User, give me one reason why you still haven't switched to KDE?

user, give me one reason why you still haven't switched to KDE?
WM script kiddies btfo

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

It's bad

It's flawless

The blur effects wont work

It segfaults

Because I believe Jow Forums memes about it being
>bloated
>unstable
>buggy
>potentially molesting
>creepy
>non-free
>not aesthetic
>not used by terrorists
I'd rather just use MacOS since Jow Forums told me to.

is bloat

Kde is kinda nice, I had it on school pc like ten years ago.

you know what they say, old habits die hard.

>bloat
using less RAM than Xfce, kek

>full featured desktop suite
>under constant developement for over two decades
>tons of additional software
>still manages to just eat up insignificant more ram than abandonedware like xfce
>"bloat"
nice meme, but kinda stale.

It's pretty shitty,user.Shilling it daily to boost your ego isn't going to change that.

>too many options that I don't need
>not as good high-dpi scaling as Cinnamon
>constant crashes with Fedora's KDE spin

it's bloated, buggy, slow and looks like shit compared to XFCE

in fact, it's the least buggy DE out there

>using KDE on a distro that forces GNOME to stay alive no matter how much they fuck it up
why would i use KDE on such a distro? of course it's half assed.

>written in C++
>least buggy

pick one

Excuses are like assholes, nobody wants to hear them.

Doens't work with nvidia

You have no idea what the hell you're talking about. I've used KDE 5.12+ and it was a great desktop experience.

This notion that C++ creates more bugs is bogus. C++ 11 and onward gives you the tools to create better code. I'm not saying using C++ will automatically make your programs better but if you use the tools and use them correctly, I can guarantee you that your code will be more efficient than not using tools provided.

>redhat gives a shit about kde
>has to publish a spin anyway since it's a major de
>implementation is horrible, fedora is a testdrive for rhel and they don't give a shit about non-gtk-tools
>"muh, kde is buggy, why is it so shit"?
install opensuse and witness glorious kde

>KDE
>OpenSuse
I'm not installing all of that commie German shit on my computers.You Klowns fooled me once with KDE, it's not happening again.

Attached: 1515163741250.png (1920x1080, 3.09M)

And? That's one of my reasons why I don't use it. Also when I first started using Fedora I tried all readily available DEs and it's only KDE that was really disappointing. Cinnamon, XFCE, LXDE, LXQT and Mate all worked fine.

Comes as the default DE for a shit ton of distributions making it easy to troubleshoot. It's defaults are plain and simple to use and it's flexible trough the extension system. Theming is a breeze.

I just today transferred two workstations running RHEL 6 and Gnome 2 to Fedora 28 and Gnome 3. They were used by people who have never used Gnome 3 and they got along just fine.

The changes involved was enabling dash to dock in panel mode. Disabling edge tiling of windows. I also ran into a weird problem with evolution where it did not want to open ftp links in email for some reason. It was simple enough to solve but should not be a problem.

you can't really compare KDE to cinnamon, wich is basically a gnome-fork, xfce, wich goeas great alongside gnome and better wm like lx*. it's not a secret redhat hates kde.

I actually use it, and whenever I lock screen for an extended period of time, plasmashell starts using 2 full cpu cores when idle until I killall plasmashell && kstart plasmashell. What do?

It's shitty pseudo Windows blog for disgusting kr*uts

bulky start menu

>he lets a DE hog all his RAM so he can brag on Jow Forums like the söyboy he is
Is this a new form of cuckoldry?

I love every linux DE and without a doubt kde is great but I use gnome because i've gotten used to it's workflow and I really love extensions. you can customize gnome a lot, it's just a lot more difficult than kde

Attached: Screenshot_20180713_221744.png (770x203, 53K)

In which universe

reformat and install Ubuntu 18.04

Boomer

That's for the shell only. Now open up a file browser.

Because I don't like how it looks and don't care to spend 200 hours tinkering with it when Gnome does everything I need it to.

It's fucking ugly beyond repair.

>DE hog all his RAM
It's not the 90s anymore. We have more than 256mb of RAM these days

It's the best if you want a functional desktop that "just works (unironically)".

Attached: Kate_16.12.png (1280x916, 458K)

Is Plasma+i3 the best combination of software ever?

I'm using Budgie.

>Baloo file indexing has crashed
>Kwin Window Manager has crashed
>Fonts intermittently getting fucked up
>Send a bug report? Too bad, you don't have enough information so this bug report prompt was a waste of time

It could be good, but I it's too unstable right now.
Maybe I'll try it again once KDE Neon uses Bionic Beaver as a base

>abandonware
>latest commit 18 hours ago
nice meme, but kinda stale

It's shit. Slow, unstable and ugly

Because Deepin works better and easier, by putting literally everything in one menu on the side of the screen instead of burying you in a gigantic clusterfuck of menus and options like you're stuck in winXP hell land with a glossy shell

Seriously, the ideas presented by desktops like Deepin and Pantheon and Budgie are way fucking better than these godforsaken shit fuck hellscapes of old software desperately trying to catch up

Gnome 3 looks and runs like shit

Because I like Windows 7's DE.

I use KDE but I want something better

>user, give me one reason why you still haven't switched to KDE?
There isn't any KDE LTS release that supports the new blur yet.

Attached: sayori.gif (508x567, 234K)

Security updates aren't active development

It's unstable, xfce is stable and just as easy to use.

I'm 1000 miles from my computer right now

It doesn't?

Attached: Screenshot_20180713_191039.png (2560x1440, 3.34M)

I just reinstalled. Last time it got stuck in "loading initial ramsomething" after a few weeks of use. Let's see if this time it sticks.

I switched from kde to deepin. No regrets. Looks nice and it loads more quickly than KDE.

>>non-free
how

i dont have a pc
posting from xbox one

I'm gonna say the same thing I say EVERY FUCKING TIME you idiotic KDE shills make this thread, which is at least once a week:

IF YOU SPENT ALL THIS EFFORT INTO KDE ITSELF IT WOULD NOT THE UNSTABLE PIECE OF SHIT THAT IT IS

I tried to switch but it starts flickering suddenly and I dunno how to fix.

kwin tiling scripts exist

underrated

KDE is a meme

stick with GNOME

this. no drivers

Switched to KDE Neon recently. Best experience I've had with any OS in years, and much of it is because of Plasma. Super easy to customize, fast even on my old T410s, and Kate is an awesome editor. I was always partial to KDE but i stopped using it a couple years ago because the bugs were annoying, but now it runs great.

i3 stole my heart. i'd legit marry it if i could.

>>used by terrorist
what

Probably something about Qt

That's more a sign of sanity than anything else.
Nvidia wants everyone to reimplement a separate protocol just for them. See EGLstreams

It does work with NVIDIA, though. He's wrong. There's only really issues on the Wayland version, and even then you can just use Noveau instead and it works.

Kwin DOENS'T WORK 100% WITH NVIDIA and I'm talking about XORG, not Wayland.

Noveau is a bit of a crapshoot with some laptops, still fucking impressive what they've managed to do, but it can be pretty unstable on some hardware.

What about it doesn't 100℅ work?

kde+i3 brother.

>installed Debian with KDE today
>no synaptics

>debian+kde
oh boy you're in for a bigger surprise. prepare for a ton of graphical glitches and overall bugginess

I deleted VMWare with it. Fuck linux. 2+ decades of development, still no unification, good software and lots of shit is broken

fuck I didn't know you were a winbaby. enjoy your pajeet-teir operating system

faggot

I'd rather have a pajeet system, but a working one

Attached: Harvey.Street.Kids.S01E23E24.Clinging.in.the.Rain.Raccoon.Hoarder.Picture.Show.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DD5.1 (1920x1080, 1.49M)

>working

Attached: 1531452545203.gif (325x244, 94K)

KDE 3 was nice annon, but to me..
KDE 5 is ugly as shit, its slow and annoying to navigate, its way too resource intensive to have any business being this ugly
it has had the same bugs since version 4
file associations are fucking autistic since version 4 and it has not gotten better
it feels like some indian ripoff of window 10 dude, it's just not good.

also since you're such a dumbass you should've started with mint

>xfce
>best it can do is be a pale imitation of windows 95 desktop

why bother then? windows 9.x works better than linux anyways and is more functional. I can just use that.

>try to install on vmware
>installer crashes
>try on VirtualBox instead
>garbled mess of colors appears, as if GPU broke
2+ decades of development

Attached: hue.png (955x949, 829K)

how exactly did you setup the VM and also that's your fault for not running it on a real computer

almost default config, but upped RAM size to 2Gb. I'll try again and post, hang here for a few minutes.
> that's your fault for not running it on a real computer
Windows works ok on Vmware though

>I'm incompetent
>I'll blame SW that other people run no problem as a daily driver
That tracks

Weirdly enough, it installed this time. Did they push a new distro in the last couple of days?

mint 18 was released not too long ago but still you're incompetent. it's best if you just stick with windows because I think linux or anything else but mac OS or chrome OS will be too hard for you to use.

Because I'm already using the best

Attached: 1493206559164.png (408x368, 96K)

>linux full of broken stuff
>a lot of proper Win soft isn't available for Linux
>mono and wine emulation results in features not working and sometimes broken GUI
>distro is literally incompatible with DE it officially offers
>i'm incompetent
Whatever helps you sleep at night, my red-eyed friend. I'll wait until M$ completely shits up windows, and maybe then Linux will finally be ready for everyday productive desktop use (even if it's not likely)

Attached: Harvey.Street.Kids.S01E13E14.Cereal.Tiny.Danger.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DD5.1.x264-NTb.mkv_snapshot_02.16_[2 (1920x1080, 1.55M)

>linux full of broken stuff
I was talking about how debian with kde right now is pretty bad. every other distro brings a better kde experience
>a lot of proper win soft isn't available for linux
lemme guess. photoshop? a proprietary game? I would say learn how to use gimp but you're incapable of learning anything
>mono and wine emulation results in feature not working and sometimes broken GUI
what the hell are you on about? I never had any problems with wine and I've been using it for years. but running it in a VM may be the issue. retard
>distro is literally incompatible with DE it officially offers
incompatible? it's unpolished. how the fuck can a FOSS desktop environment be incompatible?
seriously. stick with windows

Not even trying to fight in the meme war saying this but I have no idea why XFCE is not considered the default DE for all Linux distros. It's the only DE that is full-featured and doesn't hog system resources of anything but the latest hardware.

Even for those doing everything through i3 and bspwm I don't see why you wouldn't be using XFCE's task manager, power manager, network manager, etc. It really is in many ways the ultimate Linux toolkit.

it's the best DE but it's not flawless

kubuntu boot uses less ram than xubuntu boot

>why XFCE is not considered the default DE for all Linux distros
Because that's the point of Linux OS: freedom

I tried it and it’s p. kewl, now it’s my main desktop.

>a lot of proper win soft isn't available for linux
Paint Net, SubtitleEdit, MS Office, MPC-HC, 7-zip GUI. That's literally just the software *I* need
>what the hell are you on about?
Macros not working in MS Office, and picrelated
>but you're incapable of learning anything
>retard
So much projecting
>it's unpolished
Then why the fuck offer it in the installer?

Attached: se1.jpg (1280x1497, 757K)

You gotta turn em on first

Japanese input is shitty.

What's broken? I've been running Plasma on Nvidia for like, a year without issue on Xorg.