Best OS for games?

I just want a fucking OS that isn't 99% pre installed adware/bloatware BUT can fucking play games without problems.

Attached: feels heart attack.jpg (378x301, 13K)

Windows 10 LTSB I guess

Windows.

>LTSB
The operating system itself is a pile of shit thats nearly 50 GBs, although it 'just werks' I cant fucking handle all this garbage

What do you think im running

Windows 10 is the gaming platform.
Get hacked LTSB if you can manage that.
There's literally nothing close to Windows compatibility.

Attached: 1516495288336.jpg (624x624, 85K)

Xubuntu

Anyone know if libre-distros acknowledged by FSF can run games? I have a feeling none of them can.

Unironically this.

Emulate a lot.

>FSF
>games
unironically pick one, unless you want to play free as in freedom games which aren't a lot

>Emulate
I dont want lag

I mean what is the actual problem of GNU/Linux distros not being able to run gaymes, what is the actual problem the graphics cards? Its 2018 how hasnt anyone found a way to play gaymes on Gaynu/Loonix

>2018
>not using Windows 7
What is wrong with you retards? The OS just works. If a peice of software or game isn't compatible with 7 its trash not worth using. Stop fucking about with 8, 10 and open sores trash.

Proprietary drivers for video cards are a thing, I suggest you check your hardware and do some research for driver compatibility with the system.
>>Emulate
>I dont want lag
I think he meant wine, which is not emulation all in all. I suggest you dual boot for the first times and see for yourself after doing proper research

>I dont want lag
WHAT.

Attached: 1530094677345.jpg (354x259, 28K)

unfortunately windows is the most widely used os, so people are going to keep developing deprecated software for it. so my advice is not to use deprecated software

For the record when i said emulate i meant console games.

There's a ton of them to play.

>I mean what is the actual problem of GNU/Linux distros not being able to run gaymes
Games are 99.99% (probably even more than that) proprietary. FSF recommended distros disallow proprietary software.

I mean from a software point of view, can't you run the game in an embedded piece of software which eliminates security risk?

So what if I can't modify or change the program(game) im running, that's their right to have since it's their creation, it'd be like saying "give me your house, even though you made it"

FSF needs context otherwise its just straight up communism

>I mean what is the actual problem of GNU/Linux distros not being able to run gaymes

Too small a market share so most developers don't bother porting, if they do its usually because they develop on linux machines themselves.

>I mean from a software point of view, can't you run the game in an embedded piece of software which eliminates security risk?

>embedded ... software
This makes no sense

>security risk
Libre software has nothing to do with security - it is all about software using the GPL license. AFAIR the GPL says nothing about disallowing making malware or viruses and distributing with a GPL (lmao at the thought of some madman doing that).

Windows 10 or a console.

Games on Windows 8.1/10 are about 20-40 frames faster than on win7. Actually tested this before.

You want Solus, my friend.

arch. most recent drivers

I play games on Debian.

Dota 2 + Counter Strike 1.6/Source

whatever you do don't fall for the windows 7 meme, haven't compared it to newer windows but compared to linux its game performance is dreadful and disabling aero not only does not help, but causes screen tearing. disabling useless processes also made no noticeable difference at all. go for lightweight linux with wine or windows 8.1 if you must.

>lag
retroarch has a feature that makes it less laggy than the original consoles if you don't have a poorfag pc

Linux is perfectly capable of running games, there's already a fair few with Linux compatibility. Performance issues are usually the result of a crappy port, given an even playing field Windows and Linux actually perform similarly. This isn't a technical issue, it's just a case of developers/publishers not often releasing games for an OS with 1% market share.

MirageOS