What should I do after installing Linux?

What should I do after installing Linux?

Attached: deepin-1.jpg (1200x675, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/General_recommendations
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/List_of_applications
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

install windows

Install Gentoo

Done. What's next?

Nothing. You reached the end station.

Install Guix

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/General_recommendations
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/List_of_applications

Now learn to use it

>You did it wrong, Deepin is shit.
Kingsoft?
>Botnet

Hackintosh

fpbp

Amen

Kill Yourself. Escape this hell.

Reboot.
>Linux is a kernel.

Attached: daily_picdump_2770_640_01.jpg (609x600, 33K)

>Deepin
>Not manjaro deepin
Also set the dock to "efficient mode"

congratulatory wank.

Engage in hour-long pointless debates over which distro is the best for the rest of your life.

install osx

anime

Use it for your computing purposes.

Install GNU, because Linux is only a Kernel

Killing yourself

pacman -S dwarffortress

install KDE

Deepin is gorgeous and functional

screenfetch

delet deepin

Sorry, Ganoo slash linicks

Change language to freedomese

As someone who used deepin it really isnt that good, it looks nice, comes with proprietary drivers, and has an amazing appstore, but unreliable. I tried to update to a newer version and it completely broke after a reset deleting all my data (i had backups but if i didnt i wouldve been fucked). Its prone to unexpected crashes and restarts. A much better alternative is manjaro linux or antergros with the deepin desktop environment. It looks the same but is infinitely more reliable

Attached: gottagofaster.gif (80x60, 6K)

Learn Vim and Tmux. And remember to keep a constant. .txt with notes about every new thing you learn how to do on the terminal

Attached: screenshot-2015-10-11_18-36-52.png (1366x768, 700K)

Talk about it incessantly to anyone and everyone who would listen to you, what else?

Uma delicia.

What you should really do is stop thinking of it as "the terminal" and get to know your shell and installed programs.

Install an operating system.

based

Dwarf Tower is better.

>deepin
>chinese botnet
Install Gentoo

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1504597753693.jpg (1048x932, 89K)

Try and get work done for a few weeks as you become more and more aggravated with the state of the Linux desktop in TYOOL 2018.

Finally reinstall Windows 10 after something that had been working for about a month stops working for no reason.

stop being a nag, faggot

Looks beautiful

Contains spyware

this is 15.5
update to 15.6
it has a better start menu

Attached: depn.png (1920x1080, 961K)

>systemd style init that is somehow even worse than systemd
>no drivers
no

>reinstall Windows 7

Download Windows 7 iso and install it

Install a girlfriend

what's deepin's package manager?

Haha, nothing ever "stopped working" under Linux for me, meanwhile it happens plenty often on Windows. A recent update broke my bluetooth connectivity, leaving me without a keyboard. Ouch

apt

Shit man no one has ever gotten that far before, you're in completely uncharted territory

/thread

There's a few distros which actually do a pretty good job nowadays with making sure it just werks, unless you happen to be very unlucky with your hardware/peripherals. And in most cases those distros keep improving with time.

Windows, on the other hand, is deteriorating with time, and every update removes features and/or breaks something. Windows is no longer an OS that just werks. The reason is simple: Microsoft's objectives with W10 are things other than user experience (for example, data mining).

rm -rf /*

Stop pretending there's nothing wrong with loonix. Last time I updated Ubuntu it managed to break that dumb store, it was not installing anything. There's another, when I was trying to customize Mint, for some reason it crashed the DE when I moved something on the taskbar, and the only solution was reinstalling everything because it didn't wanted to launch it even after reboot. Oh, Antergos once decided that working was too hard and just killed itself, all it did when I tried to boot is show me a nice kernel panic. Linux distros are buggy as Windows, no matter how hard you try yo make them look perfect.

Fill it with emulators and roms and tweak em until perfection.

>you try yo make them look perfect
You either have a curse on you or you are just lying, and I'm pretty sure it's the latter. No such things have ever happened to me with any distro I've ever used

This.

No, it's all real. See? Every time someone says your favorite system is not perfect you guys try to dismiss it as fake. You don't really care about the software, you are just defending a ideology at this point.

Install gentoo

continue web browsing, light text editing, and listening to spotify or whatever it is you listen to, only this time with a slightly (if at all) different UI