Do any other Linuces beside Arch have extensive wikis that help you with EVERYTHING?

Attached: archwiki.png (300x225, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/offline_installation_of_packages
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Working
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Portage
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Networking
dspace.library.uu.nl/handle/1874/7540
gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/System-Configuration.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah, most of them do
Gentoo's is of special note for how good it is

No, but some have forums.
btw PM'd you the fix.

Install Gentoo

Does it tell you how to install arch without an internet connection?

Gentoo

Man pages. Arch Wiki is just a way to post stuff from man pages online. It's how the developers designed it and it's built in with most commands.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/offline_installation_of_packages

Not what was asked.

If you think that doesn't answer it then you've never installed Arch.

Can you install the arch operating system onto your computer without the internet?
I believe not.

not true actually.
mam pages very often are confusing, lacking usage scenarios, interactions with other software and never consist of information on common problems.

Install Gentoo.

This, also lfs

Actually i think im wrong

If you get all of the necessary packages on some form of physical media, then you very well can. The same goes for any OS.

>Linuces

Attached: patric.jpg (400x289, 17K)

>Linuces

Attached: 1517678972848.jpg (637x854, 67K)

The arch wiki can still be applicable to many distros or at least useful because a lot of the time something like the configuration of a program is the same or similar on many distros.

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Installation
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Working
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Portage
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Full/Networking

idk what I did, but now it works
marked thread as SOLVED

you can apply any distro wiki to any other distro

Ubuntu
Debian
Gentoo

>not using the wiki to learn everything so you don't need it anymore
fucking archfags need their hands held 24/7

>Linuces
It's GsNUs+Linuces you mong

Unbuntu
Gentoo
RHEL/Centos/Fedora

Gentoo devs lost their good wiki due to incompetence. That's why there was the rise of ArchWiki

it's really because it's being kept up to date with the upstream

>Ubuntu
>Debian
please
you can hardly find anything in wiki ubuntu its so anal to search and concerned to ubuntu only but outdated, debian is a bit better but still debian only (ofc) almost no information and usually outdated anyway

go no

You don't need a wiki for any other distro because they aren't pieces of shit that break every 15 minutes
all of this shit has been automated since 2004
only wannabe diy losers who need to pretend to have a job care

NixOS has a formal thesis some PhD wrote describing it's entire logic. dspace.library.uu.nl/handle/1874/7540

Everything is written in declarative syntax, which is essentially self documenting no wiki is needed

OpenBSD is the gold standard of man pages .

Oh yes, gentoo's wiki is far more in depth than arch

Is NixOS worth it? I recently spun up a VM and have been playing with it. I really like the concept.

Yes they did. There was no backups. That's like kindergarten IT right there.

I hope that this functional meme dies

GuixSD is also a good choice. It's GNU's take on the concept, using the Scheme language for the configuration file.

Why? It seems quite logical to me as a new GuixSD user. Having one config file that defines your entire system outside of some per-user dotfiles, and can be copied to other systems to get an exact copy of the setup. Sounds like a sysadmin's dream.

The FreeBSD Handbook

A single file to configure a system seems amazing, I'll have to look into GuixSD. May have to refresh myself on lisp.

arch wiki sometimes just copies man tho, and man is included everywhere and is extensive af.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linuces, are in fact, GNU/Linuces, or as I’ve recently taken to calling them, GNU plus Linuces. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

You even define what services you want to run at boot, and configurations for those in there.
gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/System-Configuration.html

This is ridiculously true. It's honestly for people who don't want to just use man

oh yeah such a great open source OS Linux is.

I see it uses GNU Shepard

You can disregard that interjection.
It was actually intended as a reminder.
You can't be re-mind-ed if you're a no-mind.

Was honestly just trolling you

Attached: 1510347508367.png (603x452, 188K)

wow are you saying they had a wipe?

so what do you want? a wiki to reinvent the software?