Chinese Android Boxes

Thoughts on these Chinese Android boxes?

Should I try finding a used laptop instead to do the same thing for almost the same cost or can these do anything special?

Attached: t95zplus00.jpg (1030x698, 57K)

Good for IPTV I always liked the ones with the digital clock built in

Shitty and sluggish interface. Dated Android. Random message windows in indecipherable Chinese script. Annoyingly bright LED on the front.

But if you want to run Kodi then by all means get one.

>Not installing a custom rom

Android is not for brainlets

not all devices can run a custom rom, let alone an up-to-date one

cba

Enjoy chinese bwckdoors on ur home network

Then you picked the wrong one. Any Amlogic 905 box can run a custom rom regardless of manufacturer. Which is like 90% of the market.

>thoughts on literally chinese spyware

I know you are NEET and all OP but how fucking dumb can you be?

Lots of saying these are shit in here. Okay, what's the superior alternative?

Attached: F4F1751B7A7B40FB9601F743001CCB52.jpg (1242x875, 354K)

buy odroid and setup librelec

I got a X96 mini (1 Gig ram) for my sister. It's probably pretty botnet. But it streams kodi just fine. And plays 1080 without any problem. And it's pretty cheap

I use a sunveill T95u(same as the OP's but a nicer looking case) and its good for kodi shit, and the occasional android game. I played through all of limbo, Ocean horn, and might start KOTOR on it later. Dont expect to use netflix on it though, wont play past 480p and will use the phone interface(painful to use without a touch screen)

My parents have some shitty MyGica box that they randomly bought. Is there a way to improve the shit software on it that's easy for old people to use?

doubt it. There are so many chinese boxes that no one spends any time on working backwards to replace the rom. The only sorta exception is Minix stuff, but they cost like 50% more for the same specs and all these things need to be replaced every 18 months anyway so its not worth the extra $$$.

Mi Box
The Chinese are going to rule the world soon anyway, why resist?

Stock firmware shit. They're managable if you flash to Android TV roms.

Xiaomi Mibox is what you should buy if you want one of these. Nvidia shield is the only other option, everything else is a hack.

Just use an old laptop. It'll have better performance by a long shot and you'll have the flexibility to do more with it.

probably better off building a mini htpc, although more expensive, it'll be a lot more practical and serve a longer lifespan, with tv boxes being obsolete within 2 years

get an intel nuc + android x86
100% less botnet

I've owned the Xiaomi Mi Box for about two years now. It's pretty great and doesn't lag at all unless you're trying to run Kodi on it.

Why does Kodi make it lag?

Because it's a bloated app

Guys I'm interested in one of these bad boys, which one should I get?

>mi box
I bought it once and returned it, it was awful, says it can do 4k but it chugs like a motherfucker, everything looks blurry and shitty regardless of res anyway

I'd just get the laptop. In my experience with shit like this the laptop can do everything the box can but the same can't be said for the box

Get a cheap intel NUC or Clone.

Odroid C2 is pretty good, 4k h265 decryption

>decryption

>botnet pajeet/slav roms

Wake me up when you can buy an Android Box with a free rom.

What part of "installing" don't you understand?

It's sad that my 2009 netbook was was powerful as my Dell NUC from 2015.
Ended up giving it to my mother who didn't have a computer.
Now I'm hesitant about trying another NUC
My 2009 netbook was powered by a Nvidia chip which could play h264 1080p files flawlessly...without using any cpu power.
The 2014 NUC played the same h264 1080p files but used 70-80% of the cpu. So no multitasking.

And which exact rom respects your freedom? Show me.

LineageOS, AOSP, you name them.

Those roms do not work on Android boxes numnuts.

There's a XDA group that has created a custom ROM for some of the SLogic boxes.
There are also ROMs on random hardware forums.

Yeah. I don't like buying off of Craigslist, but I think I'm just going to get a cheapo laptop with a semi-modern gpu and be done with it.

I've read a lot about these dumb ass boxes (so now I'm an expert) and you're going to have to end up cutting holes in the box in order to keep it from overheating and stalling.

I also brought one and returned it the same day. I'm still searching for a competent replacement

Nvidia Shield will be $140 on Prime Day