This came out today

This came out today.
Say something nice about it.

Attached: blackberrykey2[1].jpg (582x437, 12K)

it would be cool to use for classic emulation.

Attached: 1523618985314.png (683x599, 79K)

scratch that. for $650, no. just no.

id get it if it was $399 or something

>649

top kek

it's barely mid range specs

I have a blackberry passport running actual BB10, why would I want that google abortion?

would be awesome if it run ubuntu for hacking

I unironically want it but I'd rather it had a non meme processor and pricetag

It's mid-tier specs and it's simply not worth the asking price. Yes, the physical keyboard is very desirable for a great many people (not me), but the physical device overall is mid-tier in every respect and the price would be more accurate (and would sell a lot more) at the $449-499 price point, perhaps $479 would be perfect for it.

It's another Android phone

Attached: IMG_20180520_235026.jpg (3163x2088, 447K)

buttons are nice

Potentially botnet free keyboard?

>This came out today
it came ouf last month you cretin

It will not get android R even if BlackBerry decides to update it to P
>£600
Yeah for a fucking sd 660 in almost 845 range wtf

Clover on BlackBerry 10 is GOAT

Problem is I need more than one QWERTY keyboard

The priv is the last good blackberry and it wasn't that great.

>Moves from BB10 to Android
>Somehow becomes botnet free

Are you developmentally challenged? The botnet increased by a factor of a thousand.

>Clover on BlackBerry 10 is GOAT

Now here's a nigga who knows his shit

Attached: BB_Passport_Clover.jpg (1070x1322, 227K)

>android
fucking why, what was wrong with

>BB10
>Fast
>Just werks
>Can emulate android apps without needing the google framework installed or running

>Android
>Laggy
>Completely botnetted to hell

Cool, great improvement, It gained nothing and lost everything.

>b-b-but muh google play!
Google Play is the >muh games of the mobile world.

>>Is this really your phoneM looks comfy after desu

>mfw switched from Android a couple years ago to a Classic
>mfw the Hub is GOAT
>mfw real keyboard
too bad it's botnetted by RIM. But, I am glad I'm not sending Google as much information.

>no support after three weeks
>no slider keyboard
>overpriced
meh

who is she?

Not only was BB10 a propietary implementation of UNIX of all operating systems, their Android phones have locked bootloaders, no public kernel source codes and can't be rooted. Not to mention just average battery life with a small screen, all the while being overpriced for what it is.

>talking shit on QNX
you know it's a microkernel system, while UNIX/Linux is monolithic, right?

>talking shit on QNX
I just said it is proprietary, which is true.

I can't wait to buy a now cheaper second hand Priv / KeyOne

Wish it had the slide-out keyboard like the Priv.

>tfw no social media apps
I know it's mostly useless, but that's largely what a smartphone is even used for. Haven't tried Clover on my phone, though. Might have to install that and see if it's any good.

Losing the facebook connection killed it for normies but you can side-load many of the social applications that you want and things like telegram have unofficial clients you can use if you've got balls of steel.

>Say something nice about it.
No thanks, I only shill for nokia (hmd).

All major social media dropped off and the bloat only takes you to a mobile website which imo probably works better than some newest techo ai autistocracy app from those on a lets say 2013 phone.

I have the previous model (key1) and it's the best phone I've ever owned.

By what metrics?
What makes it the best phone you've ever owned?

The sun is setting on blackberry
bye bye, you fucks bricked my phone with that 10.2.3 BBOS update

The sun set on blackberry years ago, we're running on lunar light now. A pale reflection.

Can confirm that 2 NDS screens on top of each other have the same aspect ratio as the 3:2 screen, pic related.
And you can walk with WASD and stuff.
>best typing experience due to the physical keyboard
>least bloat and most functionality on stock rom I've had
>being able to map each key to open an app makes it the most intuitive and comfortable to open apps (Just hit D for Discord, W for whatsapp, and so on, instead of flipping through your homescreen or app drawer)
>Copy+pasting + more with Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+Z, ...
>battery life is insane, lasts through the entire day every time. 50% left on my heavy usage and 90% left on low usage
>The 3:2 aspect ratio screen is actually much better for a lot of specific content, like landscape presentation slides and landscape PDF reading. 16:9 is way too narrow for it
>landscape scrolling can be done extremely comfortably by gliding your finger over the capacitive keyboard on the side, without covering the screen with your finger and fingerprints
>smooth, no lag (black edition. The old silver edition apparently has some lag)
>same camera as google pixel, except it doesn't use the same camera software, but it's still really good
>sturdy build quality and appealing industrial design while being comfortable and having a rubberized back
>spacebar has an incredibly fast and accurate finger print reader, fastest unlocking I've had

And that's only the KeyOne, the Key2 is even better in almost all of these.

Attached: IMG_20171223_170123.jpg (3120x4160, 2.36M)

>0% market share
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: LOL.png (447x378, 425K)

>>battery life is insane, lasts through the entire day every time. 50% left on my heavy usage and 90% left on low usage

My passport goes days between charges and can also be used as an emulation machine. Admittedly it doesn't have many of the other features but lasting almost one day isn't insane battery life.

It is absolutely impossible to brick a BlackBerry OS 10 device, it can't happen unless the device is defective to begin with.

Go over to the CrackBerry forums, find the thread for the device, find the latest autoloader for the device for BB 10 OS, make sure you have the drivers installed, run the autoloader, plug in the phone (turned OFF obviously) and wait, it'll start pushing the update to the device (unless as stated it's actually defective) and in a few minutes you'll be good to go.

No BB 10 OS device has ever been bricked unless it's defective, that's what makes those devices so fucking awesome.

i can't say anything good about their marketing department, but i'm glad keyboard phones are still alive. maybe i'll buy one if my incoming moto z keyboard mod will turn out to be uncomfortable

I want it :):)):):) me liek blackberry

My old phone went empty after using it for like 4 or 5 hours. There aren't many phones who can get as much battery life as the keyone.
The "small screen, but normal size" ratio means that it uses less energy than other phones while still having a huge battery inside. So it lasts longer than most other phones that focus on screens.
The BB OS of your passport probably uses even less energy than android, while also having a smaller screen due to the keyboard, so it also lasts long, yeah.

As a side note, doing the autoloader to bring it back to life will wipe it completely clean so, if you had data on it, it'll be long gone once the autoloader is finished.

This was a few months ago and I had it returned
>buy new blackberry classic
>happy as fuck, remember how great it was owning a blackberry years ago
>get it
>okay, it said it was going to have 10.2.2 not 10.2.3
>read about 10.2.3 and how it caused some problems on a few models on a forum
>do research for a while
>different OS completely, no way to revert
>honeyyou'vegotabigstormcoming.gif
>go through the setup process and this annoying fucking indication light keeps blinking for no reason
>try to turn it off
>donskies, found the setting
>light doesn't actually turn off
>set up contacts
>exit the app by accident, I'm not used to the hand gestures yet
>saved contacts are gone
>k then
>go to change ringtones and sheit
>open up the setting, try to open up the file picker
>phone crashes
>phone gets really fucking hot
>reboots
>all the data saved is gone
>repeat again just to make sure I'm not retarded
>kill myself because it's actually fucking broken
>return to store
>sourgrapes.jpg
the classics go for about 50 dollars on ebay, who knows, I may try again. But as it stands spec wise my phone now is better so idrc.

keyone is down to 250-350 eurobucks, depends on the model.

I think it's close to a perfect phone. If they just made the screen resolution 16:10, added a number row, bit smaller form factor and had a version with all the benefits of an android phone (unlocked bootloader, rootable, etc), then we'd have an excellent phone. Removable battery would be a plus. Have you tried t-ui on it? I feel like it'd be perfect for that phone.

looks better than most phones ;)

nope, haven't used it, but it does look like it'd be perfect.

This. I'd love to have a good modern blackberry but I've just accepted its not going to happen. RIM is incompetent in this sector.
>t. former q20 user

I use the camera, hotspot, and openvpn in my phone a lot and can't stick with the Classic for these reasons. I'd almost try anyways because it really is an ergonomic device. BB10's hub and software was really good too.

>Check prices
>Keyone still 450+

I would actually like a phone with physical keyboard again but not for that price and those specs.

I mean, it looked great, and obviously my case was pretty rare. I'll probably try it out later.
But only if I feel I have too much money, I'm don't have a bunch of expendable income to throw around so I'll either get pic related as my next phone because I'm not concerned about "features" as they aren't important to me anyway, or I'll buy the upgrade board for a nokia n900.

Attached: freetel flipphone.jpg (400x400, 20K)

Their marketshare isn't gigantic anymore so not too many ressources were wasted in producing it.

Does the freetel support lineageOS?