Be careful about what you put on your resume Jow Forums

Be careful about what you put on your resume Jow Forums

Attached: interview.jpg (720x960, 42K)

Wait what?
Can I really request idiots I interview pay me when I find they don't actually know what is on their resume?

pretty sure this is actually illegal in australia and wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on in any other country

PIpe bomb their premises.

I can only hope that the thread which died for this was equally awful.

Can they really require you to pay for that?

>Wix VS Wordpress
yeah it was

blow snot in monopoly dollars and give them that because that shit ain't holdin up in court senpai

The eternal bait.

If took them 2 hours to realize it wasn't that bad.

No.

no, not anywhere, not usa, china, russia, vulcan, middle earth or anywhere else real or fictional. Also lmao at the 'head developer' at 55 per hour.

It's standard practice to bill for the whole time slot even if it would have taken 5 minutes to find out. The reason being that they were theoretically prevented from scheduling a serious applicant and using their time effectively.

Not that any of this would hold up in court.

I'd sue.

Nah, a resume isn't any kind of legally binding document, you can lie out of your ass on it and the absolute worst anyone could do is decline your application and tell their friends in the industry to blacklist you.

If you actually worked as an interviewer, you'd know the answer to this question.

VCAT isn't a court. It's a civil dispute resolution mechanism. It can make binding rulings and award damages. You can take a government department or a company to the VCAT if you have a grievance and can't afford a lawyer.
It was implemented to stop petty disputes from clogging the magistrates' courts.

Its illegal anywhere.

why does the image quality get better each time this is reposted? isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Attached: 1510376841127.jpg (1257x307, 73K)

this is illegal.

>rebekah
>owner
leave it to a woman to not know how labor laws work.

Got a degree in law. They can try to bullshit me, but Im probably better at it.

A while ago I did the exact opposite of that. I had a job interview and they demanded a birth certificate. I got one and then they cancelled the interview. So I asked my money back, which they gave me.

Of course not, asshole.

big if true

Oy vey

>It's fake
>Rebekah stronk womyn used up 120 minutes until she realized that the dude lied on his resume

Which is funnier?

Attached: 1524367251252.jpg (249x249, 14K)

Why the fuck are there so many job posts? I want summer to fucking end.

lol it's their own fault if HR didn't screen you out.

Grats for falling for it, dumb frogposter.

based

this makes me want to stretch the truth more, there's nothing they can do but reject me. but on the off chance they fall for it I get a job and I've always been able to learn things under pressure

I don't even put my real name on a resume.

Only farm animals and other subjugated cubicle dwelling urban commuters send resumes to those fat human resources women whose entire understanding of assessment comes from watching American Idol, choosing people to invite to a dinner party, and pledging a sorority.

>the majority of the posters in this thread are dumb enough to believe this is real
What happened to this site?

Settle down, gramps. You'll give yourself a hernia.

we go along with bait now, it's more fun that way

Only stupid people get high DPS from this aggro.

OHH SAY CAN YOU SEE

No one calls it bait anymore. That's so streets behind.

it's from australia ya dip

This is a murika!

Attached: moran-sign.jpg (337x430, 20K)

Extortion is illegal. They just opened themselves up to literal prosecution with that letter.

Which part of that situation/letter do you see as extortion?

An old thread, but a classic

>there was no indication that they would bill for the interview
>threatening legal action for money that was never part of any written or implied contract
there's a countersuit in there, and I haven't even glanced at the LSAT

The Jow Forums Party Planning Committee's recycling program is being revamped after today's aggro got them a spanking.

It's phrased as a request - a sort of invitation with an ultimatum. There is plenty of posturing but I doubt it would be classified as extortion.

>if/then
that's not a request. that's "pay us or we'll ___"

(((Rebekah)))

Yeah I got caught in a similar way in a phone interview when they asked me about my java experience from my resume and I drew a blank and said nothing because I hadnt used java in like 8 years at that point, and only used it in a fucking highschool CS course

They use the word "requesting" in the letter. The "or else" is to request third party resolution. It's just posturing; there is no explicit threat. The inconvenience and embarrassment of being "called out" is just part of the dispute. If it turns out that the company made a mistake in their assessment of the person's understanding of Erlang, he might have a counter suit for the embarrassment and harassment of it all but that almost certainly wouldn't be worth the cost of the fight.

This is actually not that rare in the UK, it happens from time to time.

In the US we cut out the person's tongue so they can't lie anymore.

I dont know how I feel about this.

Honestly, since anyone could just lie on their resume there should be some kind of penalty for outright false claims. Someone says they have masters but the dont, etc.

Liability for honesty and truthfulness in the presentation of knowledge and understandings? Almost no part of US society is set up for that and about 90% of humanity wouldn't survive a system like that.

Most people are a bunch of retarded fucking animals.

I have a masters degree
> doesnt really have a masters degree

Yea, society is burning as we speak.

>rebekah

Depending on the jurisdiction, falsely claiming to hold a degree can be illegal.
I would assume that lying in your application is sufficient cause to be terminated almost anywhere.

In the US if you lie its almost always in a contract that you can be terminated. But, it doesnt say that you can be sued for losses in time, etc.

>society is burning as we speak
Don't get hysterical, skro. It will probably work out okay.

Checked.
I think you're trolling, but I'll give a serious response.
Someone learns hello world, basic loops, basic math, and concatenation in Rust. They say they have "Experience with Rust".
Now you, the person reading this resume, see a line that says "Experience with Rust".
Are your expectations the same as theirs? Surely you would expect the things they pointed out. Would you then expect more, like IO operations, linked lists, and implementations of Dijkstra's algorithm? This is the problem this faggot here is pointing out. There is no definition for "Experience with x" or "Skilled with x" or any other one of these ways to represent your knowledge about a subject.
Maybe the faggot in the picture was the junior developer on a team for a distributed system that didn't use Erlang, and he learned Erlang on his own, so he put on his resume "experienced engineer of distributed systems" and the dumb interviewers assumed he meant Erlang. We don't know, and the faggot could still justifiably say that on their resume.

One simpler example in case you're that dense.
Imagine a company with 1 employee. That person is CEO, Head Developer, Head of Accounts, Head of Sales, CFO, CIO, Senior Purchasing Director, COO, and Web Team Lead Developer. All of these things are eligible to go on a resume.

It was bait back then, too.
>Rebekah

>linked lists, and implementations of Dijkstra's algorithm
this has nothing to do with rust

I always promise conservatively and overdeliver.

I start with slightly lower initial salaries, but I get much larger and frequent raises.

Lol as if a resume has any actual legal value to it.

We already had this thread multiple times, yes this is absolutely illegal.