont know alot about computers but I want to get it mainly because I just think it looks cool
into /v/ you go gaymer

ok thanks, does it actually make that much of a difference versus not having it? what exactly does it make better? you can run your shit on higher speed longer?

pros:
- looks cool

cons:
- is retarded

As someone who has done a bunch of custom loops now, I can tell you that for most circumstances, custom liquid cooling isn't worth it. But it depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Generally you're going to have to make compromises.

Balancing price, performance, noise, looks, and ease of use all at once is very difficult, even if you're experienced.

I can only justify the cost of my PC by the fact that it's my hobby.

I thought it reduced noise?

you are getting memed on but here are the facts:

1) the radiator in a liquid cooling loop can be placed anywhere, unlike a heat sink which must go directly on the CPU

2) a liquid cooler can push air directly out of the case instead of pushing air around inside of the case

3) a liquid cooler can remove heat much faster than an air cooler

4) the performance of an air cooler is already more than enough, liquid cooling is unnecessary

Attached: xhow-to-build-water-cooling-pc.jpg.pagespeed.ic.lwiFZXBsUj.jpg (509x382, 59K)

No. It looks cool, yes, but it's very expensive, and it turns any routine job you'd perform on your PC (changing a GPU, whatever) into an ordeal. And it could leak and destroy EVERYTHING.

I think you all forget what happens when the temperature of the water starts to increase after a few hours of workloads, minimizing water cooling benefits

depends on the number and size of the fans, same as air cooling.

It looks cool but isn't worth it. I've had better temps with my evo 212 in an amd fx 4100 than one of my friends has had with his liquid cooling on his i7-something while running the same game

that's bullshit, the water changes temperature immediately.

makes no diference in how it runs a 60$ cpu fan and stock GPU fans on 75% will give you the same performance.

watercooling mostly made sense from like 2000-2006 but since core2duo its just been for looks.

if you want silent computer drill a hole in the wall and run it in another room. (or stream it to a external device if you rent or some thing)

watercooling isn't silent pump makes loads of noise and people who say it doesn't don't know what noise is.

basically only reason you should consider watercooling in 2018 is if your building a micro case that cant fit a good aircooler but can cram in a small AIO watercooler into a odd space.

using a AIO or custom loop in a large case is literally retarded on modern hardware and just showing off.

if you want it because it looks cool you may as well spend 1000$ on it and a nice case and fittings and blocks and stuff go ahead make a cool looking computer but don't bother doing a budjet watercooling build thinking its optimal its not its just for looks. 50deg on water compared to 70deg on air for a gpu makes no difference and on CPU the temps are literally the same.

and considering you can make optimal gaming performance computer with a i3 8350k (4core) oc to 5.5ghz on air and a 980ti vmod and overclocked to almost 1080ti speeds for about 1000$ build cost you literally will be paying double the cost of your build just to have it watercooled so consider that.. would you buy your computer twice just so it looks cooler? I would not but maybe you are not me.

Pumps make noise. You can make a very quiet liquid cooled build with high performance, but you need to know what you're doing.

>Whats the consensus on liquid cooling?
It's enough bother that it's only worth it if you are doing extreme overclocking.

So you don't know what a radiator is?

You still need fans and you also need a pump.

That said, you could over spec your fans and radiator which would allow you to run your fans a lot slower and generate a lot less noise.

Overpriced. If you got a decent airflow case, Noctua air cooler is better.

If you have to ask...

you will reach a thermal equilibrium after a few hours, depending on how much heat your radiator removes and how much the cooled components produce.

So the coolant temp should balance to something like 30-40°C if you have enough cooling ablity.

If you plan to OC and are building a large PC with dual GPU’s, then it’s useful and looks cool. Otherwise, a full tower works well with fans .. (get a water cpu cooler though, it’s a lot better... you could get custom cool looking ones, or the black tubed Corsair ones for around 100$ dual fanned )

If you want to see insane water cooling though, this dude .. omg

l3p.nl/projects/l3peau/

Attached: 18C0ED25-E82A-41D3-ACD2-B94D466FF091.jpg (1200x801, 104K)

>1) the radiator in a liquid cooling loop can be placed anywhere, unlike a heat sink which must go directly on the CPU

Having the fan in the middle of the case causes the least amount of noise.
Which is where the CPU generally is so that's great.

>2) a liquid cooler can push air directly out of the case instead of pushing air around inside of the case
Get a case with non-utter-dogshit (TM) airflow .

Unless you're overclocking you probably won't need one.

Has the failure rate gone lower than it was some years ago with the new models ? I remember seeing countless post about how their builds started leaking of breaking during early 2016

240mm or larger or bust

>$1,000+ for a bunch of fittings and pumps and EK are jews
not worth it

Idk its not very worth it. Its only for aesthetic. If you want actual cooling just put a d15 or a clc on it

I use a hyper 212 evo and my cpu hovers at around 22-28 degrees celsius. I've never found liquid coolers to be necessary.