What is the one piece of technology that has pissed you off more than anything?

What is the one piece of technology that has pissed you off more than anything?

Attached: die.webm (896x503, 1.85M)

The smartphone.

This.

This.

Sent from my iPhone

The Macbook. Classism has always been a problem but goddamn did it become toxic during my college years over those fucking things.

Goyphones are stupidly useful.
Sadly mostly no one uses them for anything other than stupid social bullshit
>carry my books
>some calculators and tools for school
>my music
>some gook cartonns
>some gook drawings
>scanner for rfid,QR,barcode
>can communicate instantly to plan my day and ask for help
>maps
>payments and transfers
>camera
>portable office-suite when i desperately need to inspect some data.

Goyphones are useful as fuck, sadly normalfags have corrupted them beyond repair and companies will gobble up whatever stupid bullshit apple comes up with, and apple sure loves to fuck over their customers

Attached: profligate.jpg (469x640, 56K)

bluetooth phone headsets / bluetooth headphones that people use to talk on the phone

used to be if you were walking on the street and you saw somebody just talking to themselves, you'd say "oh look a crazy person". now people are just talking to their bluetooth shit. so annoying

>maps
>camera
>payments and transfers
>portable office
>can communicate instantly
botnet botnet botnet botnet botnet
next
?

tripcodes

this
this
this

Sent from my iPhone

botnet is to Jow Forums as cuck is to Jow Forums. smart smartphone users can block your tinfoil hat worries.

I hate smartphones because of people like you, normies.

GNU/Linux

Printers.

bluetooth

>botnet

The situation is not going to improve anytime soon. Almost everyone is too inept to know that they are being spied on because it's cheap.

Attached: 1422065661255.jpg (250x300, 14K)

wireless lan

Snapchat, both the app and their spectacles glasses. Literally the prime example of useless silicon valley bugman shit.

why??? ...the fuck?

SMS

the wheel

Attached: uncle neb.jpg (419x396, 33K)

all apple products

overpriced junk

Attached: 1530761816914.jpg (1279x747, 107K)

electricity

Recaptcha. I have to fill them out all the time because I don't have a google account and won't store their cookies. I always answer them correctly, and yet I have to redo it 3 or more times no matter what. It used to take 5 seconds tops to do a CAPTCHA, and now it's like 3 minutes or more

Attached: 1367539126658.png (500x500, 103K)

>What is the one piece of technology that has pissed you off more than anything?
Ninebot/Segway whatever thing. You've spend more than 500$ on a toy, and they use some shitty DRM in their app, that is pure botnet.
Secneo must be finished and chink that funded it must be prosecuted for not selling firmware with stuff...

I know, I took my thinkpad to class thinking that it wouldn't matter, by the end of my first day I was nearly in tears..

just run linux and all the macchicas will be like "oh what's that? is it a unix-family OS?"

instant proof of intelligence for grills

to impress the Y-chromosome you need to pick a linux distro that's not for noobs, or at least one that doesn't have "buntu" in its name

Windows as an OS
IDE cables
and

That video was fucking hilarious.

how are you a full blown tripfag and also so very new at the same time?

I've never seen it before so its new to me.

Not a very hard concept, I know your some #metoo lol I can Jow Forums full time reddit dipshit but god damn dude use some common sense.

This, and IoT devices.

my fucking s7 edge has that pink bar manufacturing error, and is slowing down to shit.
I swear to god Im going to throw this thing out a damn window soon

Diagnosing any issue on Windows
Linux I plug something in and can know immediately what the hardware signature is
Windows cucks you and leaves you to fuck with their GUIs and hopefully drivers

And apparently now recaptcha, been getting real bad lately..
Taking 3+ slides or the annoying select all that apply and take forever fading..

Give me one good reason why I shouldn't use things that massively enhance my life because of (((botnet)))

intf

Fucking spotify crashes on me all the damn time, always has.

this, every smartphone I bought has been buggy and failed when I needed it. I can't go back to dumbphones because I need 3g so I barely use my phone anymore, just email.

w10 antimalware service. it throttled my cpu when i tried to open anything. there is a request to localhost? let me check what's apache doing there and take 40% of your cpu power. there is the same request again? i'll check it again even though i did it already and i'll take 60% of your cpu power now.

-(((smart)))phones
-internet of shit

vibrators

Fpbp. Thermal printers are an honorable mention.

Attached: IMG_20180407_033801.jpg (132x171, 7K)

Sinks that only work with you wave your hands over the sensor

>give me one good reason why I shouldn't discard my privacy for mild conveniences

Attached: [Chibiki] Puchimas! - 21 [360p][4CD5C0F3].mkv_snapshot_00.22_[2014.04.01_20.56.34].jpg (640x360, 27K)

also: toilets that only flush when your back is turned

the internet is a botnet, especially Jow Forums
and I'm so sure you've abandoned phones entirely as well as cut contact with anyone who uses one, never buy anything not paid for in cash, and don't pay your taxes

Attached: SAMHYDEBURN.jpg (639x960, 47K)

smartphones. most, if not all of them have an accelerometer, they should display a warning or stop working if it detects the user is moving.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 33K)

targeted advertising creeps me the fuck out.
And don't fucking sugarcoat it and say its "personalized" or "enhancing" or giving me a more "relevant" experience

What does that privacy give me? I live in a country that records all user traffic and stores it for half a year and will present it at the first demand of law enforcement. I don't have any per se.

This fucking blood pressure machine. It costs 900 fucking dollars and only works 80% of the fucking time. There is absolutely no reason this thing should cost this much fucking money when it barely outperforms a $40 digital cuff and vastly UNDERPERFORMS compared to a manual cuff. It is so fucking awkward when I have to pull out the manual cuff after the patient's arm has just been crushed by this piece of shit.

Attached: welchallyn.jpg (750x750, 37K)

C++ on Windows

The automatic gearbox. Allowing dumb autofags on the road has ruined the experience for everyone else.

This

difficult question. Probably sound card, smartphone, printer, smartwatch, pc. In that order.

IP's and their inability to be changed easily and fast , depending , plus their traceability.
Next up are those captchas with slow fades.

there's nothing hard about using a manual, it's a waste of time for those who consider using it an achievement

You're right, it isn't hard to use a manual. So why bother using an automatic which are more likely to fail?

python

the internet

this

>mild conveniences
>saves thousands of hours of wasted time

The SAS programming language/platform. I was promoted into a data engineering position a few months ago and was excited to see what the data science hype was all about but they use SAS and jesus crist it's the most inconsistent shitty piece of software I've ever had to use. The language hasn't been updated since the 80s and has next to no online support and no third party libraries. Working on convincing them to use python so I can get out of this hell

video-games

This. If you use TOR it's almost impossible. Over 30 perfectly done challenges just to post one measly comment.

Big screens in cars. Fine for the backup camera but I like buttons so I can memorize where the shit is. Least physical buttons are still there in most cars.

Attached: touch-screen-car-stereo-1.jpg (600x400, 75K)

>give me one good reason why I shouldn't give away my privacy

You think laws protect you now, but there will come a time when the government will push new boundaries and take away freedoms central to your lifestyle. You will resist, legally at first, by writing to your representatives and trying to voice your concerns. But none of those will incite change, as the elite class will protect their ruling interests and your cries on the internet are silently hidden by the companies who control the flow of information.

You can try to protest, but you will be ridiculed as a troublemaker, subject to suppressive laws that you didn't notice being passed. You might seek out like-minded individuals on secretive channels, but you will be caught by the far-reaching surveillance powers. You will be branded a terrorist, false evidence will be planted by the police.

They will humiliate you on the media, calling you a deviant. The public will laugh at you, eager for a chance to place themselves above another. They'll ridicule anyone who is brought to the guillotine, because that is what they were taught to do. But when it is their livelihoods that are threatened, then they will remember and regret that they did not stand up for others while they still had the strength.

motherfucking compact flash, oh you you wanted to plug this in without accidentally breaking or bending all the pins? fuck you

wifi connections suck the big penis

Ipod classic in 2005 the itunes syncing is a mess, made me never want to buy another thing tied into the apple eco system ever again

Attached: fpbp.png (591x627, 719K)

Printers!

Lol what liberal arts shithole college did you go to? First day in Signals and Systems I pull out my "dinosaur" T420 and the kid next to me immediately notices and comments on how comfy that keyboards layout is.

Touchscreens

Why did you bother writing all this in future tense? I'm already living in such a country and things aren't going to get any better.

They are working on that, but for cars to stop people Facebooking while they drive.
It will be annoying if this also means you can't use a smartphone as a passenger or on public transport.

Also people playing with their phones while riding a bicycle through a busy street is absolute hell.
They go very slow and swerve all over the road so it's very hard to overtake them.