How did he achieve the perfectly silent computer? I want to make one too

How did he achieve the perfectly silent computer? I want to make one too.

Attached: firefox_2018-07-12_23-55-43.png (638x470, 357K)

Reminder that he uses a Macbook Air.

He used to, he gave it to his kids. He obviously realised it was a children's toy

Can't find the damn part of the interview where he said his computer doesn't make the slightest noise, to avoid getting him out of his extreme autistic focus.

Passive cooling on everything. SSDs/cloud instead of HDD. After that you'll be able to hear only electrical chokes on your gpu during heavy load

his desk is actually pretty shit really

Well he has said he hardly uses any of his laptops unless he's traveling which is why he liked the Macbook Air...running Linux.

Through hentai.

Attached: oh linus.png (520x347, 375K)

Buy a fanless laptop. Done.

Attached: audiowhyle.jpg (1280x853, 321K)

I think that desk is mounted on a running machine which he probably uses to walk why working. Did he take the standing desk to the next level? The walking desk?

Yes.

No fans and no hard drives. It's not rocket science user.

>no hard drives
The fuck?

>forgets SSDs exist

easy.

No harddrives, exclusively using noctua fans.

this man must have hip flexors of steel. I gotta try this.

no moving parts? really not that hard

run some tubes outside with a radiator and attach the tubes to everything if you want actual hardware..
or just get garbage shit that doesn't get hot if not

wow

passive cooling dingus(or peltier if you have a collapsed skull)

>Reminder that he uses a Macbook Air.
Yes, running Fadora.

put the tower in another room, drill some holes in the wall, basta

damn check out those washboard abs

i have my desktop in my closet it helps a lot

>Buy an I7 laptop
>install linux
>Use it only for writing code and web browsing

It will be totally silent.

>the creator of the Linux kernel uses a plain battlestation without swag, multi monitors and FLAC music. Also, he uses Fedora with GNOME

how can Archfags will recover?

/shrugs

I put an 8" PVC line in the ground when we put the geothermal in a few years ago just for the computer. Water pump cools my PSU, CPU and GPU. SSD's make no noise. Air around it keeps everything else cool with no fans. Bonus : the ground cools the coolant to about 14c, so I can over clock easier than I could before on regular air.

lol no

Attached: macbooks for the kids.jpg (857x856, 179K)

Because compiling doesn't use the CPU, right

poor sneks

I hate you faggots so much
you get the luxury of silence when I have to hear the tinnitus buzzing 24/7.

Get over yourself. Fans are loud. Silemce is a meme

Put the case onto a big mattress with a hole for the cables
Then put a big polypropylene box over the case onto the mattress
Make sure the box doesn't touch the case

This made my PC inaudible

I bet he plugs an ipod into it.

Try Acoustic Coordinated Reset Neuromodulation

HILOOO THIS IS LEENOUS TORRRVALTDZ AND I PRONOUNCE LEENOUX AS LINEEOUX

>I know how to pronounce a Swedish name better than a Swedish speaker

NICE HENTAI FORT
(ME IN THE BACK)

T H I C C

>Swedish
UMMM

Attached: swedenyes finlandno.jpg (1016x1117, 224K)

Most robust operating system my ass.
>t. seL4 and Genode fanboy

Linus is Finnish, you fedora overlord.

Literally retarded

>Linus Benedict Torvalds (/ˈliːnəs ˈtɔːrvɔːldz/;[5] Swedish: [ˈliːn.ɵs ˈtuːr.valds] s a Finnish-American software engineer.

>His family belongs to the Swedish-speaking minority.

in his Ted talk nigger

Same way dyson fans are bladeless even though they have blades

It doesn't make it Swedish, mongrel.
You believe that Kafka was german because he was a german-speaking kike too? He was Czech and the same goes to Linus. He's finnish for all important stuff.

He did all of that while maintaining a 2 video a day youtube channel? What fucking pro! But honestly, what the hell did he even need those tampons for?

Can't you just thunderbolt away your desktop to a different room with almost no latency penalty?

put the tower in the closet, run some cables, done. wew

The shill know as Linus Sebastian did that with pretty good results, senpai.

Found the finnigger

Again, literally retarded. I never said he was Swedish (which is -arguably- true, since there's even a party in Finland for ethnic Swedes), retard, I said he is a Swedish speaker, something beyond discussion:

>I know how to pronounce a Swedish name better than a Swedish speaker

he's fennoswede retard

You just tried to correct him like an insufferable cunt and got BTFO. Accept it.

>fractal design r4, no window
>1 intake, 1 exhaust noctua fan at 5V
>Nhu-14S cpu cooler at 600rpm
Quiet as fuck.
I used to run 2.5" 5,400 RPM drives but they got louder over time ~4-5 years so I've gone full SSD.

Underpowered, passively cooled hardware.

No. :^)

There are low-end desktops that have purely passive cooling. I have one that's intended to be used as a thin client.
You can also get a laptop that doesn't put out much heat and keep the fan off unless the temperature gets too high.

>They let the curtain touch the cable
How is this okay?

LINUX IS NOT A SWEDISH NAME

IT IS MINIX WITH L FOR LINUS SWAPPED IN FOR THE M

MINIX WAS CREATED IN AMSTERDAM, SO YOU CAN SAY ITS A DUTCH NAME

NOW WHT FGGT

Attached: dra.jpg (720x728, 28K)

What the fuck is this?

whats that

>uses youtube-dl

>How did he achieve the perfectly silent computer?
Macs! That's his secret.

>Linus Torvalds told Tech World in a recent 2015 interview why he uses a macbook.

>"it just works", Linus said, and added:

>"PC is dead, and it doesn't even realize it. How many people do you see with an old dell clunker these days? Thought so. PC might have a use in some fringe cases but for the average Joe it's all about Apple. And I've grown to like their products over the years."

>"The age of the PC has passed just like the age of the desktop. It's all about modern design, skillfully chosen components and a kick-ass, cloud based network.

Attached: 1504130919177.png (849x1625, 515K)

no moving parts
are you retarded?

This is faker than your mother's breasts.

NOT EVEN WRONG BUT THEN

>and a kick-ass, cloud based network
OH NO NONONONONO

>Linus Torvalds had wanted to call his invention "Freax", a portmanteau of "free", "freak", and "x" (as an allusion to Unix). During the start of his work on the system, some of the project's makefiles included the name "Freax" for about half a year. Torvalds had already considered the name "Linux", but initially dismissed it as too egotistical.[43]

>In order to facilitate development, the files were uploaded to the FTP server (ftp.funet.fi) of FUNET in September 1991. Ari Lemmke, Torvalds' coworker at the Helsinki University of Technology (HUT), who was one of the volunteer administrators for the FTP server at the time, did not think that "Freax" was a good name. So, he named the project "Linux" on the server without consulting Torvalds.[43] Later, however, Torvalds consented to "Linux".

Protip: His kids are adults

Save of the MILLENNIUM

them electrical chokes are your PSU not your gpu get a better psu

Will there ever be a passively cooled GPU that isn’t a giant hulking aircraft carrier?

based finns

audiophile cables...
some dude made a few as jokes, audiophiles bought them, and he still makes them even today I think

All finns are basically swedish at this point.

A truly noiseless computer can only be built by foregoing moving parts (fans, drives, etc.).
I had one years ago but it got too hot in the summer. Now I always have at least two fans (front and back).

Attached: NOFAN_cr-95c_copper_410.jpg (410x399, 66K)

Just because he was born in Czech doesn't make him so you insufferable cumguzzler. His parents were German migrantshits, he wrote everything in German and although he took voluntary Czech lessons he still considered it his SECOND language. He was German first, Czech second.
t. Czechfag

>horrible scrren
Isn't retina display one of the main pros for mac?

Glossy garbage.

macbook airs do not have retina screens. only macbooks and macbook pros do.

Nah, he had the 11" 1366x768 air. Should've at least gone for the 13" 1440x900

heres mine

Attached: IMG_20180518_000722.jpg (3968x2240, 2.03M)

That looks sick dude.

those are the snakes they make their oil from

mineral oil cooling is not silent. A fish tank full of liquid stores a lot of heat but it can't dissipate it well. You need a pump, radiators and fans to actually dissipate the heat.

>only the kernel
>has inflated to 500 times it's original size

Lol dont tell me how oil submerged computers work.
I got some huge heatsinks and glued them with thermal adhesive on the whole backside of the tank.
Then I slapped a 200mm fan on there which is basically silent because its very slow.
Does the trick, 42°C max.

He also complained that Debian was too hard to install.

Nibber, what are you doing? How is your hardware still not dead?

Also, how much did this total meme cost?

Actually a Dell XPS13

what about coil wine?

it's oil, not water

The oil, heatsinks, deco, fish tank, bubble pump etc cost about $350

Interesting. Some people spend way more than that on just regular water cooling.
Any problems that you personally faced while running the system?

How does a turboautist like linus even get a gf, let alone get married and have kids?

This has not been true for years now. He also never used OS X since he's making his own and has even publicly criticized Apple for their horrible OS. The only reason he liked that laptop was because it was small and lightweight, something which is very common these days. He has switched laptops at least twice after that and is using Dell XPS 13 now. His own words were "there are better laptops now" when referring to the Mac.

Laptops aren't even his primary computers, he only takes them when traveling and doesn't want to be burdened by the weight or size of it.

Why is he so jewish? Can't he afford a better laptop? Something like the new carbon thinkpad would surely be better than a fucking Vaio.

He put the computer in the other room dum-dum, he even said so

That's hilarous considering that audiophiles literally can't tell the difference between speakers wired with the best cables and clothes hangers.

Or you can just put noise insulation around it or move the computer to another room from the display and keyboard.

he thicc

Buy a passively cooled bare bone pc and finish it with some fanless ram and an ssd.

>Kernel
>Operating system

This is what drove Richard Stallman insane.

He also said that everyone in his house runs Fedora.

Vojta, is that you? How have you been doing all these years?