Is it worth losing nice IPS colors for a 144hz TN panel ?

Is it worth losing nice IPS colors for a 144hz TN panel ?

Attached: ViewSonic-XG2402.jpg (391x360, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.ca/gp/product/B076HZ7CZK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1K2SUXU652HJB&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You know there are 144/165Hz IPS panels right?

yeah but they cost over $500 and at 1440p

IPS is overrated if you aren't a professional. The glow and backlight bleed is bad enough, but the black levels are hilariously bad even on the highest end monitors

watching videos on an IPS panel is a much more enjoyable experience.

If your not a cyber athlete just buy ips , coz tn for home is always shitty

I thought TN was fine until I bought an IPS and put them next to each other.

buy me one, bill gates

This. They cost almost as much as my fucking rig

tn today is better then ips was 5 years ago
Honestly it seems like people just have experience with the shittiest tn monitors and think the tech stagnated and ever got better.

in a few years we will have backlight on monitors that use full aray to such a retarded degree that 50,000:1 ips will be a real thing, but right now, no ips has that level of local dimming.

If you want my opinion

contrast > 120/144hz = freesync/gsync > 10bit > monitor above tn

If all else is the same, contrast matters the most, tn vs ips is a a moot point here and they are both equally bad compared to a va

after that, refresh rates above 60 are nice, however free/gsync absolutely kills input lag, making 18fps feel smooth as butter, I did the testing myself, sure at that low a fps you see choppiness, but you still feel you are in complete control. Its one of those things that you have to experience it to understand how good it is

10 bit comes after, and this is only a factor on 1440p or lower monitors, as at 4k60 4:4:4 there isn't enough bandwidth to go around for 10bit.

really the lease of your concerns should be 'get ips' as ips and tn are both absolute fucking shit compared to va in terms of contrast, and guess what the number 1 factor for human determining image quality happens to be.
With va you get a mix of tn and ips bad sides and good sides, mixed in with hands down the best contrast ratio you can get out side of oled,

>but the black levels are hilariously bad even on the highest end monitors
As opposed to?

VA panels

Sometimes I forget they exist, my bad. Why is their market share so small anyway?

is the C24FG70FQU good?

lots of mixed reviews so i would be careful

>amazon.ca/gp/product/B076HZ7CZK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1K2SUXU652HJB&psc=1
>this for $530 tax included, which is pretty low compared to others
what's the catch? other than being 1080p

and?

It's a TN panel no gsync

ITT: poorfag colorblind gaymers justifying muh hz

Every monitor should be at least 120Hz so it's compatible with both 24fps and 30fps content. The funny thing is that early LCDs used to be 75 and 85Hz by default like CRTs, 60Hz is actually a downgrade.

No 144hz is a meme.

Can't you comprehend there are people poorer than you you fucking bragging autist

If you can't afford a $500 monitor, how did you afford a computer that can push 144mhz frames? And no, a 1440p 120 to 144mhz monitor with freesync can be had for like 300-400, expecially Korean monitors. If you can't easily drop $500 for something, you really need to reconsider your life.

Or he just buys used. XB270HUs aren't that expensive anymore. Of course the PC has to match unless you play only CSGO shit. For 1440p at high Hz you want a 1070 Ti or higher.

if you care about colors or refresh rate looking smooth or no screen tearing get a CRT and a 980 and run a 120hz crt.

seriously only reason you should use a LCD is if you lan alot or care about resolution and don't give a shit about any thing els.

Use a crt if you hate your eyes

If you play pretty seriously tn is better for reduced lag. ips is tad slower

has the asus pg279q blb gotten better recently? or should i go for the acer alternative

>le ips colors meme

IPS is pure fucking dogshit. VA is where it's at. Everything looks miles fucking better and colors pop out way more due to the deep blacks versus the grey trash you get from IPS.

Not to mention the completely awful issues such as IPS Glow that completely ruin the entire thing and requires you to play the pannel lottery to MAYBE get a slightly less shitty screen.

No, gaymer.

Yea get the Dell

No, they are 4K now.

You've apparently only used shitty IPS. VA is a joke with ghosting and blurriness

Which monitors should I get if I only want to watch animu and movies, VA or IPS ?

I'm looking to switch from a 60Hz to 144Hz but I'm also not rich. Is BenQ BOWIE 24" 144Hz any good? If not, please recommend me good ones. I live in Canada so shit is expensive.

esport games easily hit 144fps on lower settings with 1060s...

Only for muh games, but even then I don't think it's worth it. 60hz 60hz is fine.

Get a 144Hz TN for gaymen and a 60Hz IPS for media.

HA

No. Once you go IPS looking at a TN panel just looks like shit.