/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

>Read → → → → → → → → → → →

>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Programming questions?
>Smartphone purchasing advice?
>Windows questions?
Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
pastebin.com/1PcnaQS5

Old thread

Attached: 2e.jpg (1006x1006, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/446968/legacy-vs-uefi-help
ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2334411
lifewire.com/create-uefi-bootable-ubuntu-usb-drive-2202085
youtube.com/watch?v=ZHBHEWyZ1Xw
archlinux.org/groups/x86_64/base-devel/
cli.jonaskohl.de/!/download_l
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Any good android apps that let me manage my contacts? (without syncing to my google account, of course)

I use Newpipe. It's great (though no livestreams).
Skytube or whatever is supposed to be good but I never used it or looked at any of it's features, so I don't know if it meets your reqs.

I remember reading somewhere that a charger/battery will only take as much amperage as it needs. Whatever you do, just make sure the voltages are the same or you actually will have something catch fire.

based and redpilled op

what is the format for chapter files in MKVs and how do I implement times? I have a text file of times that looks like
00:00:03.275
00:01:13.781
00:05:08.209

I want to implement these times as chapters in an existing MKV file.

>get ubuntu iso and use rufus to install it onto usb
>shut down laptop and boot ubuntu
>screen goes black
>unable to find a medium containing a live file system iso

it took me over 2 hours to install the distro blease help.

askubuntu.com/questions/446968/legacy-vs-uefi-help
ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2334411
lifewire.com/create-uefi-bootable-ubuntu-usb-drive-2202085

Bumping my question from the previous thread
but if no one knows the answer, there should be nothing wrong with trying, right?
I'd just make a system image of my current OS, try installing LTSB and see if it works.
If there's no issue I can stay on that, but if there is I should be able to just roll back to the system image, right?

Attached: wacom-mobilestudio-pro-10.jpg (1920x1080, 824K)

>not trolling
Oh so i guess youre just that fucking retarded. Thanks for clearing that up
google.com/amp/s/www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-turn-your-pc-into-a-chromecast-receiver/amp/
Try this m8

Give it a shot. I have a Win10 tablet that I bought a couple years ago and never used. I'm thinking about pulling it out of the box and trying to reflash it with LTSB and then dual booting linux on it. Mine has a full sized USB port, and I have a USB hub, so that might make it easier.
Does yours have a full sized USB port? Having a keyboard and mouse might make it easier.

I think Kconnect has something like that.

Ive been lurking in these threads a lot more lately for some reason

It's got 3 USB-Cs and i'm still waiting for some adapters to arrive, i'm just asking in advance so I can get right to it when they arrive.
It should be completely doable with just the touch screen and touch keyboard, but I'd need a USB-C adapter to flash LTSB onto it anyway

So has this site been slow for everyone else? Images are taking forever to load. I assume our new owner is trying to save as much bandwidth as possible?

ok anons so I figured the key to boot BIOS. if I don't plan on keep any other OS besides Windows, can I just format all of the 4 partitions? should I delete any of them? should I just proceed?

How to safer torrent? I have a seedbox and then sftp to my computer. Anything else to do?

What's on the other partitions?

>Ive been lurking in these threads a lot more lately for some reason
>based and redpilled op

sorry user i just deleted everything (it became a single non-registered partition, can't remember how it was being called) and created another one of 19gb for Windows. things turned to be ok for now, hopefully I won't lose anything in the future. I'll post the partitions when the installation is done. thanks either way!

Can you link me? I can only find unrelated results when I search for that.

What's a good VPN to use?

I wish she were my gf...

I have over 50000 images on a folder.
Is there a automated way to create 100+ folders and place 500 of the photos alphabetically into each the folders?

Attached: 1504014201282.jpg (736x947, 172K)

mktoolnix has a chapter editor

make a shell script

nord vpn is probably the best cheap vpn

Looking for a podcast Windows client and Android app that syncs new/listened episodes and matches exact time elapsed.

Attached: podcast rss.png (512x512, 10K)

You can reinstall windows, the thing is a glorified windows tablet with a good digitalizer.
You will need 2 things though.
1. a USB adapter to fit both USB and a Keyboard.
2. 3DP Net in the USB since you will need internet the second you turn it on and this will deal with the wireless drivers.

Windows 2019 LTSC comes out in well, 2019, which is the next version of LTSB, you aren't missing much.

I'm still waiting for the adapters to arrive, but i'll have enough for both a USB and a keyboard.
No idea what a 3DP net is though, what does it do and how would I need to set it up?

A bit annoying that the next version of LTSB is a while away, but my only real concern is that the wacom drivers might require a newer version of win10 and not work with LTSB 2016

how do i put numix circle on windows 10

All drivers are compatible for all W10 versions, the only thing that is not backwards compatible are the UWP programs(Windows store programs) which Wacom doesn't use anyway, there isn't anything from the windows store that is good or worth it to install anyway.

3DP Net is a installer that comes with every single Wireless driver (Except some realtek ones), if your Wireless internet doesn't work you might need it.

Oh, that's great to hear
It was just that this line in one of the OP pastebins was making me worry
>Some software/drivers that specify a minimum version of Windows 10 may refuse to run until newer versions of LTSB are installed.

I'll keep that in mind if I can't connect to the internet after installing LTSB

Thanks for the help!

>male
is VM protect easy to crack?

I have disabled waiting timout in grub so it instantly boots the first entry. But now I have a kernel panic on a latest kernel. Whats the key that overrides autobooting?

I lost the password to my keepass database how can I recover it?

What font is this?
It's from youtube.com/watch?v=ZHBHEWyZ1Xw

Attached: whatfont.png (1278x795, 559K)

Can i delete the CLI/terminal emacs and still keep the GUI version in Debian/GNOME?

My laptop drive is registering over 65000 damaged sectors on SMART, how fucked is it?

Ya. Dont.

IPVanishVPN. I think theyve all been banned from Jow Forums now. I used to love flag trolling /sp/

OMFG

I assume that's a it's fucked?

I tested it on crystaldiskinfo and hdtune, both confirmed the damage.

Okay men, I need to know if I fucked up. And if I should get back my laptop.

I traded a guy a gigabyte p57 with a 6th gen quad i7 and a 1070 for a surface book one with the i7 (dual) 528 gbs, 965m and some money and the extended warranty. I may of been cucked on the warranty I had to call in and get them to fuck with it so it’s under my name. I should have it. And this isn’t my main machine or drawing tablet (I have a 24 hd and a 27qhd.) this is purely for tech art stuff.

Pic is my cat. Can draw stuff on request too.

Attached: image.jpg (929x986, 1.02M)

Better start odering a new HDD or a SSD.

My computer has been laggy lately, I've opened up the task manager and there's no big programs open but my cpu is jumping between 90 over and over. Is my cpu dying or maybe some program I had open earlier fucking with it? Pc goes back to normal if I restart it. I haven't downloaded or gone to any fishy sites lately and my virus scans are clean

You can't.

Every room in my house has a cat5 output on the wall but none of them are connected to anything so they currently do nothing.

Anyone know how to setup this home ethernet switch built into the wall? Whoever installed it wrote really shitty labels on the wires instead of using the diagram (assuming the diagram goes with this board) so I can only understand a few labels, and I have no background in networking, only know the basics. It appears to be a mix of Leviton phone and data boards.

The main signal (cable+internet I'm assuming) comes from the single coaxial cable connected to the splitter on the top right. Is it as simple as just plugging in that coaxial into the 6 way coaxial splitter to activate the ethernet switch?

If needed I have an 8 way gigabit switch and I can move the router wherever it need to be. I also have many ethernet cables.

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it.

Attached: d.jpg (8064x3964, 3.76M)

Do DVD Burners double as players? Could I watch a movie on an external burner?

Attached: 1489955979189.jpg (645x968, 47K)

yes

can we stop posting anime girls? it gets distracting

Attached: __ganaha_hibiki_idolmaster_and_idolmaster_classic_drawn_by_jabara_tornado__e7dfc63cdc32f5a9c9364f5e3 (752x1062, 81K)

Is life really worth living?

sauce on the pic op?

So i posted earlier but still haven’t found a solution. Is there any way i can use my phone as a remote for Netflix without buying a chromecast? I want to watch it on my tv without getting up from my couch. Surely there has to be a way

To be clear my tv is hooked to my pc through hdmi. I just want to surf the app or the very least the mobile site from the couch hich is on the other side of the room. Lazy i know

that is something you decide

little girl on nhentai rustle is the aritst

Does unlocking the bootloader wipe all user data? (Shield Tablet)

How do i stop palemoon from automatically using twitter in the main search bar
I cant find out how to change it

Attached: 1528927952921.jpg (460x510, 69K)

Assuming it's the same as Firefox, go to 'Search' in Options, scroll to the bottom, and untick twitter

>learning C
>decide to install linux so I can do everything in shell since my laptop is getting slow
>get Manjaro gnome
>Open terminal
>can't use gcc or run built .exes
What? I thought every distro came with the compilers, etc.
Is there a place I can see everything I need to get to use C from the terminal? I'm new to linux in general

i don't use manjaro but on arch i'd do: `sudo pacman -S base-devel`
it installs some development packages listed here: archlinux.org/groups/x86_64/base-devel/
you could also do `sudo pacman -S gcc` if you want just the C compiler which is enough for simple compiling

Thanks user i stopped being a brainlet and figured it out

Attached: 1526270402405.jpg (750x892, 87K)

been trying to install a Manjaro distribution for about 3 days now. The installation can not proceedGoogle search says that it’s a proplem with the internal gpu fighting with my pcie graphics card causing any installation to freeze. Any work around I’ve tried fails anyone have any ideas how to get around this issue. I can’t disable either gpu in bios as there is no option for it. Any help appreciated.

I need a lot of storage for torrent purposes, what's the best option? I need something like 50-60 tb, budget max 400/500 max. I read about NAS but I'm not sure if it's just a bunch of external HDD connected together that you plug to the wall and it's on or it's different. I'm not a programmer but I build my own pc so I can at least understand guides if it's something that doesn't require technical skills to set up.

What do you recommend?

Chrome has a Remote Desktop app. Thats all you need

I received an ID for a google doc, but the letters were all lowercase, whereas for a normal google doc the letters can be capitalized
there are 34 letters in the id, so it will take up to 2^34 attempts if i just guess
my question is, can i brute force guess the id? and asking the person is not possible (it's super secret stuff)
i can write a short script to check if the site is 404'd or not, but i want to know if it's feasible and/or if there's a better way

Really sick of these unreasonably slow and hard captchas, how do i fool google into thinking my waterfox is actually a chrome client/what's the best user agent switcher for WF?

nvm figured it out

i am using Jow Forums x on chrome and playing webms wont let me play sound. it's just grayed out. i fixed this before by changing how sound is handled in chrome but i forgot how

>Need ip address rotation
>Dont want to use a proxy service or vps instancing
Is this possible? I would prefer writing a python process which can rotate a forward proxy at runtime, forwarding a request through it. Theory wise, all I can find is dynamic host configuration protocol which seems to be great, if setting the ip at the operations system level works for you. Is this possible without going that low? Is a machines ip even configurable from a process?

is there a reason almost everyone here prefers firefox over chrome?

If my computer has VGA, HDMI 2.0 and a Mini DisplayPort.

Which one is the best to connect the monitor to?

I have a Blue Yeti mic and I can't for the life of me get it to record at a decent volume with Elgato.
Every game channel on YT I've ever heard has had nice volume and recording, including plenty that are using Yetis and Elgatos, they're very commonly recommended for game recording.

What I don't get is how do they make their volume so high without distortion? When I try to turn up the volume on the mic or software I get distorted, shitty sound.

>falling for youtube shills

Not VGA. If you're just doing 1080p/60 then it doesn't matter which digital out you use.

HDMI 2.0 if your monitor has inbuilt speakers you want to use, otherwise Display port is better
VGA is old as fuck

If it was a universal problem there'd be mass JewTube channels with low-ass volume.

I'm trying to find this animated short film about some guy waking up in some infinite white space with a TV in front of him welcoming him to Heaven. He walks for a long time only to return to the TV. Shocked, he shoots himself.

Again he wakes up in seemingly the same place with a TV now saying welcome to Purgatory. And in the end there's Hell and I think that repeats.

It's like this video has been wiped from the Internet. Or I just suck at finding things.

?
I didn't have my question answered

Does it matter if an IPS monitor with LED backlighting has anti-glare? From my understanding that technology shouldn't be susceptible to glare in the first place.

Should have gone XLR master race with a decent audio interface.

Wait it's not actually a VGA port. It's something called a D-Sub port. Can you tell me anything about that?

VGA refers to the signal standard, D-Sub refers to the physical connector standard
VGA uses 15 pin D-Sub connectors, typically
now if it calls itself a D-Sub port, it's not necessarily VGA-compatible, unless it's clearly meant to be connected to a monitor, like if it's on the back of a graphics card (though even then, things like CGA also use a D-Sub connector)

also, if this seems weird to you, it's because these days signal standards and connector standards are typically tied together, with connectors unique to a signal standard, so there's no confusion about what can be connected to it
while back when VGA came out, connectors weren't necessarily only used for one kind of signal, the most obvious being serial and parallel ports, which were used for all kinds of things (incidentally both used D-Sub connectors also)

Is there a way to downgrade Skype from the 8.25 version?

The latest trend of making everything as big as possible, as spaced out as possible is ridiculous. Skype now takes the entire screen.

I'm making a small stream on weird computer stuff I sometimes do, but I have a problem with my camera freezing the image once in a while. There's no pattern to when it happens. It's a cheap no name brand cam bought at a store. I use obs 21.1.2 @ win7. The image remains frozen till I reset the camera. I disabled usb turning off in the power settings.

I know you used to be able to uninstall the current version, and then use an older installer to get an old version, but I think a while back skype started forcing updates to prevent people from doing that
It's worth a shot, but if it doesn't work, i'd start asking yourself why you're still using skype and if it's worth it

>I need something like 50-60 tb, budget max 400/500
Not going to happen.

I'm using it because the people I chat with also use Skype. I won't convince people in my contact list to switch for my sake onto something different.

I have discovered that Microsoft has caved in and offers 'Classic Skype' (v7.40) to download on their official website.

If you know of some alternative to skype, that would still allow me to communicate with other Skype users I'd greatly appreciate it.

Customization/add-ons.

They're talking about the glass. With the panel off, if you see a reflection then it doesn't have the anti-glare coating.

pause?

I need a windows program that will show the status of the NumLock key in the tray.
There is a paid program called Tray Status but I need a FOSS equivalent.
Anyone knows of such thing?

is my hdd almost dead? 100% all the time

Attached: fuck.png (673x593, 39K)

Halt, tis the police.... show us your speccy and be on your way or face death.

I am enjoying all the Rustle opening images

Attached: 1413801284193.jpg (572x499, 70K)

Someone's gonna have to take over for me. Gotta go overseas today.

RIP

Attached: 1388971189430.jpg (2093x3005, 1.82M)

Gotta train someone quick for the time being.

Nvm found it.

cli.jonaskohl.de/!/download_l
it has git and everything

hi guys. I am a brainlet and I need help. I have a projector with usb and hdmi ports on it. I want to use my phone to stream shows and stuff to the projector. Is there a usb device I can plug into the projector that I can sync with my phone to do this?

Attached: 54229C0A-A04F-4FF6-BB21-153994215BDB.jpg (250x333, 33K)