Justify piracy

Justify piracy

Attached: PirateBayBLOCKED.png (702x336, 222K)

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/mpaa-banned-from-using-piracy-and-theft-terms-in-hotfile-trial-131129/).
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Corporations are shit

First tell me why it's "wrong" in the first place

Justify anti-piracy

nobody is getting hurt.

100% doesn't go to crew and creators and working staff. most goes to corporations that promoted the music/video

idc to support them so nobody should get my money.

>Owning numbers

Attached: 3ef7b7e817c0a6df0acd3b9dc2868fc64b259da8d1cba75c73481ea0cf32d8b2-b.jpg (500x333, 35K)

I don't need to justify anything

It distributes information more easily.

Legitimate customers can get locked out from their products by broken DRM

ownership in excess of what you need is a sin

Helping them not get any richer or they'll spend more time in hell

I'm poor as shit and need a relief from this hellhole otherwise I'm throwing myself down a train.

I wouldn't pay for your shit if I had to

Attached: 1521430044102.jpg (320x320, 21K)

1. To play old games without some scalper charging an arm and a leg for it
2. Data preservation, physical media doesn't last forever

i live in eastern Europe :^)

No.

I don't have money.

Government doesn't leave me with enough money to purchase shit.

They take all my money to give to welfare fucks. They aren't thieves, they legally take my fucking money.

There is no justification for piracy. Just do it anyway.

I'm creating demand

Attempting to bypass DRM to backup a movie when the DVD dies is just as illegal as piracy.

Publishers often refer to copying they don't approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don't believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

A US judge, presiding over a trial for copyright infringement, recognized that “piracy” and “theft” are smear words (torrentfreak.com/mpaa-banned-from-using-piracy-and-theft-terms-in-hotfile-trial-131129/).

Attached: 1431257660022.png (280x270, 41K)

Attached: 1-7589fdccdb7b43f9379cfacd34d74cc5-Microshaft Winblows 98 - Splash.png (640x480, 142K)

I work for a fortune 50 company, having seen how God awfully fucking cheap they are and poor business decisions made. I support anything that benefits me and doesn't harm them in the slightest.

The current system of copyright enables an entrenched establishment of rightsholders to profit from intellectual property, incentivizes acquisition of rights instead of the creation of novel works, privileges the rightsholder at the expense of the author, and gives rise to the restriction rather than propagation of dissemination. Piracy is not a disease, it is a symptom.

I believe that you should be able to pay after consuming the content and deciding if it's worth paying for.

im not willing to pay for it.

I'll start buying content when it's actually easier to buy it and it doesn't require streaming to my device to watch it. I want to download my movies because my ISP is awful and inconsistent.

downloading a torrent is easier than streaming netflix for me.

I have enough money to pay for the content I watch/listen to, and when it's convenient to do so, I do pay for it.

Why? I do whatever the fuck I want. Why would I need to justify it?

justify giant companies that take 90% of the profits on the back of programmers and designers who tore their ass on that

Is done over the high seas.

By the way, copying is not theft.

Attached: Aaron-Swartz.jpg (594x416, 61K)

I don't have to

>justify binary

It's an individual's moral obligation to not support shitty companies.

It's right to take anything that isn't properly locked down.

Remember telling jokes? Remember how you'd hear a joke and then retell it? Imagine if you had to pay the person who had told you the joke every time you told it to someone. People wouldn't be telling jokes and we'd all be poorer for it.

If they don't want it stolen, they shouldn't make it

Justify the necessary laws to stop me.

I'm a Communist

Trump is a genius for not paying his taxes

I'm a genius for not paying for my software

Sharing is caring

/thread

It's just sharing.

Software can be duplicated with two clicks and therefore has no true value.
Real life resources are limited which gives them value.
You shouldn't have to pay for any software.

If I paid for most of the media I consume, the money would be used against me. I only support something if I especially like it or think it's going to a good cause.

It's more convenient and DRM-free.

LET MY DATA BE FREE

It's comfy

literary, unironically, non-figuratively, as an eastern european who can download whatever i want, with no legal consequences, not directly subsidizing subversive burgershit and their globalist zhid handler corporations who promote, make money, shift power and collective consciousness through various forms of decadence ('degeneracy')?

taxation is theft
there are 30% tax on each movie/song/movie you buy

justify taxes
then we might talk

Didn't Pirate Bay come out with a statement that anyone who uses a website has to consent to the fact that they WILL use you for crypto mining?

They said either block the script with adblock or don't use the website.

It's free

I don't need to

>a jew wanting to fight the (((system)))
oy vey!

Byte streams can be considered munitions as well as speech. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

all we are are 0s and 1s in the wind bro

Coporations are evil and if they could get away with it would have innocent people killed if it meant getting an extra 5% profit in the latest quarter. They only people who aren't getting screwed are the CEOs and executives, who are treat these companies like their personal piggy banks, so why should we feel bad for taking a few scraps?

Don't worry, the system made him kill himself. Can't have regular jews undermining those that have all the power.

I don't care about anyone else but myself and other anti-zionists or animals

define
>regular jews

>Justify piracy

There is no objective morality so I don't need to justify shit.

Copying is not theft, you have not stolen anything, if you copy a piece of paper that has been purchased by someone, you have not stolen the original.
Fuck off.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-07-10 at 8.34.38 PM.png (284x230, 75K)

it's a consumer choice Chaim :^)

Aaron Swartz

Games are the waste of time

the original developers have already been paid. The corporation does not deserve any income because of "licensing" or "publishing"

Fuck cooperation. I'd pay the devs and designers directly if I could.

I like free shit.

Attached: LaTVQ4Q.png (2518x1024, 320K)

>It seems to me, that in the rare occasion where the right course is committing an act of piracy, then an act of piracy is the right course!
Walt Disney corp. said that, not me.

Attached: Weatherby_Swann.jpg (474x461, 100K)

Piracy is one of the tools that our modern society have to level the inequality and keep it stable.
By granting, to the vast majority of people that do not have enough to invest in entertainment, access to it, piracy helps to keep a certain quality of life considered to be acceptable, and prevent those people to rebel against the 1% elite, destroying the society that we know.

>Implying that those that can't afford entertainment aren't also living off of welfare, free healthcare, etc.

It's the middle class that would rebel against 1%, not the poor. They are well taken care of.

If food could simply be copied, and you had practically infinite amounts of it.
Would it still be reasonable to charge people money for the food?

Attached: 11711616.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

1. Fuck you
2. It's none of your business anyways

It's free

Cause fuck it's there already so why the fuck not? More serious note: Cause some popular/rare shows that are no longer broadcast have zero chance of proper dvd/blu-ray release or available on any stream service due to various legal issues holding shit up. or due to political bullshit. Case in point: Seven Days, show ran for 3 seasons from 1998 - 2001. Very popular. But both CBS and Paramount own it. Then you got the political angle; some ep showcased acts of terror which in today's climate is a big no no (one ep showed a plane slamming into the White House)

Microsoft won't sell me a Windows 7 license.

Thoughts?

Attached: this-is-a-gaming-pc-setup-you-can-play-all-the-games-you-want.jpg (736x763, 98K)

Thoughts??

Attached: 1231231.jpg (736x763, 156K)

My boss already appropriates a portion of my labor to his gain via violence. If I can get a product for free or stripped of always online bullshit I will.

I love free stuff

not really, software take time and resources to make therefore it has value
only if you allow people to copy and paste relentlessly it loses value

no

copying=/=theft

>his gain via violence
tell me your story

>Justify piracy
Piracy is a service problem. If it's easier and more convenient for you to buy stuff than pirate it, then you will buy it.
Sadly, most content providers go along the way of DRM and making pirating harder, rather tahn making their service better so that piracy can't compete with it.

Netflix, Steam etc. etc. all showed that people will pay for shit if it's easy and convenient for them to do so. Hell, Steam even knows that regional differences in income mean that some countries should get their games at lower prices so that they don't pirate it.

Basically, if you want to sell shit:
1) Make it universally available.
2) Make the payment both easy and convenient (not requiring registration, not requiring personal information, accept literally every form of payment etc. etc.)
3) Sell it at prices that people are willing to pay for it. You can get away with selling stuff at higher prices for first-worlders, but you should set lower prices for third-worlders.

No. Time is a concept.
We shouldn't have to pay for the fact that you wanted to make something. If you expect money, don't develop software.
Still no value.

I live in a country with

there is alot of stuff i can do without justifying it because i can

well while Netflix, Steam is a pretty convenient service people still pirate game and tv serries
many westerners are afraid to pirate because of the law
my cousin in Germany got fined 5000 Euro because he download some stupid shit
i feel u user

Don't
you will cause a delay

>well while Netflix, Steam is a pretty convenient service people still pirate game and tv serries
Simply because it's STILL more convenient to torrent popular shit than it is to buy it. You just download torrent file/magnet link, launch it, and wait for like 20 minutes.
But remember all those DL-links piracy sites? Remember all those rapidshare/mega.nz piracy repositories?
They are practically extinct nowadays, and the ones that still exist either are niche and small-time (thus making it impossible to sustain them purely via torrents), or get mirrored to torrents immediately.

Hell, I was looking for a pirated version of LISA RPG about two months ago (needed to take a look at how the new version of RPG Maker handles some stuff from it), and I couldn't find a single decent place to download it from, neither torrents, nor DL, so I caved in and bought it on Steam.
It was released less than 4 years ago. It received critical acclaim and all that shit, so you'd think there would be some people seeding the torrents. But, nope, the torrents are fucking dead.

Intellectual property is neither intellectual nor propetry.
It is state enforced artificial scarcity without concern for culture, science, the market, or any real forces beyond the profit of the few.
Repairing the great damage it has done to everything is far more important than the wellbeing of people who chose professions poorly.

Justify IP laws luditte

I enjoy free entertaiment with no repercussions

this

Not everyone deserves the money they gain, because capitalism is an unjust system

Capitalism is just, the incest relationship between state and corporations is anti-capitalist
IP laws are anti-capitalism

>you have exclusive monopolist rights to this land just because you either got there first or killed the original occupants without anyone else noticing or caring
>just
nope

I don't care enough to watch or play anything to even bother pirating anymore

Attached: 1526599325542.png (796x502, 621K)

>dude you can't own things lmao