Fun fact: You can't draw the logo of GIMP while using GIMP, because it contains circles

Fun fact: You can't draw the logo of GIMP while using GIMP, because it contains circles

Attached: 1531416642049.png (1200x1200, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mahvin.com/2010/05/shape-paths-one-of-very-first-scripts-i.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Interesting

Fun fact: You can't draw the logo of pulseaudio while using pulseaudio, because it's a sound server

looks like a vector graphic anyway.
also gimp is not a drawing program (like paint), it's an image processing / manipulation program (like photoshop)

But a lot of people use Photoshop for digital painting though

that's not what photoshop was designed to do and these people are idiots.

gimp is so shitty I take a deep sigh whenever I am forced to open it to do anything
how the fuck can the devs be proud of that abomination?!
JUST COPY PHOTOSHOP, even a clone of photoshop 4 would be better than this shit

photoshop lets you draw things easily, as vectors too if you need

Works fine once you learn it, just because it's different doesn't mean it's worse. (except for editing real photos, gimp is shit there)

Lmao. They do it because painting program is not that different from normal manipulation program. And since Photoshop have a big third party support it can do the job just as good as any painting program.

you're the idiot hombre

I never had to "learn" photoshop, everything was obvious, gimp is pure shit at everything

what the fuck is going on in this thread

GIMP has vector tools, I'm sure that stupid logo was made in GIMP

could it be that you're just retareded

>You can't draw circles
you can but i won't link or post how it's a fun thread

Attached: (you).png (613x696, 51K)

This. Only reason PS is the "Industry Standard" for digital art and painting is because "it was there first" mentality--people who either never used anything else for painting/art or just have severe fanboyism. A lot of people rise to defend it every time someone criticizes it, but in reality, several programs have already surpassed it as a digital painting/art software. Because it's meant for photo editing, and they include digital painting functionality as an afterthought, and it shows when compared to other programs.

Fun fact: you can't type Linux on Linux because it's a kernel and not an OS unto itself?

How to make a circle in Photoshop:
Draw a fucking circle with the ellipse tool.

>never had to "learn" photoshop, everything was obvious
Same for me and gimp.

Your retarded. I drew this in Gimp.

Attached: retard.jpg (1300x880, 55K)

how many hours?

just like linux vs windows

How's this, user?

Attached: circle.png (640x400, 8K)

Circle containing logo of gimp, which contains circles.
Checkmate atheists.
His name is Wilber, btw.

Attached: 1506879657892.png (1024x1024, 479K)

It literally takes seconds you fucking idiot. Just because you and the rest of dipshit summer fags can't figure it out or use google to tell you how to do it doesn't mean its not possible or is and takes hours. Fuck off with your retardation.

Fun fact: you are a complete retard and don't know what the definition of an operating system is so no one should take you seriously

Fun fact: OP is a lying retard

That's not a circle, that's a torus, you dumdum.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

>alpha channel on layers are not enabled by default
>doesnt mean it's worse
who the fuck would want a white background on each layer when you erase something? thats the level of stupidity of gimp developers. literally just copy photoshop its that easy. shortcuts and all.

it's just a circle with lighting, actually

Paying $10 a month to use proprietary software for creating circles, when you could use free software to make circles, and donate the $10 to Ugandan children.

Attached: CopyQ.X10360.png (834x503, 26K)

Why the fuck would I donate $10 to Ugandan children? I hope they die already

Filters>render>gfig

Attached: Untitled.png (800x600, 49K)

>Your retarded

it's a ring actually

a torus is really just a circle-cirlce if you think about it.

take a point and rotate around origin = circle
take a circle and rotate around origin (in 3d) = torus

You can make way more shapes with the shape paths plugin tho.
mahvin.com/2010/05/shape-paths-one-of-very-first-scripts-i.html

Attached: easy_circles-fs8.png (1680x1050, 82K)

>Needs a plug in for basic functionality

wait
gimp needs a script to make a rectangle? this isn't a joke?

piracy & fuck uganda

>gimp needs a script to make a rectangle?
and where does it say that you information-resistant mongoloid?

on the image? are you retarded and blind?

Attached: Screenshot_20180713-220548.png (1080x1920, 118K)

like pic related. MIND BLOWN OR WHAT

Attached: th.jpg (474x354, 24K)

wrong

No, thanks, I'm not helping Ugandan children. I don't use vim, but now I will never try it

Good, keeps plebs like you out

Attached: 1011673790.png (572x434, 106K)

it doesnt. please show me on the image where it actually says
>you need to install 3rd party scripts to draw a rectangle in gimp

Great, keeps cucks like you in

Attached: 1531512618.png (535x508, 33K)

Back to Jow Forums brainlet

This made me think.

Attached: circles.png (1920x1080, 281K)

Are you being retarded on purpose?

thats a 3rd party script that draws rectangles.

where does it say using this (or other 3rd party scripts) is the only way to draw rectangles in gimp?

The plugin creates rectangular paths. (and various other shapes). The rectangle select tool creates rectangular selections. You can also create paths from selections with 1 click.

He's trolling as hard as he can.

Fun fact: You can't open windows in windows, because it's not your home

Yeah go to PS and draw circle with one mouse move faglord, I dare you. Sack of shit.

Jesus lad, relax.

I find Photoshop very comfortable to draw in. But I try to do pain tool SAI as well.

The image manipulation is great for fixing mistakes in sketches before I do the line art.

If I paint in Photoshop it just works, in other programs I can't find my way around it for the life of me. I'm trying hard. It's making me very demotivated not being able to use the other programs like I see others use them on YouTube.

I used photoshop for years, and when I decided I preferred using gnu/linux, hated gimp for a long time. Used photoshop in wine for months. But eventually I got used to gimp's interface, and gradually learned more and more about it.
Now I hate using photoshop.
So I sympathize with all you baby duck syndrome sufferers.
I really do.
But you're baby ducks.
You really are.
No two ways about it.
Gimp works just fine.

Were all just creatures of habit from the left over remnants of our "lizard brain" that evolved hundreds of millions of years ago. People will always prefer and perform best at what they're most comfortable with

Attached: circle.png (969x970, 43K)

Some versions of photoshop are downloadable for free. I mean, it's an outdated version.. but I think you can even download it from the Adobe website.

Fun fact: You can't post "I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!" everywhere, because it makes you look like an idiot.

You've never used the TTY

Word

Attached: Untitled.jpg (800x800, 72K)

Attached: circle2.png (10000x10000, 1.88M)

>implying

Attached: Drawing a circle in GIMP.webm (600x600, 2.59M)

Fun fact: GNU is not Unix

1. Elipse-Tool
2. Edit => Fill / Redraw Border
3. Done.
4. OP is a faggot
5. OP is a retard.

OK, but what does GNU stand for?!

It means:

Why didn't you use the Linus copypasta retard

Am I doing it right?

Attached: Untitled.png (474x474, 126K)

Wrong, then it would be called GINU.
GNU = GNU's not UNIX

GIMP confirmed the hacker's choice.

>I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux.
Ok, no one cares, fuck off
>Linux is not an operating system unto itself
You're wrong, objectively wrong. Learn what a fucking operating system is.
>but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components
Not everyone uses Linux the way you do, retard, the are plenty of use cases and most of them do not involve GNU. For desktop operating systems based on Linux, some distributions do use GNU applications, but it's up to the distro maintainers to give it a name.
>comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Go read it again, you clearly gave problems interpreting simple English.
>Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
It's the other way around. In fact many people run GNU applications on top of their operating system kernel to tailor it to be more desktop focused. Again, the collection of software people are running should be named by the ones that built it. And why do you think people don't know they're running GNU shit?
>There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system,
Ok, this is correct
>but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system.
Ok, not again, you're a fucking retard.

The rest is more of the same.
That's pretentious to think that you get to name something when you have no right to.

Then i would be your bitch

wrong.

>falling for bait
your retarded

It's fake copypasta. Linus doesn't give a fuck.
Retard.

>projecting upon others
stop being retarded