pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread... Fuck if I know. It got nuked too early.

>Fake News
Massdrop comes out with a new typewriter keyboard based on an actual typewriter. A hotswappble 60%... except they are so cheap that they do not include the keycaps at that price. Fuck!

Geekhack was sold to massdrop. Now we can't call massdrop assdrop on the forums anymore. gg.

Box Royals are airight. Bretty good. Zealios are still better though.

Low profile switches are a thing now and optical switches are too.

Hot-swappable TKL battle royale
> Mito CTRL > CTRL > K-Type

Attached: mercury.jpg (1600x485, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

coolermaster.com/peripheral/keyboards/masterkeys-l-with-superior-pbt-keycaps/
youtube.com/watch?v=tHHWD33CZPk
youtube.com/watch?v=LfyOs694lpU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no f keys
>space wasted for gay logo
What a piece of shit.

this is also why HHKB will forever be a piece of shit, too

Are there any chiclet keyboards with key rollover for games?

I am enjoying my Dell keyboard as it types like my chiclet laptop but with key rollover it fails.

Someone responded to my Kijiji ad for my outemu brown!

I'm selling it because I want to buy another mech, but want to at least get of one before I buy a third (teamwolf zhuque with navies)

Rid of**

it does have those though.

indeed, it has f keys and inexplicable wasted space

f-keys are worthless, but yeah I'll never buy a board with a logo anywhere other than the bottom of the case.

valid desu
it has the space, just put keys there

Attached: dead skin storage.jpg (1600x1067, 445K)

>Box Royals are airight. Bretty good. Zealios are still better though.
Disagree. t. someone who owned both.

another man of integrity.

Attached: raymond007-5-2.jpg (800x1652, 233K)

Looking to get a good gaming/typing hybrid with pbt

coolermaster.com/peripheral/keyboards/masterkeys-l-with-superior-pbt-keycaps/

This seems nice for $90

>fn + number
... I mean it is not hard to remember.

Mechanical keyboards are a bullshit meme.

Stop wasting your time and money on this shit.

Why?

>tfw just bought $76 worth of random switches
It's testing time baby

okay /mkg/ I'm about to buy an IBM Model M off of craigslist. are they reddit or actually worth the hype?

Buckling springs are legitimately good. Just don't overpay for them.

I'm agonizing over the springs to buy for my Matias quiet click. Worst thing is I'm not even sure if I want heavier or lighter. Is there anyone else with QCs on this board that could weigh in with an opinion on what you'd pick?

I appreciate the advice, user. Is $50 with an included PS/2 to USB adapter reasonable. It's in good condition.

Better should have paid less than 70.

That is very reasonable.
Why would you even get QC? They are scratchy as fuck.

>ABS keycaps
Fucking dropped.

Attached: dropped.png (456x40, 1K)

Because I wanted a quiet switch and I didn't know how scratchy they were. Does lubing them help by the way, or is it irremediable?

nah, the issue are with the stems and plastic used itself.

And lube doesn't help the plastic? Damn. Lesson learned then I guess.

>seller has a P70 listed for $200 or best offer on ebay
>bongland taxes are gay so I offer lower ($125) since that also lowers the import tax I have to pay
>seller completely ignores everything and lets my offers just expire - not just no counter, but not even a decline
>nobody is buying his shit and he's just repeatedly relisting it, and continuously ignoring my offers which I resend every now and then in case he changes his mind - the fucker can always just decline if he wants me to lay off
>check back now
>it got relisted again, but this time for $150, and instantly sold
What a fucking NIGGER. I was offering literally $25 less, he could have countered up to $150 if that was his lowest acceptable price and I'd have taken it, and he'd have had a sale weeks ago. No, instead he completely ignores my existence for weeks and then just randomly lowers the price to sell it to some random fuckhead.

People ignoring shit is infuriating. Especially if they message first.
>hey are X switches you're selling still available? I want them!
>yes, here's the total with shipping included
>silence afterwards
I even have that my prices are negotiable, but niggas don't even try to bargain with me. Just annoying.

>that 30 year old boomer who buys $250 ABS sets

Logitech G413 carbon yes or no? If no, pls give advice for a good mechanical keyboard around 100€. Thanks in advance.

no
user buyer's template for advice

Is there a 40% with bluetooth and preferably ortholinear that doesn't look like a fucking iPhone replica? Pic related is the kbdfans group buy in question that would be perfect for me if it didn't make me wanna barf every time I look at it

Attached: 2_26f47425-b5d9-4aa5-88bb-d7c06e787fcb_1800x1800.png (1080x1080, 666K)

Alright alright alright. Will do. I was lazy.

hi /mkg/ just finished removing plate from pcb

Attached: DIY.jpg (1960x4032, 767K)

hi

Attached: 1505521106976.jpg (219x249, 40K)

I mean by boomers you mean millennials who have way too much of daddy's money and is obsessed with aesthetics over practicality and reliability then sure.

this picture hurts me... I accidentally left a burn mark on my pcb and nothing was damaged, yet even when it is covered up and now is inside a fully functioning keyboard, I feel pain from looking at the keyboard. It feels like it is taunting me from my past mistakes.

Hi
This isn't even the worst, I now regret I didn't take a picture of the other fucked pad I've got

Attached: 1531519149401.jpg (2070x1743, 594K)

Eh I seen worse from chink keyboard diyers. Just careful with your solder next time so you don't burn the insertion socket.

>Have blue alps
>Buy a pristine AEK II for like 40 usd so I can desolder the switches for blue alps
>AEK II ends up being salmon switches
>Now I don't want to desolder them
I am happy and kinda sad at the same time.

Attached: rats.png (729x398, 598K)

This was towards the end of desoldering 68 leds over the course of about 4-5 hours (I suck at desoldering, and don't have anything better than a sucker because I don't expect to be doing any more of it now that pic related is finished). I got impatient and started being more reckless, in the "just hold the iron to the pads and yank at the LED until it pops out" way.

Eh it's not like it really matter, I have two fucked leds (and one other with fucked pads that miraculously still works perfectly - magic solder!) and since I have solid keycaps the fact that two don't have a led behind them is basically unnoticeable unless you look for it. I'll definitely be getting some kind of either desoldering iron or hot air thingy if I were to want to desolder another keyboard, because fuck doing it like that again.

>AEK 2
>blue alps
are you dumb?

never mind turns out i'm the dumbo

Any UK fags here that would be interested in a 1 year old tada68? Or should I just go post in mechmarket

mechmarket... technically selling here on Jow Forums is a bannable offense.

Oh no I will get banned from Jow Forums how horrible
But yeah fair enough

Imagine getting b& from the 'ch0n

The best part is getting random ban pages while on a 4G IP
I have gotten bans for everything from CP to shitposting on /mlp/ and posting "BLAME THE ANGLO" on Jow Forums

Attached: 1511869536721.jpg (898x666, 170K)

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 70K)

Op what keyboard is that

It's right there on the bezel.

Attached: 20769933_462770417440294_5955687173691005938_n.jpg (500x500, 3K)

>imagine never being banned from the chan

Planck Rev 6 doesn't have on board bluetooth but I believe it has the footprints you would need to add it.

I think it's happened to me three times over ten years.

Oh nice
What kind of bluetooth would I need to get for that

Not sure, take a look at the product page it says what footprints it has.

Is maltron the only layout that actually takes into consideration the board being split & columnar staggered? All the autism with colemak (dh mod), workman, etc. assume a regular row staggered layout. Meaning a key layout which was optimized for a row staggered board might not be what's best for a columnar staggered board.

Attached: dm20n1x-us-v1_orig.jpg (1098x800, 47K)

Workman is literally designed for a matrix keyboard. The other layouts aren't though

My TEAMWOLF Zhuque arrived today, I don't know with what switch I'll replace the stock ones with.

I think Gateron silent reds but I'm not sure.

Close enough to columnar stagger I guess.

Yeah, I don't think the columnar stagger would affect the layout much (if at all). Also, isn't the Maltron a non-staggered matrix anyway?

not gonna lie former mechanical enthusiast at first it was all luls and fun bet then i noticed that it drives you crazy in all seriousness we have to prevent this content leak out of this place and protect the normies.

Attached: IMG_20171205_221244_HHT.jpg (4000x3000, 1.91M)

THIS is the keyboard that has the meme setup photo where it's plugged into a phone

Post it you whore

nu

Attached: topre.png (447x447, 357K)

The maltron is pretty odd. The columns are curved & at different heights, but it doesn't look like there's much of a stagger to the columns.

I don't think anyone has rejected the fact that topres are just expensive rubber domes. Most people do reject that topres are more durable and last longer then cherry MX, even after all the proof

Honestly my end-game board is a dactyl manuform, which sounds extremely similar to the maltron. I type on workman precisely because I planned to use a non-staggered keyboard (right now I use a Preonic until I can decide on a proper switch for the dactyl).

>tfw Chyro BTFO Topre once again
youtube.com/watch?v=tHHWD33CZPk

>Honestly my end-game board is a dactyl manuform,
So what I'm typing on now then? :^)

Attached: IMG_20180704_174336.jpg (3026x1656, 1.19M)

Yes, you, hello, stop sitting in this thread almost as autistically as me. I swear you pop up any time of day whenever I mention something about dactyls.

I only lurk a few threads on Jow Forums to be honest familia.

But you're pretty dedicated to them.

Same though

>my kbdfans orders in pic related
Wow, either they had just changed or reset their online shopping system when I first bought from them, or that's one heck of a growth

Attached: iridium_2018-07-14_02-22-49.png (246x83, 3K)

I don’t know why I feel like this upcoming GMK Royal Navy looks so much worse than DSA Royal Navy

Attached: FA79CF10-BE50-43A0-AC02-9390913A0E4F.jpg (640x360, 49K)

the centred legends were part of what made the set, not having those brings it down a lot

Is there any downside to hotswappable sockets? Like, are they less sturdy, more wobbly, prone to getting puller out (e.g. if you snag a keycap or something), or anything? Or is it literally the same except changing switches is easier

Wasn't there a guy that got banned a couple of threads back because he made fun of 40% keyboards or something. Then there was this whole shitstorm because mods were deleting people who even mentioned it.

Downside is after repeated use they become loose and short, and also they're a point of failure for corrosion in ten or twenty years.

So short term where people are just faffing about with them like legos and change switches two or three times before they get bored and move on to the next thing? No problems.

Just got in my new Zhuque, this is my first mech so I never felt soldered-in ones but these seem sturdy enough by my standards.

I think it's in non-extreme use cases unnoticable.

How do they become short?

Intermittent electrical short. Because the sockets aren't making good connection with the switch pins.

Do you really mean ten or twenty years when you say that, or is it more like five years or so? Because modern keyboards usually need a heckton of restoration after 20 years anyway, so having to solder in the switches after a decade or two of messing around is very acceptable, but having it fail after just a few years of use would be a completely different story.

>fell for the mechanical keyboard meme
>buy first mechanical keyboard, it's extremely impractical and weird
>used it for 2 years at work because I didn't want to waste money on more keyboards
>everyone makes fun of me for typing on such a tiny keyboard
>user it looks like you're running a cash register!
>I got used to it's unique keyset and layout, and the way the switches feel
>mfw cucked by peripherals

Attached: ..jpg (569x336, 35K)

Hi Friends, whats a good keyboard to be my first and last mechanical, I don't want to get too deep into the hobby but I want to enjoy typing.
- Preference (silent rather than noisy)
- Medium resistance when clicking down
- Full keyboard,
- Cream colour
- Budget $200
- Back lit (don't mind)
Perhaps just provide me with the industry standard similar to hd600 for headphones.
Thanks

inb4 it was a hhkb

>Buying a mechanical that's not a proper old monster

It should like like it could control a spaceship.

Do you really need the numpad? Consider a kbd75. If you use the numpad occasionally (e.g. have to work with spreadsheets time to time, but it's not your daily job) strongly consider a separate numpad which you can then place wherever you want on your desk.

If that's not for you then someone else can recommend a good full board because I don't know the market. As for switches sounds like you want good tactilty so check out box royals or zealios (the latter being good but overpriced), or if you wanna get really silent then aliaz and gateron silent brown both have medium-low tactility and zilents have good tactility but again cost way too much (might still fit in your budget though).

nope

The difference between cleaning out dirt and PCB failure is pretty major. You start dealing with awful chattering and dead keys instead of scratchy switches. But even then, a little washdown with contact cleaner and a small pipe cleaner would probably save the day.

But yeah to get that kind of corrosion, you're definitely talking 10+ years.

Just get some old terminal keyboard with vintage blacks like a Wyse with a convertor. Then put some o-rings on it if it seems too loud. Cost you like $30 all told, though you'll probably have to give it a wash.

Wow o-rings feel like trash

>PCB failure
It's not really a PCB failure if you just rip out the sockets and solder the switch in normally and you're good

Unless the hhotswwpa sockets can't be ripped out for some reason?

thanks, any terminal keyboards you recommend?

Depends on if you soldered them in or not.

Any of the old classics are fine, vintage blacks, space invaders, linear alps. Hell, you can even get NOS IBM linear stuff for $35 shipped that are fantastic, though not very quiet.

youtube.com/watch?v=LfyOs694lpU