I have a Xiaomi Mi A1. It just got official lineage os support

I have a Xiaomi Mi A1. It just got official lineage os support.

Should I just stick with stock since it's android one and is supposed to get updates to at least android p or should I just flash lineage?

What are the advantages of lineage?

Attached: 183708-mi-a1-black-1-medium.png (305x305, 68K)

If u are not sure about why u need another rom, then don't do it.
And if it's only i recently then i would wait with the install yet.
Also every update needs to be done manually

I would apply the things user said and apply the Jow Forums concepts.

>You care about /your/ privacy*
Install ñineage with alternate store and no gapps

>You care about LTR?
Stat on Android One.

>You care about highly custom experiences?
You need root and maybe Lineage is the way to go.

Lineage has some features official rom doesn't. If you don't know what they are you don't need them.

Not a cuck google rom so I don't know if this will work but if you can get auto updates after rooting and installing luckypatcher then you don't need beta LOS rom.

What's LTR?

flash lineage

It's literally comes stock Android

Literally (literally) the entire point of buying a Mi A1 is for stock Android. It's literally (literally) a complete waste of time if you're going to replace that with something else.

It's great for privacy, customizable, gets regular updates, and is very light on resources as compared to what you're currently running.

Keep stock for now, you are still getting regular security patch, and will most likely get Android P day one.
After that, you should switch. But for now, stock is good

Omg, this is awesome! I also have a Mi A1! ^^

Large Tits Reduction

It let's you unlock the bootloader without having to beg Xiaomi for (unlike other Xiaomi phones), it comes with all relevant LTE bands (unlike other Xiaomi phones) and it's not shipped from China which makes it a viable option if your current phone breaks and you need a quick replacement (unlike other Xiaomi phones). Also better warranty.

>no NFC

Attached: trash.png (289x495, 163K)

>NFC
Useless. I have it on my Nexus 4, never used it in 5 years. Same as "wireless" charging.
On the other hand, Mi A1 has an IR sensor which is extremely handy and FM receiver.

Xiaomi has been really slow with android one updates. The mi a1 still hasn't gotten android 8.1. It's still on 8.0.

Given how Xiaomi has been known for pre-installed data mining apps (MIUI) and OnePlus for stock Android, I wouldn't advise using it any longer as soon as LineageOS is stable enough.

Some Mi A1 got the 8.1 but apparently it was buggy or it deleted text messages so they stopped the update, should go live some time soon, hopefully

I only did it coz I had MIUI. What the Mi A1 has is just extra features LineageOS with more stability and updates. Stick with it.

It takes a while to put all their spy software into it.

>What are the advantages of lineage?
less icons

keep stock, you retard

>get Android P day one.

Attached: 1470817984705.jpg (470x500, 39K)