Raspberry PI

Raspberry Pi

What would you do with one?

Attached: Raspi-PGB001.png (1000x890, 120K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you have to ask, you don't need one.

Stick my dick in it.

I have one, and I did a pocket computer, piece of shit.
I want ideas.

>Requires bash
It's trash.

install gentoo

Use it to run python scripts for my D&D campaign. The two I use the most are a dungeon map generator, and a critical hit roller.

I use mine to control the humidity in my terrarium as well as print current temperature/humidity levels to a screen every 5 seconds.

If you're not going to use the GPIOs it's not for you.

Pihole

I used mine to coreboot my thinkpad x220.

a fart box to keep roasties away

OP here
I need it, I'm studying Eletronic Engineering, I prefer it than an Arduino

Hifi server to stream bitperfect audio to my DAC, accessing my music on my desktop with nfs. Uses better drivers, real time kernel and as it's a pi there's no mechanical noise from fans or disk spins.

I also intent to turn my Pi1 into a docker server to try and learn how that shit works. A tor exit node or bridge also sounds fun.

OpenMediaVault

I'll add that if there's anyone interested in a pi hifi server, there's a distro made specifically for it that comes with a browser UI that accesses the pi and everything called volumio. You can set it up without that, but you need to compile a real time kernel yourself and shit like that. If you wanna be lazy, you can just flash volumio to an SD (not USB) and have it working out of the box.

>What would you do with one?
Build an app for my phone, since I'm not using the GPIO pins.

Why does it need a rt kernel? I always thought it was for midi latency and time sensitive stuff.
Sounds nice though, I'll look into it.

Playing music is also very time sensitive, if you want it bitperfect.

I have 2. Pi 3 as a webcam server and I just bought a Pi Zero W so I can make a computer for my car. Automate the lights and wipers as my car has manual controls for those. It probably won't work well at all, but I'm doing it for the fun

>manga server
>downloads latest chapters
>gets notified through RSS
>creates one .cbz file for every new chapter
>emails me the chapters
>read on my phone using ComicRack

Attach a real time clock and devirtualize my home network 2 domain controllers.

Seedbox

Maybe install Lakka OS or some other shit and make it a dedicated multi emulator gaming thing. Ive never used one and have only used arduino t.b.h

Or you can send notifications (with ifttt app) to your phone. Not spamming your mailbox.

>RSS aggregator.
>Web scraper, which generates RSS feeds for sites without RSS.

But the whole point was to get them in a nice .cbz file. I can always delete the emails after downloading.

You can send notifications with links. You tap the notification and download starting. But I agree if you read a lot of manga, it's better using mails. It's permanent, not like a notification.

Oh shit, I didn't know that. Sorry for being a brainlet and thanks for the info user.

I work for a company that uses Portage & Catalyst to build our product OS. So basically we install Gentoo every day.

>ARM
into the bin

i want to make a mirror calendar that displays a live version of my google calendar

remote pc power adapter with remote control panel.

I use mine for anything that I want to always be on.
PiHole
ZNC
IRC bot
SSH point into my home
Recording the rare stream I care to

I've thought about using it as a mail server as well but holy fuck does it seem to be too much effort. I need more shit to do with it cause it's nowhere near full utilization.

Awesome, did you program that yourself?

the amateurs that infest Jow Forums

the pi = the pc

Most residential ISP ranges are permanently blackholed by the major spam RBLs due to how fucking bad the XP era was for spam botnets.

I got a Chinese clone of pi.
Using for emulation of game consoles.

Attached: 1531429082537.jpg (646x862, 163K)

Attached: 1531429170723.jpg (610x863, 205K)

I haven't completed it yet. It's just what I'd use a Pi for. When I have more expendable income I'll actually finish it.

>python
>speed

Kek

sell it on craigslist

currently using my SBC (not Raspberry Pi) for Nginx, Nextcloud, Samba, MiniLDAP and cgit. It also downloads stuff from my seedbox automatically.

Attached: photo_2018-07-12_18-08-45.jpg (1280x960, 86K)

I bought 2 to practice networking.

Turned on into a retro pi and gave it to my brother

Turned the other into a NAS

Attached: 1523052261817.jpg (1278x720, 951K)

i want to use a raspberry pi 3 b+ as a wifi adapter that plugs in to the ethernet port on my desktop PC, but so far i had no luck, it would be nice to find an embedded img file that does that and only that, and includes a spi iptables firewall and easy to access and configure like a regular router using 192.168.1.1

stick it in the micro sd port

Man I just found out that docker sucks on it. How am I supposed to maintain stable deploy environments!?
Serious question, I spent a stupid amount of time yesterday manually setting environment variables that usually docker automatically sets for me, just to run a python+nginx+mongo application.
Also mongo3 not being supported is also terrible, but another problem entirely.

Creting a Docker swar./Kubernetes cluster of Raspberry pis for hosting a high availability infrastructure

Attached: 1 D8eku0rpklWXhZAQRyCLHg.png (448x600, 354K)

Nice, I wrote a program that only keeps track of chapter releases and sends them to an rss widget on my phone.
Where do you download them from?

OP here
What's the problem with ARM?

Nothing at all, however it doesn't have all the features that x86_64 processors have, for example special chip that helps with encryption/decryption, etc

put in on the shelf to collect dust

Even this is not worth, a orangepi mini from Ali would be cheaper and so the same job

So, what kind of architecture does an ARM have?

I mean....I had the thing for one day and already hit two major roadblocks

That's interesting. Thanks user. May look into it.

>not just making your own dev board with a chip from digikey
I HIGHLY doubt you need a pi for EE

ARMv8 is the latest, I think?

Doing something like that takes some time, and I can fuck up, and I don't have the required equipment, like a Voltage Font, resistors, etc. to even test it.
Doing a CPU it's hard.
OP here, btw

Dump AES for Salsa20 then. Much faster all around and likely to improve with AVX, getting added to TLS1.3 anyway, optimized for more than just x86 etc.

>GUYS!
>guys!
>listen guys!
>hey, listen! guys!
>i just got a raspberrypi!
>i just don't know what to do with

the complete state of Jow Forums

Use it to learn some ARM assembly

Does the raspberry pi 3 model b + make a good platform to watch anime and shitpost online or it's underpowered?
I run an all in one toaster with a a9-9400.

Learn ARM exploitation.

It runs 1080p anime just fine. I don't browse the web on it though.

Volumio

It's not implying python is fast. What's it like having a reading comprehension of a 5 year old?

I've read that web browsing is the one thing Pi's still can't really do. Maybe you could try to offload that to another machine and ssh, idk.

>GUYS!
>I'M AN ALPHAMALE!

Read the thread first then speak.

I would download them directly from niggastream using c# selenium. However, since it's a for fun project, I want to use c++ and do it without selenium.