Pixel 3 & XL

Has Google finally achieved peak smartphone?

Attached: pixel-3-render-2.jpg (1200x750, 189K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What are the chances pixel phones have Google Analytics at the hardware level?

Get ready for iphone X gestures android cucks

top kek can't wait for everyone to praise swiping up to change apps

Not that different from other phones. Google contracts with all sorts of manufacturers to make phones that help Google collect data (usually through bloatware). This is just the one series they put their name behind, to say that it represents the purest and most "authentic" Android experience.

Look how huge that fucking chin is

Also this. You might as well put cameras throughout your house that broadcast straight to Google hq

But who will make the screen?
I bought the smaller Pixel 2 because of the Samsung OLED, LG cannot into OLED.

It has not even achieved peak meme yet.

May as well since they have a special chip in there that is meant for "camera processing".

Sure enough its hardware botnet.

LG is still making the displays for the XL series. Google put money into them so they have basically doubled down on the shit for years to come.

Smaller might be Samsung again.

Somewhat doubt the camera chip is hardware botnet considering the Pixel's images are actually leagues beyond competitors in quality despite only having one lens.

They already did that in 2013 with the Nexus 4

>Notch
>Still has a bottom bezel

no thanks

Give me another option coming out that will be better than this

Gestures were a thing years ago with different launchers. And I know you won't understand this, but you can bind the gestures to any action/app. Get cucked some where else macfag

I used to run paranoid Android on my Nexus 5 so swiping up isn't something new to me. and before that I had a palm. I've just been waiting for everything else to catch up to webos.

>chin
>top bezel
>notch
I'm not buying a newer phone until these are gone.

Been waiting for this to come back since Meego and WebOS died honestly

>no headphone jack
no

proved my point

top kek

Really hate how they now have the notch for the XL, if it had no chin and no notch I'd consider buying it. dunno why they didn;t do that with the non xl, dont need a forehead and a chin

you realize that manufacturers don't "put" the chins there, more like it's very hard to make completely full screen phones

you realise if you just flipped the xl display around the other way it would achieve what i mentioned.

give it a no-notch forehead and no chin. please read next time.

so you want a forehead instead of chin?
That would be one ugly ass phone

apple did it by folding the display underneath and putting the driver below the display

if apple's doing it supposedly all these amazing companies apple buys from can do it too

then you're stacking the cameras/sensors over the driver and its stupidly thick there

>notch
>no headphone jack
Might as well buy appleshit

Apple and Oppo managed to do it. Xiaomi is about to do it as well.
Chinks are better than Google

The iphone X has a huge ass bezel all around.
They were (probably) the first ones to have the same size bezel on the bottom and sides, but it's so huge that that's not really an achievement, along with that top notch and thick as fuck body, it's ugly as fuck.
I'm 100% sure steve jobs would never have approved the design until they solved same bezels on the top too.

And that is the future of phone designs. Screenshot this
>same, very thin bezels on all sides
>fingerprint reader under screen, the bigger the better
>camera, face id cluster under the screen, it's doable with oled, they already have see through oled, you'd just have a black circle while the camera is in use
>light sensor in the top bezel, it can be just a very thin optic fiber going into the body where the actual sensor is
We'll probably have to say goodbye to front facing speakers, but the market already doesn't care about that one, it's really hard to find a proper flagship with front facing speakers.

Google now acts like apple, they're always behind in design by at least 1-2 years.

>The iphone X has a huge ass bezel all around.
except it doesn't it's just not a curved display and a curved bezel

How come samsung could do it? That chin looks way bigger than the one on the s9, and yet it still has a fucking notch for no reason. Either go apple's route (but do it better since the X has thick bezels all around), curve the display and put the driver under it, then either give it a notch or a singular front bezel, or just do what samsung did and use two small bezels. This shit is literally the worst of both worlds.

where did I say they cannot do it? I just said it's not as simple as don't put the bezels there.

You forgot:
>no micro SD card slot
>not available worldwide or overpriced to the extent of not even worth considering

>>no micro SD card slot
lol you cunts still crying about this shit jesus christ

>except it doesn't
except it does
we call bezel everything between the screen's edge and the side of the phone, looking from the front
curved or not, it has 4.32mm bezels on both sides
just for reference, the S9 has 2mm bezels, less than half of it
that means 12% of the iphone X's width is bezel.
5.8% of the S9's width is bezel.

There were already a shitton of phone's with less than 12% bezel for years, all they did is they reached that on the bottom too. It's still an outdated huge ass bezel.

1/10 because you made up some numbers

>no replaceable battery
>no headphone jack
>no SD card slot
>costs as much as an iphone
>muh updates
Yawn. The pinnacle of smartphone development is in the buy muh updates
Literally nobody gives a shit. Get a new phone every year for $150 and you still spend less than flagshit users who blow $800 to $1k every three to four years.

I mean, even the fucking 2013 Nexus 5 had 3.12mm side bezels. The iPhone X has 40% bigger bezels than a 2013 phone.
What is that if not huge?

aww, now you realized how wrong you are? cute

not long till summer is over

>doesn't understand bezels

hmm...

Attached: file.png (985x889, 318K)

Are there any these days that don't do something like this?

nice they all line up

This notch meme needs to die already. It's not funny anymore.

Get your eyes checked

maybe you should or is the curved stainless steel band inducing your vertigo?

I actually didn't take different sizes into account, so it's just a relative difference
Here's the corrected, actual size

Attached: file.png (985x889, 316K)

>let me just alter this picture to suit my biased opinion

kek
>I loved it all this time!!1!
it's actually pathetic. I'm an android user and don't like the iPhones but fuck, the hypocrites here are really something.

>let me just ignore this picture to suit my biased opinion
I don't know, user, but saying the iPhone has thinner bezels is pretty stupid and childish. You only have to look at them. You're in denial, or trolling.

>rounded screen edges on both

Fucking WHY

obviously trolling

peak smartphone was achieved like 5 years ago.

It doesn't make the phone thicker or limits water survivability, as the S5 was just 0.1mm thicker and had a micro SD card slot, a 3.5mm jack a removable battery and an IP67 rating. You should be the one crying about this, as that's hardly the only downside of Pixel devices. Forget the abysmal pricing.

They achieved that with the first Pixel.

I can't believe people still buy this overpriced shit when $150 chinkphones exist

this

i bought the pixel 1 even though 2 was out already, theres not that much to improve on

This. Fuck flagship bait. Buy affordable and upgrade often.

name a $150 chinkphone with at least two of the following:

- best in class camera
- full HD OLED screen
- snapdragon 845
- dual front facing speakers

Why would anyone need snapdragon 845?

Tight feedback loops are better for learning and habituation, so the 30% speed increase from the 835 makes a big difference. SD 845 is also more efficient and better for battery life.

he's a faggot that needs to be able to run his candy crush in 4K

HTC made the smaller one so it's overall superior. LG is garbage

They are of varying sizes you fucking retard, you can't just literally line them up like that.

>best in class camera
Redmi Note 5 (636, dual camera version)
>full HD OLED screen
Until microLED has been implemented, current OLED screens (on flagships) are still prone to burn-in and still feature a curved edge gimmick. Current IPS LCDs don't jump out at you, no other complaint about display quality can be made.
>Snapdragon 845
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
Notice how not a single high scoring device here relies on it or the 835. Only benefit those offer is PS2 emulation.
>dual front facing speakers
Not even flagships mandatory have this.

>dual front facing speakers
>Not even flagships mandatory have this.
we're comparing to the pixel 3 you fucking dolt