Cheap Laptops

Are they ever worth buying?

I once bought a $300 HP Laptop for studies in 2015, and after a few months, it became slow as hell with the CPU running at a constant 100%. Do all cheap laptops like this suffer from poor design quality that results in the CPU melting? Is it just an HP thing or should I be looking to purchase above a certain price threshold?

Attached: 3me42pa-1.jpg (992x558, 75K)

>Jow Forums so poor they can only afford a $300 laptop and hope it lasts them 10 years

HAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHA. How you niggas even eat.

What you described has been an HP thing for the last 15 years or more.

There's nothing wrong with inexpensive laptops. I recently picked one up for about $340, slapped an M.2 SSD in there and gave it as an extremely well-received home PC gift.

$300 laptop that used to be $1500 >>>>>> $300 new laptop in current year

Actually I only needed it for a year, but it didn't even last beyond a few months.

My current workstation cost $3500 to build.

IMO expensive laptops are a meme
99.9% of what you will be doing will not be resource taxing at all
And if you do something that is truely taxing like video transcoding or gayming, you really should use a proper desktop/whatever

Also windows 10 rapes your low end harddrives

Well the cheap one I bought was only ever used for Internet and programs like word and excel. The CPU fried within months.

Hell yeah
The 15 inch ones with generic hardware and 2 storage slots are GOAT if you're looking for a device that you can connect to a monitor at home and take with you.

Are you sure?

Look into getting a refurb T440. It will be faster and better.

Based on?

get a refurbised thinkpad on ebay for $170

Need a dvd optical drive.

A used 5-year-old mid-high-end laptop with a SSD and linux will run circles around whatever "cheap" laptops they're selling today, and also be cheaper.

>after a few months, it became slow as hell with the CPU running at a constant 100%.
do you honestly believe that this was a hardware problem or something that you'd done due to your technical incompetence?

I've had cheap ass laptops like the IdeaPad 100s or thr Asus E203. I love them, but I guess it depends on what you need it for. I mainly write and do basic spreadsheets and web browsing. The plus side with a shit processor is battery life, but it is true they lag a bit fin time to time.

I have never bought a "cheap" laptop. Cheap as in low priced, but running modern low-end chip set. I have bought old thinkpads (running an x220 right now). After getting all a thinkpad can offer for $180, i can't imagine people spending $250 for some cheap, plastic, blue HP laptop. :P

Spending more than $300 on a decent laptop is outrageous.

>it became slow as hell with the CPU running at a constant 100%
stop getting infected with crypto miners
you don't need a strong computer for studying, the laptop would have been fine for everything except if you planned to do some big number crunching or render 3d images or play games

I'd recommend getting all your data off it, then formatting and reinstalling some kind of linux with xfce onto it, it'll be fine, even with low specs

>it became slow as hell with the CPU running at a constant 100%.
you probably got shitware, you tech illiterate nigger.

The cpu didn't melt nigger op you just can't maintain a computer.

pretty sure the t420 - t440 series all have them

i heard that lelnovo announced new cheap laptops with new ryzen apu
anyone link please ?

I have a shit-tier acer that's been running fine since ~2010. What the fuck do you retards do to break your shit? Clean it, slap-on some thermal paste. Done. Or did I luck out?