/spg/ - Smartphone General

Mi A2 & Mi A2 Lite Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: xiaomi-mi-a2-lite.jpg (731x422, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/nokia_8110_4g-9089.php
xda-developers.com/miui-10-global-beta-8-7-5-anti-rollback-downgrade-brick-redmi-note-5-pro/
youtu.be/O99m7lebirE
en.miui.com/thread-3156438-1-1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 862C11A85D524370A51FF682D20CDDF9.jpg (991x929, 265K)

Mi A2 or Mi Max 3?

A2 if you want a big phone, Max 3 if you want a huge phone.

fellas, uhh

need a backup now that the backup has gone to shit, 5x for cheap or 6p for cheap?

>5x
bootloops

>6p
bootloops

Get the 5x, at least then you're only losing $50

they both have fixes and they're nothing I can't handle.

yeah, and the 5x is in my town vs the 6p 60 miles away.

lads, how is omnirom? is it as good as lineageOS degoogled?

Got the Note 5 (Pro). Its pretty great

Attached: IMG_20180713_154132.jpg (2240x3968, 1.61M)

Dear friend, thank you for your purchase

Bought from official retailers from my country. You still triggered my chink shit ptsd

>Note niggas tryna make their phone look like Pixel
Just by a Pixel my guy

Attached: 1531479296188[1].gif (400x224, 3.08M)

Thoughts on LG ThinQ G7?

I have a nexus 5x and the battery is dying fast after almost 3 years of use

Redpill me on the nokia n900. I can buy one on ebay for $130 right now.
Is it commonly talked about here because it's the only phone that natively runs linux?

Attached: nokia n900.jpg (600x600, 40K)

>being retarded

Don't make a dumb desicion; get a chink budget android phone and call it a day

hey don't talk like degenerate, this is Jow Forums, not black people twitter memes.
finally this guy arrives
>hey guys I currently have *old phones from years ago*, I'm thinking of buying *current year flagship*.
also the guy that got memed by physical keyboard.
soon we'll see blackberry key2 physical keyboard shill.

no

just pick some sailfish os device. I own Intex Aqua Fish, pajeet phone

What are the must have apps?
> youtube vanced
> adhell3
> nova launcher and klwp
> bx actions (for s8/s9 users)

Clover

any phones with a good battery life with no selfie cams and can handle apps?

>key2
Nah senpai the keyone is WAY more aesthetic desu

Also, you're a nigger, nigger

Nokia 8810 4G

anything designed and built in 2010s?

I meant the new one
gsmarena.com/nokia_8110_4g-9089.php

Vivo nex has a selfie camera, but it's in the body of the phone and only pops up when needed

It's also aesthetic as fuck

Attached: vivo-nex-copy1.jpg (759x422, 53K)

daschan is comfier

What color do you prefer your phone to be?

Attached: 1514043964250.jpg (900x1600, 303K)

Black and silver, the phone you posted looks like it's kept next to some spare tampons in a handbag

Seriously nigger, you look like a bitch with a red phone

Attached: bits.jpg (1280x754, 74K)

Unless its the red iPhone. That one is pretty fuckin cool with the black front and ferrari red back.

Never owned a smartphone and a friend just gave me his old samsung galaxy core2. what should i install on it? should i root it?

Thoughts on the Sony Xa2? My BLU phone of three years is starting to show it's age. I like the square edges, and it seems to be a good midranger according to the reviews, I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with one

Attached: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1600x1600, 140K)

>Have ZTE axon 7 for two years
>fucking love it
>one day screen breaks
>repair it
>literally next day screen breaks again because the battery expanded after damaging it during the repair
Okay
>Search internet for new Axon 7
>no one has ANY new
>okay go to amazon buy one used
>gets here perfectly fine
>about a week into using it softlocks constantly rebooting wont fucking actually boot past first screen
okay
>take screen motherboard out of old phone put it in new phone with new phones battery+screen+body
>works perfectly fine
>go out today phone gets pretty hot while getting new tires
>get home
>take out phone
>try to take a picture of tires
>camera is blurry
>restart phone
>boots
>reboots
>reboots
>reboots
>reboots
>reboots
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

there's not a way thats not gonna cost me getting a new phone to fix this, is there?

Attached: 1530815877493.png (800x800, 261K)

Kys

V A P O R W A R E
Google your phone model and xda forum, click on the link if one exists, you'll be able to find out if it can be rooted/bootloader unlocked

Should I be worried about this?
xda-developers.com/miui-10-global-beta-8-7-5-anti-rollback-downgrade-brick-redmi-note-5-pro/

I've heard there are fixes for the bootlooping LG phones like the 5X, G4, and G5
I would check to see what they did and see if any of those methods could be used on the Axon 7
If none will work then yeah, you will need a new one

yes you should, mine is unlocked and i can't even wipe partitions using fastboot, also you can't flash twrp, just boot it.

does this also apply to the regular redmi note 5 aka redmi 5 plus?

atm is only present in redmi note 5 and redmi note 5 pro but i'm sure that they're going to put that thing in every xiaomeme

well in that case xiaomi will die off and a new chink company will replace them

yep, they went full jew with that "policy".

Sounds like all of them are doing it now with Huawei refusing to unlock the bootloader on new phones

isn't there any way for you to install twrp? can't you install it from twrp itself by using "install image" after booting it?

Yeah, I'll give you that. Not sure it'd work so well on the X though, there wouldn't really be enough balance between black and red

yep, but with this new policy they're going to replace a lot of motherboards because if you downgrade the latest firmware it dies.
Not at the momment, anti rollback protection prevents flashing using fastboot.

>prevents flashing using fastboot
yeah, but as I said can't you boot twrp from fastboot and then install the twrp .img file from twrp? twrp supports installing both zip and img files

Never buy anything made by ZTE, it's a shit tier company, there are many better Chinese alternatives

So the chinos are literally shooting themselves in the foot for what exactly?

Which is the best premium smartphone at the moment? If I'm getting an iPhone I want something slicker than the stock Android interface. Also a neat camera.

If I'm getting an Android* sorry

you'll get a nice brick if you do that

that's right m8, i hope that they fix that thing in next updates.

Seconded, but with all these faggots locking them down, the only decent one that will be left will be Lenovo
>slicker than the stock interface
You realize launchers are replaceable in Android, right? As for the phone, I would get a Moto Z3 or Asus 5Z, but it depends on what country you live in and who your carrier is

They probably won't, I think they put the anti-rollback policy in to be like Huawei, I pray this doesn't become the trend, but God only knows why they're doing it, perhaps trying to get the phones as secure as possible to enter the NA market? I dunno

>you'll get a nice brick
Why do you say that? Is it some xiaomi protection? Because I've installed twrp like that on my oneplus many times

that sucks, then they should remove the bootloader unlocking "feature", in this momment that is useless.
i got a hard brick doing that, no edl/fastboot mode after that.

what a fucking joke xiaomi is, i never knew that and their phones looked good to me from a budget perspective, now i know to stay away
also could you have installed twrp on it before you installed the miui beta 10 or whatever? or is recovery locked from the beginning?

Tell me about it
Im on a ZTE phone where they fuck with by putting in the OEM Unlock option in the settings that does nothing
No fastboot, no unlocked bootloader, no method for root, nothing
Fuck ZTE with a rusty sign

Lenovo Phab2 Pro
almost 2 years old
love the battery and screen size
disappointed in RAM
Tango was a gimmick for this phone I bought from Lowe's
I want a new phone with 6" or larger screen
Android Master Race
8 GB RAM
128/256 internal storage
Dual SIM would be swank

my mistake was installing the latest beta (8.7.12) using fastboot, their phones were good, at least i liked my redmeme but if i can't flash thing this phone is useless for me.
look for another brand i think that xiaomi will follow the same path, the "care" about costumers thinking in our security, pure bs.

Trying again - following the instructions:
Lenovo Phab2 Pro
almost 2 years old
love the battery and screen size
disappointed in RAM
Tango was a gimmick for this phone I bought from Lowe's
Paid $500 Burgerdollars

US Based - Straight Talk Network
I want a new phone with 6" or larger screen
Android Master Race
8 GB RAM
128/256 internal storage
Dual SIM would be swank
Sony is lustworthy but I am willing to try something else - just want a good camera - good battery - readable screen - no Apple pl0x

LG K20/Stylo 2 vs Samsung J7? It looks like the J7 is just a clone of the S7.

Is the oneplus 5T/6 worth the hassle to use on US carriers?

I don't see the big problem here. Which manufacturer allows you to do this anyway? Samsungs brick this way as well. This is also a beta release. I wouldn't be worried.

Those devices supports bootloader unlocking, with this anti rollback thing you can't even flash a custom recovery or perform wipes using fastboot.

there is no hassle other than checking if the phone supports the us network bands - if it does it works out of the box and if it doesn't you can't do anything about it

OP6

MODERN SMARTPHONES BTFO
youtu.be/O99m7lebirE

>with this anti rollback thing you can't even flash a custom recovery or perform wipes using fastboot.
So, don't update until MIUI 10 is out of beta and bug free?

is Freetel Musashi Ftj161a any good? Thinking about getting a jap phone instead of a chink phone

Unfortunately MIUI 9 is fucked as well. I can only hope that Xiaomi removes the anti rollback in the next update.
en.miui.com/thread-3156438-1-1.html

Well that and support for VoLTE, WiFi calling, Verizon's CDMA whitelist(?), Carrier Aggregation and QAM levels

one plus phones are gsm only

I'm still not seeing the big problem here. How could this prevent anyone from unlocking their bootloader, flashing a custom recovery and rooting? This isn't news either way, everyone will be hard pressed to think of a single manufacturer which allows this or has allowed it.

The problem is that once Xiaomi updates the MIUI, which will be on their newer phone's going forward, there will be no option to unlock the bootloader, root, and flash ROMs because it will be locked down in the same way ZTE phones are locked down
The other company that has already committed to the same system is Huawei, all of their new phones released after June cannot have their bootloader unlocked

>there will be no option to unlock the bootloader, root, and flash ROMs because it will be locked down in the same way ZTE phones are locked down
Source? Not a single post on MIUI forums by their staff mentions this or even implies it.

From the article here: >Now they’re implementing a change in MIUI 10 Global Beta 8.7.5 on theXiaomi Redmi Note 5 Prowhich enablesAndroid Oreo‘santi-rollback protection. The only current way to avoid it is to unlock your bootloader and flash another ROM. This has to be donebeforeupgrading.
>BEFORE UPGRADING
now why would they say you should unlock, root, and flash PRIOR to upgrading? Because the system won't allow it, IT'S A SECURITY FEATURE

You are reaching here, and this still refers to a beta MIUI 10 ROM. Yes, it's a security feature as to not allow users to downgrade to an even more unpolished version. Makes sense. Still nothing that would imply bootloaders becoming permanently locked.

According to GSMarena the OP6 has the CDMA bands
Of course that only matters for a few years as Verizon and Sprint switch over to full LTE and 5G

Attached: screenshot5.png (1440x2472, 261K)

It's an Oreo feature, not a Xiaomi feature
Stock Oreo allows you to disable the feature while Xiaomi has not
Read the article

Im looking for a 5" cheap phone with good battery life. Im always on the move so thats all i need as long as it doesnt have any hiccups

My choices are:
-Xiaomi 5a 3gb
-LeEco
-Huawei P10 Lite

What out of those 3 would be the best? Is there any other option?

Attached: 32235633_1007769892705380_9064315452125085696_n.jpg (750x586, 39K)

Ty - that's where i am going :D

redmi 5 plus?

lol - no external storage on the OS6 - just like an Apple

The difference you're actually going to get between those phones will be negligible compared to just carrying around a large battery back

so, why i can't wipe partitions if my bootloader is unlocked?

please tell me the A2 lite is notched and not the standard A2

>i am too retarded to hide the notch

Just get an s9+ it would be cheaper

The A2 lite is notched and the standard one appears to not be notched, yes

The A2 lite's specs are exactly the same as the A1, as well, so you have two options if you want a Midrange Android One Xiaomi with a lightly outdated processor

>I'll buy a phone with an LCD display just to grey out part of it

lmao

Carrier: T-Mobile

Budget: around 250

Important: display, battery, 3.5mm jack, reliability.
Not important: camera, gaming

I'm not a heavy phone user other than calling/texting, browsing websites(manga), and watching youtube videos.

Old phone is a Moto G2 i bought at release(2014). The battery is finally dying.
Been looking at the Moto G6 and the Nokia 6.1.
Frys is having a one day sale for the Nokia 6.1 for $250.
Is android one a meme?
Been reading online that the Nokia has been having problems.

Thanks for the help.

you do realise it still uses the blacked-out part to show notification and statusbar icons, right?

Perhaps, not sure about that really

If Fry's is running that deal, get it

Is the Pixel 2 good?

Pixel 1 is pretty cheap now and has good battery

A2 looks to have 660 so it's fine for me. A2 lite's proc is too shitty for me