Is this shit worth the trouble of using?

Is this shit worth the trouble of using?

Attached: umatrix.jpg (556x502, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

git.synz.io/Synzvato/decentraleyes
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Blocking-mode
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Blocking-mode:-medium-mode
github.com/gorhill/uMatrix/wiki/How-to-block-1st-party-scripts-everywhere-by-default
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

if you have to ask then no

Attached: sage5.jpg (640x480, 109K)

Not even Gorhill uses it anymore. Just use uBlock Origin in medium mode.

No, only if you want full control of what gets loaded on a site. uMatrix would have been useful back in the days where Jow Forums wouldhave background music and other annoying shit. uBlock has something similar in advance mode that allows blocking scripts.
It is useful when adblock killer doesn't work, but that's about it.

what's medium mode?
I've used ublock since before he had the mental breakdown and forked it, I've never seen medium mode
out of the box blocks like every ad I've ever seen

All I do is:
Prevent WebRTC from leaking local IP addresses Block CSP reports

anyone else use git.synz.io/Synzvato/decentraleyes

uMatrix basically negates the need for an ad-blocker as it gives you full control over pretty much everything.

>Huffington Post

Attached: 1528308173603.png (646x595, 323K)

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Blocking-mode
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Blocking-mode:-medium-mode

yeah, it's not that common to break a site like with NoScript

after a month, you'd rarely touch it

>huffingtonpost

Attached: simons.jpg (300x337, 18K)

Not on wangblows.

Pain in the ass to use. Some sites don't even appear in the list for you to enable at first so even if you just want to quickly make a site work you have to enable everything > refresh > check the list again > enable new stuff that appears > refresh > repeat 2-3 times until you get everything or site works

Even then this shit has some ""security"" feature that still continues breaking sites even after you completely enable everything in the grid and it shows all green.

I always worry if it will fuck up my internet transaction.

anyone else doing Ublock + No-script in firefox?
no-script is what im used and have settings changed for 2-3 years of use

I still don't understand what umatrix does.
Is it just reskin of NoScript?

true. occasionally i'll get ones where the site doesn't work even though everything's unblocked. pretty sure this is the case when downloading Nvidia drivers from geforce.com.

it's good for inducing paranoia and for showing just how fucked up Web actually is. A red vs blue pill kinda thing. The extent of Google's reach is definitely scary, but most people choose to remain blissfully ignorant, and I understand.

once you get the main sites whitelisted along with some global whitelists for things like card payments, you should be more or less fine.

Dunno, but I still use it

All it does is break sites and it's cumbersome to use. There are other applications out there that block trackers and shit far more efficiently.

I'd still prefer an adblocker in a pinch, but uBlock (+ user script to defuse Jow Forums ads, only on Firefox though) still works decently well here.

>global whitelists
Oh, neat. I just realized what the star was for.
github.com/gorhill/uMatrix/wiki/How-to-block-1st-party-scripts-everywhere-by-default

NoScript is just easier to use, if you're not full paranoia you can go with Privacy Badger too, used to use uMatrix but sometimes you spend more time configuring it than browsing the web, and a lot of times happened to me that the sites I configured didn't even load despite It had scripts enabled on it.

>worth the trouble of using
>Install
>It just werks
????????

do you even know what uMatrix does?

At a glance it looks like uBlock Origin with some more detailed options, and the ad-block lists diked out.

idk, do you?

yes

same

So how to use the advance mode?
I mean, when enabled there is two columns, what does each do?

Attached: 7777b176-571e-11e5-9647-12711e53df21.png (485x364, 35K)

2. Global rules
1. Local rules

Red block
Green force allow
Grey no-op

the left one blocks or accepts globally. the right one blocks or accepts locally.
that means you can have some domain globally blocked, but when you are in a specific site, it wil be accepted. (red on the left and at the same time green on the right.)

So I enabled it and after disabling it, the site menu doesn't go away.
Is this a bug?
Or does this mean that enabling the advance mode disable some of the easy mode features?

it's fine if the only sites you visit are text-based. But if you stream (especially from shadier sites that load a lot of 3rd party resources) it's not worth the trouble

oh, so uMatrix features have pretty much been integrated into uBlock. nice. can i import my existing uMatrix rules into it?

>uMatrix features have pretty much been integrated into uBlock
uMatrix stole it from uBlock

Yes, it's practically an antivirus and adblocker

It gives you real control, you can choose which parts of the page code run

wat
i thought uBlock and uMatrix were made by the same guy and uMatrix is being deprecated. why would uMatrix exist at all if uBlock had this feature all along?

Post umatrix hell.

Attached: hell1.png (560x2388, 421K)

>Script allowed
>Cookies allowed

now this is autism

>before he had the mental breakdown
Is that why he forked it? Bummer

Not all features have been implemented into uO (yet)

Attached: Screenshot_20180709-072800_Firefox.jpg (1078x1868, 579K)

you're quoting something from 3 years ago and are responding to a comment that has nothing to do with what you're saying.

Its true not all features of umatrix in ublock origin though

Good threada. I disabled uMatrix and will be using uBlock instead, those manual cells gambling shenanigans is ticking tiresome, my dudes, I only need security not obscurity of private shit, fuck it.

>Enabling 1st-party JS by default

Attached: disgusted selesia.png (570x540, 1.19M)

maybe in the fact that websites feel the need to do this shit