Low end android tablets

why do they keep putting shitty 1.1ghz-1.5ghz cpus in them that struggle with basic webpages? it makes them unusable even if the screen/ram/storage/cameras are decent enough for use

it can't be that hard to make something just a little bit stronger but not bump the price to ipad mini levels

why the fuck are all tech manufacturers so clueless?
I can't think of many tech products in the last decade that are actually well designed

how do I start my own?
I'll do it right

Attached: 41TS8WVSqZL.jpg (500x349, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

androidheadlines.com/2018/02/samsung-galaxy-tab-s4-benchmarked-android-8-0-sd835.html
lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/android-tablets/tab-4-series/Lenovo-TB-8704/p/ZA2H0000US?cid=us:sem|se|google|shopping|ZA2H0000US&CAWELAID=120030930000000561&kw=&adid=261891387077&addisttype=gpla&prodsku=ZA2H0000US&gclid=Cj0KCQjwm6HaBRCbARIsAFDNK-isF3-_LtaEkNbfg_0_IvcXhsUKfbf7_SFUzv9d-uQZqy8i0Kg4RWkaAkQrEALw_wcB
youtube.com/watch?v=Nh7mX_ZrkSU
youtube.com/watch?v=9fBAwxUO28w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally angry birds/peppa pig machines

Oh I love cheap shitty tablets. The issue isn't that they're poor web browsers. It's that they're great all-in-one systems and 99% of people out there insist on just using them as web browsers.

Between Bluetooth and WiFi device connections, utilities like Tasker/IFTTT and surprisingly good free or cheap apps, these things are great when placed for specific purposes. Just get it out of your head that it's a laptop replacement because it isn't.

Think like Picard. He had his PADDs and then he had his little laptop gizmo. Two different devices for two different purposes.

So buy a high end one you stingy fuck.

androidheadlines.com/2018/02/samsung-galaxy-tab-s4-benchmarked-android-8-0-sd835.html

I use them for IbibPaint
The lag is the only problem

Cash grab to prey on people who can't afford an iPad but will take anything that looks like one.
Android is free to use and you can cheap out on the components and materials.

yeah they're great for many things, but right now I need one for basic webpages as a kiosk, and I don't wanna go with ipads and pay the apple premium for something that can be broken easily in public, but these tablets struggle with basic css and javascript animation so it looks bad

what do?

not suitable for a kiosk that can be easily destroyed

Like I said, get it out of your head that it's a laptop replacement. Set up a thin client kiosk.

If you can't afford to spend $500 on a kiosk, you can't afford to run a business.

Android tablets are irrelevant, there's no market for them except stingy people buying rca tablets at Walmart who don't know better.

Only the iPad matters in the tablet space, it's the only decent one.

Check out the Lenovo Tab 4 Plus
lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/android-tablets/tab-4-series/Lenovo-TB-8704/p/ZA2H0000US?cid=us:sem|se|google|shopping|ZA2H0000US&CAWELAID=120030930000000561&kw=&adid=261891387077&addisttype=gpla&prodsku=ZA2H0000US&gclid=Cj0KCQjwm6HaBRCbARIsAFDNK-isF3-_LtaEkNbfg_0_IvcXhsUKfbf7_SFUzv9d-uQZqy8i0Kg4RWkaAkQrEALw_wcB

mate I dont need it to run games or edit videos or store more than 5mb of files, all it needs to do is load simple webpages with a few page animations and not stutter like an old man

oh yes, lets spend $500 for each room in a hotel... now you're thinkin!

Mate, if you don't go with what I recommended here , Asus makes pretty good tablets for about half of the Samsung tablets
Other than that you're gonna have to get chinkier

>run games
>edit videos
>thin client
u wot m8

I think you need to go back to the research phase.

this tablet is good, but has too many things I dont need like fingerprint scanner, 4g, usbc, 8mp camera, which bump up the price

all I need is a better cpu on a shitty chinese tablet and job is done

shitty chinese tablets are like 70-90 usd, I'd gladly pay 120-150 for one with a decent processor, but its hard to tell on aliexpress when most of the feedback is probably fake to boost ratings

you said 'laptop replacement'
I'm not asking for that, I'm asking for basic webpages

asus tends to put physical buttons on the front, which I'd rather not have on something people can spill a drink on, guess I'll just do trial and error with generic tablets and argue with chinks halfway around the globe til I find one with decent specs that match the box

You made a thread to describe how budget tablets can't render basic webpages. I'm telling you that this is because rendering basic webpages is something at the level of what laptops do. The reason I said this is so you'd get it into your head that you need to set your bar at the correct level. Rather than setting it at the level of cheap tablets, set it at cheap laptops. Look for devices that are comparable to laptops and push the price point down from there.

Thin clients would fall into that category. They don't run games or edit videos. Look into what they are.

It's really hard to find a tablet, even a chink one, with a good SoC and no other features

Just buy some T420s and install Udindu you fcking retard.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is under 99 dorrars and carries an eight-core processor clocked at 1.4ghz(equivalent to a single 3.something ghz processor) if your site still lags then you suck at coding.
What makes you think we can't do astroturfing on dirty reddit you dumb gwailo?

too small, needs to be 8-11", but I'll look into the rest of xiaomi's lineup, cheers

guess I'll need to flash it to make sure its not calling home to beijing, some of these tablets have been known to do that, not a good idea when they have mics and cameras

/thread

I bought a shitty 7 in tablet that had 3G for a relative, and the piece of shit didn't last much (a few months) until the display started giving problems after it fell. I opened it, saw the flex connecting to the display was kinda broken, tried fixing it, left it in a worse state.
anyone knows if these shits can be fixed somehow? tried looking for replacement parts, all sellers said they don't have any for this specific shit, so I'm fucked...
I'll don't want to buy a new one FFS.

>rendering basic webpages is something at the level of what laptops do

Attached: HOLD_ME.png (400x200, 73K)

Xiaomi Mipad 4 is 8 inch and has a good Snapdragon.

Teclast t10 and Chuwi Hi9 Air are 10 inch and have an okay for webpages Mediatek CPU.

These options are in the 200 USD range though.

iPad is the only good tablet.
I hate Apple and even I'm willing to admit it.

>inb4 muh Surface
Surface isn't a tablet. Even Microsoft calls it a "laptop with a detachable keyboard."

>low end android tablets
>why do they keep putting shitty 1.1ghz-1.5ghz cpus

Attached: 4ddf169178a6a5a04f365e7257f27123118aa2c5_full.jpg (184x184, 9K)

I got myself a Tab A 10.1, the new model is like 180€
If you can't order from China I'd say this is the best value/price ratio.

My other choice would be the Asus Zenpad 3S 10 but it was too expensive for my taste, then the lenovo tab 4 plus but I wasn't too keen on it because of the price and because it wasn't much better performance wise than the yoga tab 3 plus.

If you can get chink tablets teclast makes some good things but some apps recognize their devices as rooted even though they aren't, lenovo tab 3 plus is otherwise the best choice. What bothers me is that most of the tablets I'm naming are already a few years old and there's no innovation because people just get them for their kids to pacify them or to watch youtube in bed.

The average website uses more RAM and CPU than games like the original Doom did.

Web 2.0 was a mistake.

depends on the manufacturer
I also hate how these shit tablets get no support from their makers
if I get a tablet with android 4.4, I can't upgrade it unless some wizards on xda figured out how

it's not that they can't run android 5,6,7 or 8, but the manufacturers are too lazy to publish the tools so people can tinker around and make every device easily moddable

why the fuck do tech companies suck so much?
why can't we just replace these bastards and make good tech instead of leaving it to retards

MAKE TECH GREAT AGAIN

I've been looking at the teclast tablets, they have decent support on xda, might give one a try, though I already got burnt once by a chinese tablet with fake specs that claimed to be android 6 while clearly having android 4's UI and SDK level, and wrong cpu speed, gpu, and only beat only 1% of antutu devices on performance, however the screen was pretty damn good

imagine if china actually made good products instead of useless crap while polluting their country in the process, bunch of idiots

there's heaps of tablets rocking cpus built in 2012/2013 instead of something more recent, you'd think there'd be something a bit better by now thats affordable...

>If you can get chink tablets teclast makes some good things
I think the tablet I got was a crap clone of a teclast tablet, have to track down a legit one, there's a big thread on xda, so at least I can mod it, they say the tablet squacks home to china when you try to flash a different image onto it

>What bothers me is that most of the tablets I'm naming are already a few years old and there's no innovation because people just get them for their kids to pacify them or to watch youtube in bed.
this is what I noticed and the reason I made the thread, I had a crappy 7" tablet from like 5 years back, and still low end tablets suck as much as before

maybe they made a really really big batch back then with crappy cpus and have to clear out the warehouses slowly, but are having trouble since they're almost unusable

You might check out the techtablets guy, his reviews helped me a lot when looking into chinese tabs.

>low end
what did you expect?

lenovo tab 10+ comes with snapdildo 625.
samshit tab s4 snapdildo 835.
xiaomeme mi pad 4 sd660 but deprecated by mi max 3. 7.9" vs 7".

So if a basic bitch like me wanted a cheap tablet for Netflix and browsing the Web, what would be a good option?

Lenovo Tab series (not the plus)
Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Asus makes some cheap ones as well

this seems good, perfect for my needs, perhaps a bit too strong for what I need, but no netflix hd (so standard is ok?)
youtube.com/watch?v=Nh7mX_ZrkSU

you shouldn't be streaming video over wifi anyway unless you wanna microwave every cell in your body at low power for 2 hours, you will regret it later when you're in your 40s and full of tumors, just save mp4s aor transfer avis and watch them on the tablet like how people did before netflix

thanks user, really great channel, narrowed down some candidates

I still use my Nexus 7 2012 with Lineage 14.1. Not that slow probably because I don't play gaymes.

Attached: Screenshot_20180714-231104.png (800x1280, 375K)

Maybe I'll sound like a shill, but isn't the mipad 4 decent for 180 bucks?

it's pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=9fBAwxUO28w

however more powerful and expensive than I need

Well it's a cycle. Consumer buys product they think is decent, it turns out to be shit. Consumer goes "damn, time for a new tablet" and goes out to buy another shitty tablet. Rinse and repeat. Easy money for the manufacturers.

The solution is that you buy a low end tablet, rather than a midrange or high-end one.

Just buy an iPad already. $329

It's not like a Teclast T8/10 or Chuwi Hi9/10 or such struggles with webpages and movies, even if you can't claim to have the latest snapdildo that the cool kids recognize, but only a mediakek or intel.

I know the mediatek devices don't have WideVine L1, but do the Intel devices have it?

Ah yea, I forgot some people care about the Netflix HD DRM bait. I guess I don't, but I can see how you would. Figures you need the correct botnet hardware.

But IIRC on the Windows / Intel tablets they don't even care about hardware support but just use browser/software level DRM?

SUPRA M942G. S-Shit.

On the windows tablets they have a Netflix app, but I imagine it doesn't matter because WideVine is a Google thing and only applies to Android, right?
But I meant the Intel Android Tablets like the Asus ones, I imagine the Asus ones paid for the WideVine license

Hm, I don't actually know what the Intel tablets do if you run them on Android.

OTOH if an Intel tablet doesn't have Windows or maybe Linux, why even consider it? On Android, Intel is pretty much just the pricier option with a lower battery life, isn't it?

Not on a tablet with a huge battery
I had a Zenfone 2 and other than the ghosting issues, it was pretty good on battery and good for performance
I assume the ZenPads with the Z3580/Z3560 have the quick charge feature the Ze fone 2 had as well, also they usually have good screens and decent front-facing stereo speakers as well

aren't we at like 4.0?

N7 2012 is piss slow, made worse by the worlds slowest flash storage. The 2013 model is fine, but the 2012 is excruciating to use.
t. still have two 2012 models I keep as backups

Nexus 9 is the tits
The refurbs can be had for cheap too

It's too bad used Pixel Cs are fucking expensive. Looks like a pretty nice tablet albeit a bit too big to be comfortable.

the nexus 7 2013 model was still as slow as fuck too, and mine got progressively worse before it just flat fucked itself in the ass. pretty sure the ribbon cable that made the touchscreen function properly came loose, and ontop of that it just started randomly giving errors before crashing. In the end I factory resetted it, only for it to still give those same errors during the re-setup. I partly want a new tablet, but I'd actually rather an e-ink reader I think, since lcd too straining on my eyes.

THIS
they're basically NVidia Shield Tablets which run for over $200 used if not more