youtube.com/watch?v=sRiuK3tvrds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

maybe

Yes

Neither

>delidding AMD CPUs

Attached: tenor.png (480x480, 190K)

Nah, like this

Attached: 1531477828186.png (1914x1668, 817K)

My CPU isn't filled with cum, so neither.

My amd doesnt need delidding. Can you show me some examples of what intel cpus need delidding and how?

Neither because I'm not retarded enough to delid my CPU for minimal gain.

With a bandsaw and a steady hand.

Anything after Sandy Bridge. They switched from soldering the die to the IHS to using (low quality) thermal paste. There's hundreds of tutorials on Youtube on how to do it. Delidding isn't really necessary if you're not overclocking.

neither thats a soldered cpu

Attached: b72.gif (1600x894, 56K)

Delidding is still good even if you're not overclocking.

youtube.com/watch?v=sRiuK3tvrds

easy

Attached: AMD-FX-8300-3-3-GHz-Eight-Core-8M-Processor-Socket-AM3-CPU-95W-Bulk-Package.jpg_640x640.jpg (1420x1400, 513K)

I don't buy Int*l.

Upvote XD

however the delidding tool does it

Attached: b85.jpg (800x800, 63K)

I cri everytiem

Attached: fggot.jpg (2886x1446, 437K)

and there's this faggot

Attached: 6d6.jpg (720x720, 41K)

That's retarded; that makes the longest cutting line.

Been burnt too many tons by oversized HSF killing exposed silicon to ever remove the heatspreader. All it takes just a little torque or nudge on the chassis to ruin the exposed silicon. Say good-bye to taking your system to a LAN party or having to move.

> ITT: Kiddies who never work with P3 Coppermines and K7s before headspreaders were commonplace.

De-lidding is completely unnecessary unless you are going for hardcore to suicide run overclocking.

It is just not worth the 5-10C drop. The whole 20C+ drop from de-lidding only came from poorly mounted headspreaders from some silicon (Mainly Ivy Bridge and early batches of Haswell).

The problem is that older epoxy made headspreader mounting more consistent on the manufacturing side. When Intel switch to simple thermal paste. It started to cause large variations in product quality that couldn't be measure until the product was assembled and stress tested. You either you get silicon that became a blast furnace at stock with good aftermarket cooling or silicon was perfectly fine. The problematic units often had "hot spots" because the headspreader had unevenly mounting it was off by micro-meters.

Again, this mostly plagued Ivy Bridge-early Haswell release chips. Intel went back refined their QC to make sure products were more consistent that's why de-liddinjg doesn't yield as much benefit on newer silicon (second wave Haswell a.k.a Devil's Canyon-Coffee Lake)

>exposed silicon
I think you're retarded, or I'm replying to a pasta.

>deliding

Attached: 1489421658644.png (653x726, 84K)

ROFL, the whole purpose of de-lidding is that exposes the silicon. So you'll get better thermal transfer = lower temperutres.

The catch is that that exposed silicon doesn't take well to physical force (in form of torque and gravity from HSF's mounting system or the HSF itself)

Just take look at the countless horror stories of K7 and P3 Coppermine users who killed their silicon with aftermarket HSF solution back in the day.

There's a reason why both AMD/Intel when with headspreaders en mass with Pentium 4 and K8.

Exposes the silicon? Ok cool, the semiconducting silicon, yeah sure ok.

That's why one of the more popular substances to replace the thermal paste with is liquid metal, a highly conductive mixture of indium and gallium.

You're retarded.

>Autistic Retard who takes the world "silicon" too literately.

>Doesn't realize that it obviously refers to the chip itself not the element used in the semiconductor.

Attached: _1889788_laugh300b.jpg (300x180, 15K)

You niggers are both stupid as shit

If he peels from the corner then the two connecting sides come apart at the same time, seems pretty good to me

>peeling
Am I the only one who did the vice + 2x4 and hammer method?

If you hammer the IHS it's just gonna squish into a blob. They're pretty malleable.

i delidded mine with a razor.
those delidding vices are for literal retards

hello bajs. pls keep your twitch memes off this site

You can if you want direct die cooling for some reason. But the benefits are basically nothing.

is this that comic about abortion people always make fun of?

op please see pic related. the IHS should ideally be removed in the direction of the red arrow due to the offset position of the die. this way you have maximum room to push before you damage the die.

Attached: picrelated.png (864x540, 39K)

I fucked up my image, because what I really wanted people to think was cutting the die across the lines indicated, as if I thought "delidding" meant "sawing your CPU in half".

ibs dais loyss!!!!??????

I don't, because I don't use shintel.