I miss it bros. so comfy

I miss it bros. so comfy

Attached: IMG_0955.jpg (2370x3199, 3.42M)

What do you mean user? Windows still sprays bits all over the place on spinning disks.

what are the white blocks?

Unallocated blocks

>I miss it bros. so comfy

>10 hours to defrag a 40 GB HDD

I miss nothing about it.

Attached: 1530963876047.png (757x632, 349K)

>that feel when it suddenly skips pages of OK blocks and you're that much closer to the end

I miss the era but not this shit

For me it is ext3, the non-retarded file-system that doesn't need defragging.

The point isn't wanting to defrag, it's not having to the visual. Windows still has to defrag but you don't get to watch it.

I never heard why they got rid of it but my guess is most hdds have too many blocks to display. A 4k screen where every pixel represents a 4kiB represents less than 40GiB.

I was working for a small white box dealer/computer service shop. Of course it was standard procedure to run a disk defrag at the end of the work order; one of our fat lazy ass techs would watch the defrag instead of putting another computer on the bench.
I hated that fat fucker because he got away with it. The boss only made fun of him for doing it, but nothing else.

>having to watch 60,000 squares get defragged as all they all flash from teal to blue

HDDs are boomer technology.

Attached: 1506038594374.jpg (600x450, 33K)

I do not, fuck that.

underages out

Never defragged in my life, what is even the fuking point.

t. 18 year old zoomer

Have been using M$ products ever since DOS 5

remarkably unsafe too. NT's defragmenter is a lot more robust
I don't know how many times I had a restart on the 95 defrag when I thought the disk was idle. it can't handle it.

it is satisfying to see contiguous blocks being placed together though.

I miss early 2000's but not that.

so use defraggler or piriforms defrag or any free utility that isn't shit like windows drfrag

Does Windows 10 still get slower over time? I have a computer that runs like shit now and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to completely prevent modern Windows machines from getting slower over time

ssds dont need to defrag

>Sitting in front of a crt in the evening with a cup of tea, watching blocks move and listening to the game and hard drive clicking as it defrags
It took forever, but man was it comfy

i miss those times man