What you guys have against big data analysts/data scientists?

What you guys have against big data analysts/data scientists?

You portray them like uneducated indians that barely know what to do. But the fact is that I am white, and I am learning Python, R, Apache software, the whole PyData stack as well as some Machine Learning.

Attached: 16aa6fcff23a16db6791c0c765ade4fb.png (848x1200, 164K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bYviBstTUwo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They make too much money compared to a programming grunt like me. Henceforth, I hate them.

Big data is evil in its essence. We hate people who want to know too much about our lives.
Those who help the CIA are our enemies.
Don't be our enemy. Don't be the enemy of humanity.

>implying a knife can only be used to kill.

Nothing, but I don't want to be one because all that shit is boring.

>all that shit is boring

>Hey user, I am going to need some sales charts. You can send them tomorrow.
>Sure, boss!
>Job done in 10 minutes, because you already defined all the functions you need.
>Spend the rest of the day playing and trading crypto.

>call yourself scientist
>dont engage in actual science
nice buzzword jobdescription you have there
would be a shame if anything were to happen to it

>making excel charts
>"data"
>"""""scientist"""""

It's literally because it's mainstream approved. Same reason why Jow Forums hates webdevs.

>You portray them like uneducated indians that barely know what to do.
Because that's what many people claiming to be data scientists actually are. You might be the exception to the rule, but there are a lot of people who will just throw some shit into Hadoop and run some canned analytics and call it a day.

Data science is a field that uses computers and computer programming extensively. It's not the study of computers and/or programming at all.

Data science != computer science

>But the fact is that I am white, and I am learning Python, R, Apache software, the whole PyData stack as well as some Machine Learning.

wow and I have an actual degree in this shit with focus on machine learning and I got rejected.

Irrelevant now because I earn way more as java dev with probably even nicer hours, but still.

anyways good luck getting a job.

>here's a bunch of stuff
>feed stuff into program
>now Coke tastes like lemon jizz and Big Bird is gay
Fuck you.

science is experiments which are applied stats which are literally what data scientists do

>science is experiments which are applied stats
>this is what "data" """""scientists""""" actually believe
science often uses maths/stats as an integral tool, but that doesnt mean that maths or stats are science in themselves.

What people think big data analysts/data scientists do:

>Whoa, this is amazing!
>Pearson's r is showing totally different results than Spearman's Rho
>I have to immediately report this to the CEO, we must reconsider our strategy in the middle east
>Hehe, I bet this will give me a nice bonus, maybe I should buy a second house, just in case?

What Data scientist really do:

>FUCKFUCKFUCK, what's with that data?!?
>Half of the data is missing,how can they reasonably expect any results here?
>And why can't they even decide which encoding to use?
>The first file was in UTF-8, then UTF32 and now Windows-1252.. What the hell? Now I have to do the complete shit once again, AAAH..
>What the hell Athena, can't you even read this date?
>OK, so I chop the dates to substrings and rearranges, I don't even care anymore..
>So you need Results tomorrow? Deadline is coming?
>No shit sherlock. But guess what - I spend two days to only to edit this pile of a data shit (from 7 differnt sources) to make it even comparable to each other..
>Oh why yes, of course we can display 700 different problems in two Excel slides, no prob.
>And no, I don't need any real question. I'll just "Look for patterns", this is a piece of cake. Give me one hour..

the style of this image is repulsive in a way that i can't describe

Hands in pockets. Very rude.

>data "scientists"

They're neither scientists nor something new, they just apply some 0th level statistics and pajeet level knowledge of machine learning. I fucking hate them.

look at this smug scrawny little basedboy cuck, I just want to beat the shit out of him until he's a cripple

>unironically being proud of being a glorified excel monkey
kek

Need a helping hand?

>flat icon design
>smug hipster with chucks
>BUZZWORD * BUZZWORD * BUZZWORD * BUZZWORD * BUZZWORD
>MEMES, MEMES EVEN MORE MEMES
>chart made by shitty e-commerce marketing company

A job where you interpret data for internal/external clients who don't have enough of an understanding of basic stats to interpret your interpretation? Well I guess you can output anything and call it a day. This is modern day alchemy. You might know what you are doing, what is possible, what is meaningful, but at the end of the day someone wants you to discover 'the secret to turning lead to gold'.

Why does EVERY basedboy in tech wear these same ugly glasses

Attached: 1530742092750.png (106x44, 3K)

'Data Scientist' is simply meme nomenclature for the job that, prior to ten years ago, was called 'data analyst' or 'statistician'.
It's a product of marketing teams (marketing being virtually the sole industry recruiting 'data scientists'), nothing more. Hipster tech faggots would rather have a sexy title like that instead of 'Data Analyst III - Targeted Advertising'.

Attached: 1509273082633s.jpg (125x76, 2K)

eh
While I take the cynical point, I guess the profile shifted a bit. Back then, you had to have a good understanding of the statistical models and how to use specific software. Nowadays, there's python one-liners. These days, the biggest part of the job is to maneuvre across petabytes of different datasets and databases, and figure out what the hell you're actually looking for.

Not that it makes the work any more interesting..

Hey, I must thank the guy that suggested me to try and make a big data project using David Kriesel's "SpiegelMining" as an inspiration:
youtube.com/watch?v=bYviBstTUwo

It is a solid idea.

The entire bottom left column and the entire bottom right column (except for the last 2 items in it) is peak boomer buzzwords which mean jack shit.

tfw this thread is full of jealous people who don't use Jupyter.