Is playing above 60hz a meme or is it much better (and only opposed by jelly poorfags that can't play at higher hz)?

Is playing above 60hz a meme or is it much better (and only opposed by jelly poorfags that can't play at higher hz)?

Attached: FsDrg0BoZ3ZnJTZbVTKF6JdEovJ-zSva1A3mmYdc9_4.png (811x767, 413K)

IMO, it's moderately nicer.

What about freesync/gsync?

85hz or so is noticeably more appealing than 60hz, even in the desktop environment moving the mouse drawing windows.

85 to 120 takes a trained eye to differentiate.

in my experience 120hz looks way better than 85hz but only if you can get a consistent framerate (talking about vidya)

Only if you play competitive gaymes, so nobody.

I'm going to buy one of those 4k 144hz monitors. I'll tell you after that.

144hz/1440p/gsync reporting in. I have a 1080ti and most new games run at high 90fps, with gsync though it is amazing compared to my old 1080p 60fps (which to be fair was a business monitor). 4k gaming at those speeds is greatly overreaching, but gsync will make it still run smooth and be future proofed for a bit unless you swap to AMD.

Sidenote: I really notice now when companies put in framerate caps. Especially Bethesda with it's 30fps bullshit.

this one is a meme

144 hz here. At first you dont notice, but after a while you realize everything looks smoother, and if you go use a different computer to do something, even the mouse tracking looks "off" (like it's laggy).

10/10 would reccomend. 144hz isnt even that expensive now either.

its much better
thing is not many games can run above 60 so its a bit of a meme but it does look much better

*can't

Negligible if you're hitting 100+ fps in your highest res.

It's a lot better, it's like one of those "can't go back" feelings.

Anything over 100 feels a LOT nicer, from there it's a bit of diminishing returns, but you can "feel" it and 144 is obviously the best.

Not even just for gaming or anything, even just for general desktop use, having the mouse never trail or lag behind at all is so nice. Feels gross and weird to watch that mouse trail on 60hz.

It's way fucking better. Way more liquidy smooth.

Attached: 8e7f8d58e1ba45ed7a2d50f101ada022.jpg (1080x1333, 102K)

144Hz vs 60Hz is a world of difference

ive only played at 60hz 75hz and 120hz

even 75hz is noticeable 120hz is huge change. even just in windows moving windows around looks extremely smooth 75 hz was very noticeable in bf3 and stuff like that.

its cheap to check out just buy a decent late 90s early 2000s CRT of a secondhand site or message board like CL for 20$ they can all do 120hz

ive also tried 120hz on a 1ms DLP projector. so its not just CRT ive used at high hz. ive also used 4k from 2012-2014

I would take hz over resolution any day currently play at 1k 120hz. instead of using my 60hz 4k display.

It helps for certain games, mainly 'twitchy' fps.

In CS:GO, fortnite, pubg, the slight advantage can help slightly. In most single player games like Doom or Fallout or w/e it will make VERY little difference.

>60Hz
Holy shit dude I play at 160Hz no its not a meme.

>it will make VERY little difference.
Certainly as fucking holy fuck will not.
The cursor is super silky smooth at 160+ Hz it jumps around so badly you can't even follow it at 50-60Hz god damn dude time to upgrade.

Attached: ulmb 120hz.jpg (528x95, 9K)

>his monitor doesn't refresh per planck second

Attached: An.jpg (720x540, 160K)

It's like day and night. After you used 120hz you can't go back

>his monitor doesn't quantize spacetime

60hz feels laggy after 144hz

It is much, much, MUCH better, you will never be able to go back to it.

wonder how far human eyes will evolve within the next 50 years because of gradually increasing Hz standards on displays
>after using a 500 Hz monitor I can't go back to 300 frames per seconds, it hurts to use

You gotta be a high level GAMER to GAME at high FPS (Frames Per Second, not First Person Shooter). I have a 144Hz GAMING PREDATOR monitor, many EPIC KILL STREAKS have been had on that BEAST. FUCK YEAH.

since the human teeth can not smell more than 17 frames per hour, motion blur reduction is much more important

when will you stop posting

If you're using a multihead setup, ALL monitors have to support the refresh rate you want, correct? I've never really looked into refresh rates

when will you stop posting

Not OP here but is 1440p necessary for 24"?

Yes. /v/irgin scum infest the board, and they want muh max FPS in CSGO and overwatch and shit. Never mind they all have 1060s and shit because they can’t afford 1080Ti cards thanks to based minefags.

Resolution > refresh rate.

came here to say this

Attached: WP_20151129_00_34_12_Selfie 1.jpg (1369x1241, 639K)

Depends on OS. In linux it supports all refresh/dpi settings being different and you will not even notice it is a different monitor if they have similar colors. Windows still has the same scaling settings as windows vista so I don't think it can do much in that regard. Perhaps the display drivers can circumvent it and do more there.

I can definitely tell between 100 and 144hz

Just got rid of my 120hz monitor and bought a brand new 60hz one.
I could see the difference easily, a couple of times on windows it reverted back to 60hz and I could tell straight away from the mouse pointer. Still doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Just stupid consumerist shit. Yeah it's marginally better for no tangible benefit.
Spend that money on real hobbies.

Depends on how far above 60Hz you mean. There's a very clear difference between 60 and 144Hz for instance and going back from 144 to 60 feels kind of stuttery. That being said, I find 60Hz to be fine if you're used to it, I still perceive it as "smooth".

if your having a fine experience on 60hz why upgrade.